[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Good Games To 100%?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 7
File: delete.jpg (319 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
delete.jpg
319 KB, 1366x768
Sup /v/. I'm looking for some new addicting games to either 100% or have really challenging goals. It can be a good campaign on the highest difficulty, collecting all the armor/weapons, whatever it may be.

An example of a game like this that I enjoy is Terraria. The completion would be getting every weapon, armor, make a house of every material, essentially just have some of everything. I've looked on steam but nothing jumps out. I prefer free games but cheap works too, I'm kind of on a budget :/. Thank you in advance
>>
I'd say Progress Quest is your best bet
>>
File: WarBanners.png (59 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
WarBanners.png
59 KB, 700x500
>>337894769
DKC series, Metroid/Castlevania games, and Risk of Rain are all games I would recommend. DKC1/2/3/TF were all fun as fuck to 100%, Metroid and Castlevania games are built for 100%/200.6% stuff, and RoR is just there as an option for you if you like the gameplay and want to get all the classes and items.
Rev up those emulators.
>>
>>337896213
Dang I haven't used an emulator in ages. DKC brings me back to my childhood holy moly. Metroid I've never played but have heard good things about. You think there's a lot of emulated games that are good for this kind of genre? They (100%-type games) seem hard to find on steam, but maybe I'm judging them too quickly
>>
File: Flex.gif (183 KB, 500x456) Image search: [Google]
Flex.gif
183 KB, 500x456
>>337896405
Any SNES/GBA Metroid or Castlevania game will be easy as cake to emulate and play. Metroid Zero Mission + Fusion, and Castlevania CotM + AoS + HoD are all pretty fun games, both Metroids are great for 100%ing as getting a couple of items requires a lot of skill, and the Castlevania's have a lot of weapons and such to collect, but beware of RNG, farming, and getting good at boss rush if you plan to get /every/ weapon.

Oh yeah, Wario Land 3/4 are also pretty fun. Not as heavy on the "collect 1000 things" front, but they're pretty damn good platformers if you haven't played them.
>>
File: 1414628492694.jpg (2 MB, 2550x3300) Image search: [Google]
1414628492694.jpg
2 MB, 2550x3300
life
git to it
>>
lego star wars is fantastic, it's easy as fuck but it's really satisfying to 100%

some rougelites like Risk of Rain or Binding of Isaac are fun too.
>>
>>337897064

>playing Wario Land 4 while reading A Critical Analysis of Wario Land 4
shit it's such a fantastic game
>>
File: Critical Anal Dicking.jpg (31 KB, 195x252) Image search: [Google]
Critical Anal Dicking.jpg
31 KB, 195x252
>>337897368
Oh man.
Oh hoho.
Oh man.
That is a good book and a great game.
>>
File: IMG_1257.jpg (193 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1257.jpg
193 KB, 750x1334
>>337897506

i can't fucking BELIEVE the state of video game journalism after reading this book.
this book nails so perfectly how to look at a game, and judge it not by graphics story and sound but by its interactions and how those interactions feel. any vidya journalist should be forced to read this.
>>
File: WAH.jpg (15 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
WAH.jpg
15 KB, 384x384
>>337898019
>any vidya journalist should be forced to read this.
There would be no vidya journalists left because none of them would actually read it. But yeah, it's a fucking great book; even aspiring level/game designers should read it.
>>
I can remember the first viral threads and the public humiliation of the so called "blue" like it was yesterday. It wasn't a promising game, it was one of these "pay for alpha" spawned with minecraft. I remember anons reporting stolen assets to square enix.

And yet the guy behind this game worked his ass and the game is now a classic.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.