[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Season pass >DLC for basic game content >Booster packs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: DLC.jpg (130 KB, 647x955) Image search: [Google]
DLC.jpg
130 KB, 647x955
>Season pass
>DLC for basic game content
>Booster packs
>F2P games where you pay to win
>Early Access games
>Kick starter
>Lets Players milking kids
What went wrong in gaming industry /v/?
is there anyway to fix this or there should be a crash first in order for a better vidya industry to rise?
>>
if you don't like the way a product is being handled, don't buy it
>>
>>337898045
>if there is a problem just close your eye and ignore it
way to go champ
>>
>>337898542
yes, if everyone did that those products would fail

but if there is a market for it, it can't be helped
>>
>>337898542
Change the things you can change, come to term with those things you cannot change.

They won't stop milking cash cows and they won't stop making summer blockbuster capeshit. Only thing about that you can change is your attitude towards it.

But you'd rather cry and moan about it on a taiwanese cooking bulletinboard.
>>
Vidya became an high value industry with dumb customers and greedy companies.

Guess what happend to the sports equipment industry in the last years.

>hey, I want to play soccer, I want a soccer ball
>here you go one soccer ball
>but don't you want to buy this aerodynamic t-shirt and shorts set?
>don't forget to buy our newest high performance shoes!
>this elektrolyte carbonated drink will make you play better! buy it now!
>don't forget to buy your sports bracelet to update your sports status on facebook

It's exactly the same shit, an industry trying to make money from your hobby.
>>
>>337898894
People act like they have to oblige. Don't like that new AAA game? Don't fucking buy it!

Bought it? Your fucking fault, don't come running with your hands full of shit complaining about shitstains.
>>
>>337899030
>>337898853
>you dont buy AAA games
>everyone else does
>AAA companies make shit ton of money
>AA companies see that they can make shit ton of money if they follow AAAs footsteps
>AA games with DLC and AAA shenanigans
>AA makes money
>now indie devs want free money too
>>
>>337898542
it's products, not a social issue

that's like being mad that a sofa is being sold in a color you don't like
>>
Horse armor
>>
>>337899210
My point still stands, doesn't matter if its AAA/AA/indie games, don't like it? don't buy it.

You don't have to immerse yourself in things you don't like desu
>>
>>337899336
its basically what >>337899210 said
if you ignore the problem the masses who actually buy the game will give easy money to lazy devs and people who actually made decent games will go for the easier way to make quick cash
Just compare the current FPS genre to 10 years ago, after COD success most FPS games turned into dude bro multiplayer because they wanted the same success and audience of COD series
>>
>>337899210
>you bitch about AAA games on /v/ at 4AM
>all 200 people here are convinced and decide never to buy DLC again
>gaming is saved
>>
>>337899525
>lets talk about video games industry on video games board
>waah waah this is not shitpost why are you doing this here
>because its 4am here it means that its 4am where you live too
please use your brain before posting
>>
>>337899517
>if you ignore the problem the masses who actually buy the game will give easy money to lazy devs and people who actually made decent games will go for the easier way to make quick cash
That's also what happens if you don't ignore the problem.
>>
File: yes.jpg (193 KB, 1150x1155) Image search: [Google]
yes.jpg
193 KB, 1150x1155
>>337897783
>that image
>mfw I only care about the "free to play" part
>>
>>337897783
> What went wrong in gaming industry /v/?
Lack of flexibility that would arise from a suppmy/demand based price model
>>
>>337900096
MY NIGGA
>>
>>337899656
> Talk
> Complains about same stuff everyone and their mother has been agry over for last ten years
>>
>>337900096
You realize that means the belly button section only right? Not the entire midriff and underboob?
>>
File: Bruh.png (1 MB, 867x793) Image search: [Google]
Bruh.png
1 MB, 867x793
>>337900774
Fine with me.
>>
>>337901008
Shit taste
>>
>>337898894
>implying a regular football isn't already criminally expensive
HERE HAVE THIS WORLD CUP SUPER MESSI SIGNATURE VERSION
>>
>>337899517
>turned into dude bro multiplayer
Yeah and guess what? Most of them fucking bombed.
Remember how we got like 20 WoW killer MMOs a year and how none of them are around now?
Right now we are on the LoL/Dota killer train and guess what? Half of these fucking copycat games die before coming out of open beta because nobody wants to play "the same shit but with a different skin oh by the way you have to start the grindfest you did in the lats one over again"

EVERY industry is about trying to copy whats popular videogames are not unique and most games that do try to just be something that someone else already made end up bombing. Even fucking CoD and Battlefield have gone in polar opposite directions with their settings

If you want to bitch about an industry following trends then at least bitch about cases when its successful
>>
>ingame store in a full price game
>But developers need food too!!!! ;((((((
Kill yourself.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.