[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I never really totally grasped how scaling works... At +5
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 3044861-screenshot2016.jpg (27 KB, 640x332) Image search: [Google]
3044861-screenshot2016.jpg
27 KB, 640x332
So I never really totally grasped how scaling works...

At +5 the Lorian Greatsword has C/D/D/D scaling... so what would be ideal stats? Am I fine at just 40/40/10/9? Are higher Int/Fth necessary for decent damage? Is the 40 Dex even necessary?
>>
>>337894653
Having barely played the souls series, My understanding is that the corresponding stat on a C weapon is not as good as another weapon having a B in the same stat.
>>
The lower the grade,the shittier the scaling is.
>>
>>337894772
True and false, base damage can make it greater in some cases, but in most it doesn't. Also, boss weapons always have a little difference in movesets and some even have special passives that are really neat
>>
>>337894881
I get that... but where should I cap my stats based on the letter? Like... should I still go to 40 if the scaling is only D? Or should I stop at like 10?

Does each letter have its own 'ideal' stat cap? Like 10 for D, 20 for C, 30 for B, etc?
>>
>>337895012
Where you should cap the stats isn't based on the letter.
>>
just gunna link this, alot of steps involved to explain half the math. also differs slightly between games i think.

http://darksouls.wikia.com/wiki/Parameter_bonus

basically for that weapon, you want high strength and some dex int and faith. it gets complicated when you want to maximize the damage return.
>>
>>337895337
Would Lorian's Greatsword still work fine on a build with 40/40/10/9? Or is it going to be losing a lot of damage compared to like... 40/20/20/20?
>>
>>337895012
are you retarded?
>>
>>337895472
I'm just trying to understand how it works, anon. I've been playing these games since the beginning and still don't get the best way to optimize split scaling.

I know a weapon with, say, S in Str and D in Dex is best suited to a pure Strength build, but I also know when that same build puts points in Dex the AR goes up based on that D scaling. But nobody uses a 40/40 build for an S/D weapon. So where's the ideal stopping point for that Dex?
>>
The scaling letter is only a representation of a percentage-based bonus based on your stats. A scaling is 100%+ bonus for example. At which point each stat increase becomes less effective depends on which stat it is. STR/DEX at 40, and INT/FTH at 50. There is no "most effective stats" for a certain scaling, just put most points in the stat with best scaling.
>>
>>337895726
when you level, on the level up screen, you can see the damage you weapons doing and how much its going to increase after committing to the level up. when it stops going up quickly, you;ve reached the "soft cap" and when it stops going up at all, you've reached the cap.
>>
>>337895937
So I get that Strength for Lorian's Greatsword should definitely be 40... but I have a specific character with stats at 40/40/10/9 that I want to use that sword with. Basically I just want to know if I'd be better off staying at those stats, or respec'ing to something like 40/20/20/20.

>>337896034
But that only applies if I'm still leveling the character. The respec screen doesn't tell me anything about my AR, so I can't go on that.
>>
>>337895726
I would get 40 Strength, then start raising Dex and see how much the damage rises per level. If the damage gained isn't good enough to justify raising Dex over something else then stop.
>>
>>337896110
It doesn't tell you about your AR? God damn it, even DaS2 let you see how your AR changes when respeccing.
>>
>>337896110
Just stick with what you have, trying to fudge your stats with anything below C ranking is useless. Seeing as Dex supposedly affects attack speed and rolling (I don't fuck with stats enough to be able to tell), then keeping it higher is better.
In addition, there's no need to bump spell stats at D-rank if you aren't going to use them to cast spells.
>>
>>337896397
This is literally the exact kind of response I needed. Thank you.
>>
>>337894653
E scaling has an average multiplier of 13%
D = 37%
C = 62%
B = 87%
A = 119.5%
S = 170%

Your stats have a percentage multiplier as well.
10pts = 5%
20pts = 40%
30pts = 65%
40pts = 85%
99pts = 100%

The formula for determining weapon damage is:
Td = Bd + (Bd x Sc x St)

Td = total damage
Bd = weapon's base damage
Sc = scaling multiplier
St = stat multiplier

A weapon with 200 base damage and scaling of B/D/-/- and a character with stats 40/20/10/10 will have a total damage around 377.
200 + (200 x 0.87 x 0.85) + (200 x 0.37 x 0.4) = 377.5

The scaling numbers are just an average as the letters represent a range of multipliers. It is possible to have a high scaling C that's almost equal to a low scaling B.
>>
>>337895449
Depends on how the three D's scale. If all three are equal in their scaling then it will not matter what configuration you put your stats in. If the three D's are not equal (like dex having a slightly higher D multiplier than bothe int and fth) then you will have to experiment with raising and lowering stats to see how your total AR is effected.
>>
At +5 Lorian's GS has an AR of 420
with 40/40/10/10 stats we get:
276 + (276 x 0.62 x 0.85) + (276 x 0.37 x 0.85) + (144 + ((144 x 0.37 x 0.05) x 2))
simplifies to:
276 + 157 + 86 + 3 + 3 = 525
weapon skill buff adds 80 AR so
Total AR = 605 (roughly)

I think elemental magic scales with int and fth thats why I calculated it differently than str and dex. If that is true then you will get more out of your stat points by putting them in dex as it multiplies a higher base damage.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.