[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GIVE ME YOUR FUCKING PHONE NUMBER
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 10
File: Gabe_newell.png (154 KB, 361x436) Image search: [Google]
Gabe_newell.png
154 KB, 361x436
GIVE ME YOUR FUCKING PHONE NUMBER
>>
Sure, you can have my pre-paid mobile phone number with no personal information attached to it.
>>
>>337897490

So people can see that as well during next time steam fucks up and shows other people's personal information? No thanks.
>>
Someone should write some erotic fiction about Gabe having Steam globally ask for phone numbers so he can get the number of that special user.
>>
>>337897490
are you going to call me. GabeN-Senpaii?
Can i come over and have a tea party and you can do my hair?
>>
>>337897490
Sure thing mr fbi
It's not like this number is tied to my personal id in any way.
>tfw third world has anonymous sim cards in stores.
>>
File: 1331941332823.jpg (56 KB, 476x316) Image search: [Google]
1331941332823.jpg
56 KB, 476x316
>hasn't made a good game in years
>literally every release has been brainless shootan or a shitty casual rehash
>can never release anything on time
>lied to the public about HL2 release date and then called the FBI on the guy who exposed them
>refuses to update his outdated game engine
>tried to trademark DOTA in an underhanded move to one-up blizzard, without caring how much damage it would do to the mod community who made the game in the first place
>created a cult of personality based on his fat, gluttonous image
>convinced an entire generation of PC gamers that cancerous DRM is acceptable if you dress it up in a bunch of bells and whistles

Why do people support this man again?
>>
>>337897687
>not writing a fanfic about gabe using it to secretly make a database of all the pizza huts in the world
INFINITE pizza at his fingertips. Anywhere he'd go, he'd be able to quickly and efficiently reroute any and all pizza delivery drivers to his location. Couple that with his growing database of dumptrucks?

imagine
>>
>>337898025
>Why do people support this man again?

Because he's the good doctor, despite the outcome his intentions are pure.

We will build cities in a day
>>
File: 1463427618729.png (437 KB, 751x628) Image search: [Google]
1463427618729.png
437 KB, 751x628
>>337897490
sorry fat fuck, i'm leaving steam to play some overwatch.
>>
>email authentication
>one time steam guard verification, hardware based

>mobile authentication
>every time you login you must pull out your phone and get your steam guard code, even if you're logging in with the same computer with no hardware changes

GENIUS IDEA
>>
File: badou-normal(c).gif (383 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
badou-normal(c).gif
383 KB, 256x192
>>337897490
I don't like how more and more shit demands the use of a phone and you have to put more and more information and power into it.
>>
>>337898025
>>convinced an entire generation of PC gamers that cancerous DRM is acceptable if you dress it up in a bunch of bells and whistles

What's staggering is how some people call people that prefer GoG over Steam to be retarded.
GoG is what Steam basically should've been in the first place.
>>
they want phone number so they can ban all accounts tied to a number at once. yet another stupid useless hoop to jump through thanks to counter strike, dota, and tf2 bullshit that screws over normal people who just want to sell their extra cards a few times a year.
>>
>>337898297
Cancerous DRM is unfortunately necessary. There are a dozen threads on here every day with people bragging about how they never pay for their games. People who think piracy has no impact on the industry are, and have always been, retarded.
>>
File: 1406110891857.jpg (38 KB, 420x556) Image search: [Google]
1406110891857.jpg
38 KB, 420x556
Remember when you could just buy and install a game without having some online account?
>>
File: SteamAccountAnon3.png (2 MB, 1901x1080) Image search: [Google]
SteamAccountAnon3.png
2 MB, 1901x1080
>>337897490
This was already done for me since I had two-factor on my account.
>>
>>337898025

>complaining about Steam when it's better for us than every publisher having their own launcher and system
>complaining about Source when it allows easy modding and porting of content
>complaining about TF2 when it is without question one of the most popular and influential multiplayer games of all time, and still pulls nearly 6 digits of players on a regular basis 9 years after release
>>
>>337898589

Excellent taste my man
>>
File: BfgWiTHCIAAqKxu.jpg (18 KB, 510x281) Image search: [Google]
BfgWiTHCIAAqKxu.jpg
18 KB, 510x281
>>337898638
>>complaining about Steam when it's better for us than every publisher having their own launcher and system

what about not having any fucking launcher in the first place dumb asshole? This is why I pirate.

>>complaining about Source when it allows easy modding and porting of content

For what, playing on godawful map that look like they come from the n64 era, kiddies mods and shitty skin?

>>complaining about TF2 when it is without question one of the most popular and influential multiplayer games of all time, and still pulls nearly 6 digits of players on a regular basis 9 years after release

half the server are running cancerous maps filled with toddler/furry/slav/russian/hackers, the other are valve and skial shit
>>
File: 1457561104654.jpg (47 KB, 287x326) Image search: [Google]
1457561104654.jpg
47 KB, 287x326
>>337898580
Remember the time when it was optional?
>>
>>337898580

I also remember a time when you bought a game and did get the whole game. Expansion packs were made only if the game was a succes. Today exp packs are replaced by the bad kind of DLC where you just know that it was bits cut from the game to be sold as DLC.

If Broodwar was released this year you can bet your ass that Lurkers, DTs, Medics etc would be sould in "Unit packs" or some shit like that.
>>
File: Vert.jpg (154 KB, 759x604) Image search: [Google]
Vert.jpg
154 KB, 759x604
>>337898670
Wasn't that expensive either, like two bux.
Shame though, only select few games have them available for steam backgrounds.
>>
>>337899230
>what about not having any fucking launcher in the first place dumb asshole?
Welcome to the real world bitchboy everything isn't going to be ideal. Steam is the only reason we don't have 90 different versions of fucking Uplay running
>>
>>337897490
tfw never owned a cell phone before
>>
>>337897490
Why are they even asking? They know just about everything, just through my ISP connecting me to them.
>>
>>337898025
>>tried to trademark DOTA in an underhanded move to one-up blizzard, without caring how much damage it would do to the mod community who made the game in the first place
What damage are you talking about? Because trademarking CS and TF sure hit the mod community like a train.
>>
>>337898589

>video memory: 4 gb

xD
>>
>>337898025
>>lied to the public about HL2 release date and then called the FBI on the guy who exposed them
The one thing you should do is never get caught.
>>tried to trademark DOTA in an underhanded move to one-up blizzard, without caring how much damage it would do to the mod community who made the game in the first place
It's amazing how everyone keep forgetting that Blizzard told icefrog to fuck off, while putting backwards as fuck terms of agreement for SC2 world editor. But papa blizzard is never wrong, am I right?
Steam is a necessary evil whether you like it or not.
>>
>>337899230
>half the server are running cancerous maps filled with toddler/furry/slav/russian/hackers, the other are valve and skial shit
Sounds like you are just a casual piece of shit that quickplay's.
>>
>>337898025
>tried to trademark DOTA in an underhanded move to one-up blizzard, without caring how much damage it would do to the mod community who made the game in the first place
Look buddy the rest of the shit you wrote we can sort of let slide because its extremely slanted views on events but it was blizzard who started the entire copyright fiasco because they were too full of themselves to take up the game when it was literally offered to them by the lead dev, after realizing their mistake they tried to copyright the name in a vain attempt to kill it off so they could muscle in on it.
Let's not forget the difference between the ToS of the dota custom games and SC2 mods.
>>
>>337899230
>For what, playing on godawful map that look like they come from the n64 era, kiddies mods and shitty skin?
Are you seriously bitching about people being able to easily mod? How old are you?
>>
>>337898443
The cancerous DRM that Steam provides does literally nothing against piracy, and everything against legitimate users who don't want to have to run a client in the background at all times just to play their games.
Admittedly now it's much better, Steam is much faster in its responses and lighter on the RAM than it was in the past, but it doesn't change the fact that it's still a mandatory annoyance.
>>
File: wallup-19556.jpg (338 KB, 1920x1112) Image search: [Google]
wallup-19556.jpg
338 KB, 1920x1112
>>337902969
I haven't had see it out until now, surprised, really.
>>
>>337903724
>had anyone see it until now
>>
>>337898580
I remember because I live in those times. It's called being a pirate.
>>
It took me a second to understand this thread. Then i realized steam asked for my phone number for two factor auth.
>>
>>337897490
>don't buy into the MUH PHONE meme
>get cards
>try to sell them on the market
>15 DAY HOLDING PERIOD
>RESOLVE THIS
>BY GIVING ME YOUR FUCKING PHONE NUMBER!!!

Fuck Valve
Fuck Steam
Fuck Gaben
Fuck video games
>>
>>337906663
this fat fuck knows how to get us.
He got me because of this stupid 15days before selling shit
>>
Why is this a problem again? It's not like gaben or his minions are going to call you in the middle of the night and interrupt your neet fantasies.
Ya'll are overreacting, as always.
>>
555-DARK-HOLME
>>
>>337907405
it's le evil marketing scheme
>>
>>337907691
FUCK YOU
>>
>>337907405
>Shit never gets hacked.
>It's JUST a phone number.
>Along with your billing address history, payment history, and of course email.
>>
>>337907853
Yeah, you are right. Dispite steam already having all your personal information, people freak out over a phone number.
>>
>>337898443
>A few weeks ago CdProjekt said they still getting mad dosh for tw3.
>IT'S PIRATES FAULT WE HAVE DRM!!!!!
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.