[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I restart the level ? because sometimes I don't get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 13
Btw fucking retarded Sega to add this stupid special stages, they are fucking horrible and garbage, fucking japanese retards
>>
Get gud OP.

Do you even know how fun these stages are?
Try playing Sonic 1 on a Sonic and Knuckles cart and get back to me.
>>
>>337894583
Nobody gets this shit the first time so just play the game more

On another note, this is exactly how developers padded out game length back then. You likely don't have anything better to do anyway so just keep doing it over and over again.
>>
>>337894583
Beat the game to unlock stage selection on Sonic 3. If you're using an emulator you can usually use save states though.
>>
>>337894813
I always hated Sonic because the fucking stupid special stages
Sonic 1 is stupid, Sonic 2 is the most stupid special stage design ever and Sonic 3 you have to get the fucking retarded blue spheres to get good ending and super sonic

What were they thinking? This kind of level design for special stage is beyond autism
>>
>>337894997
Yes but how do I reset the stage? do I have to lose a life to try again?
>>
I never met ANYONE in my entire life who had a genesis and said "Oh great let's go play the amazing special stages they are so much fun!"
>>
File: Sanic2.png (349 KB, 587x320) Image search: [Google]
Sanic2.png
349 KB, 587x320
>>337894583
>This post
I'm assuming you're playing S3/&K because of your picture. If you fuck up, you keep playing until you find the next bonus ring, which there are plenty of if you try looking hard enough. You can get about seven or so pretty easily that any kid and his mom could find just on accident alone, the rest are decently hidden.
The special stages for 3/K were the best of the classic special stages. 1's was boring, 2's was a step up but was still kinda easy until the last two stages, CD's are just annoying to fucking control but they're otherwise alright, 3/K had the best special stages that are actually fun.
tl;dr - Fuck up? Keep playing. Game Over? Restart. Don't be a pussy ass bitch.
>>
>>337895237
Blue Spheres is pretty fun, even as a standalone game.
>>
Honestly, I fucking hate the blue balls stages.
My favorite is still Sonic 1's. Fucking deal.
Sonic 2's is equally shit, and even more shit with tails.
Sonic CD is the absolute worst though. Holy shit what a train wreck.
>>
save state

its the only way

special stages are cancer

its better when you get the emeralds through the story
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4nUrb5BoC8
>>
>>337894583
First time playing Sonic 3? Dude c'mon when i was 7 i could do that no problem it's the easiest special stages of the classic games.
>>
>>337895569
Why they couldn't release a Pinball special stage? or something like sonic CD special stage? why did they have to make you collect stupid blue spheres with awkward controls?
>>
savestate

blue sphere was painful on the actual console, and still annoying even if you memorise the levels.
>>
>>337895156
You can't you fuck up you have to find another special Ring, i think theres at least 40 scatterd around the game
>>
>>337895812
>save state
>its the only way
Don't do this shit

it ruins video games, at that point why would you even want to play them if you don't want to learn from mistakes?
>>
>>337895812
>its better when you get the emeralds through the story

and how you do that? you can't

>>337895861
If I see this guy on the street I'll fuck punch him in the face for playing 24 hours of autism
>>
>>337896084
>you don't want to learn from mistakes?

WHAT ABOUT THE RETARDS THAT DESIGNED THE SPECIAL STAGES LEARN THE MISTAKE AND GET FIRED OR WORK FOR 5 YEARS FOR 2 MEALS A DAY!?
>>
>>337896084
because some designs of the 90s are archaic and simply arent fun anymore

wasting 100 hours to memorize everything isnt needed anymore since we can buy more games at a cheaper price.

>>337896113
i meant storywise. in the 3D sonic games, you get the emeralds through progression of the story
>>
If I was the Sega's CEO I'd fire EVERYONE that was part of the special stages but I'd make them release Sonic1,2,3 for free with proper special stages. Something actually nice that people might enjoy

And then I'd fucking make them walk naked on the streets of Tokyo with a sign on the forehead "I'm a retard"
>>
File: merlin_2846635b.jpg (88 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
merlin_2846635b.jpg
88 KB, 620x387
>>337896182
huh
>>
File: 1445760898010.png (9 KB, 507x401) Image search: [Google]
1445760898010.png
9 KB, 507x401
>>337896035
>likeing CD special stages
>>
>>337896321
>>337896182
just gid gud
>>
File: SRA_Special_Stage[1].jpg (29 KB, 256x384) Image search: [Google]
SRA_Special_Stage[1].jpg
29 KB, 256x384
This is the only fun special stages in the entire series
>>
also beat the game and you can get as many cracks at any special stage you want by playing mushroom hill act 1 if your playing S3&K
>>
>>337895035
You dont need the emeralds, it's a minigame. Don't do the stages sperg lord.
>>
File: 9 Out of 10 Doctors Suggest.png (65 KB, 245x200) Image search: [Google]
9 Out of 10 Doctors Suggest.png
65 KB, 245x200
>>337896035
3/K's special stages are just about muscle memory, input speed, and timing. They start of nice and easy, letting you get the hang of things, but then they get faster and speed up, presenting more pressure to not fuck up and giving you shorter windows (but not impossibly short windows).
The controls have always been tight, and if I fucked up it was because I hit right too early, or jumped too late, not because of inherently bad controls and design; it's literally just moving on a grid and hitting right/left/jump at the correct times. If you dislike the stages, you're probably just shit at the game; if you're shit at the game, you need to acquire skill. Stop being a baby and keep playing the game instead of crying on /v/ or leddit, the more you play the better you'll get and the more fun you'll have.
>>
>>337896652
>my le classic sonic gaem is the best haha there are zero flaws with it le git gud XD

Kill yourself autist, special stages are trash
>>
>>337896252
>wasting 100 hours to memorize everything isnt needed anymore since we can buy more games at a cheaper price.
But what happens when you refuse to get better at all of those too?

my point stands, savescumming will ruin ones enjoyment of a game.
>>
>>337895237
>he never inserted random cartridges into S&K to get new special stages to beat
Pleb
>>
>>337896454
It'a better than the autistic spheres
>>
>>337897029
Its a single player game from 20 years ago dude

no one cares if you use modern tools to assist you. games are way harder back then as a form of padding and to keep you playing. thats all it is. games are easier now but have way more content and production values and replay value.
>>
>>337896652
>muscle memory, input speed, and timing.

I stopped reading there
You come here in my house, suck my dick for 3 days and I will give you 20 bucks.

Then you go back to your shit life and write a proper answer next time
>>
>>337896889
I know that under all that memeing you're very capable of civil discourse. Just use your words for once, jesus
>>
File: Sanic3.png (66 KB, 200x176) Image search: [Google]
Sanic3.png
66 KB, 200x176
>>337896889
Not my fault S3&K is the best in the series. Besides, I can admit that the game has its flaws, no need to memetext because you can't argue properly.

I can see a lot of samefagging in this thread, you're clearly quite butthurt over special stages. Perhaps it is you who is in fact the autist; may I suggest a cup of stop being bad at vidya and a dose of stop having shit tastes?
>>
>>337897297
there are only 4 good levels in that turd combined. sonic 3 and sonic and knuckles suck ass you faggot. fuck, sonic adventure is better than it. now fuck off and play your shitty MUH CLASSICS ZOMG garbage and defending your trash special stage
>>
You need to be over 18 for this website, OP.
>>
how the fuck can you be bad at 3K's special stages
>>
>>337897185
>no one cares if you use modern tools to assist you.
>it's an old game dude
You're missing the point again. You can't play an entire game fraudulently and then complain that it wasn't good or wasn't enjoyable when you didn't even put in an ounce of effort to playing the thing.

If you loaded states over and over again on a math test, is it really a test? No, you have no skills to be tested of. Yeah newer games have the stuff you said, but that doesn't make older ones instantly worthless.
>>
>>337897634
>You can't play an entire game fraudulently and then complain that it wasn't good or wasn't enjoyable when you didn't even put in an ounce of effort to playing the thing.

I dont know, people seem to instantly do this when criticizing 3D sonic games, which are infinitely better than those god forsaken shit stain 2D games.
>>
>>337897769
>god forsaken shit stain 2D games
Oh okay, good to know where you stand on things.
>>
>>337897874
what are you implying fruitcake?
>>
File: Ice Cream.jpg (117 KB, 800x400) Image search: [Google]
Ice Cream.jpg
117 KB, 800x400
>>337897418
Alright, you've confirmed my suspicions: you're either A) underage b& that sucks at vidya and can't get good or B) baiting for them (You)'s. It's hard to say, honestly, but either way you're a faggot. Here's my last (You) for (You), shitter.
I'll see myself out and hope the thread dies quickly. Just keep on smiling.
>>
to the fag above me, you dont even deserve a final you, you fucking obese nostalgia autist. die of your heart attack soon and stop ridding this already shit series with shit opinions.
>>
>>337897995
You're bad at vidya games and refuse to acknowledge the usefulness of cognitive ability

Experienced people know how to react to something, so git gud you big gay crybaby. Then it won't be so bad.
>>
>>337895774
>play blue balls stage as sonic
>avoid the red balls
>play blue balls stage as knuckles
>avoid the blue balls
>the red balls still kill you

I was not trained to expect this game.
>>
>>337894583

It's called reloading your save state to right before you entered the special stage
>>
>>337896084
>if you don't want to learn from mistakes?

But you DO learn from mistakes still
All save states do is eliminate the time between making a mistake and trying again. It doesn't prevent you from making mistakes and learning from them, only making the process more efficient
>>
>>337898018
Sonic 3 is decent but Special levels in Sonic 1,2,3 and S&K is trash and the people who designed them should be fired
>>
>>337898337
nah.its more like i grew up playing good platformers on the snes like mario and dkc. sonic wasnt worth shit till he went 3D. the best 2d games are advance 2 and rush, nintendo only. and the best sonic game is tied between adventure 2, heroes, and unleashed. i would add generations but that little fat shitstain is back with more shit levels and for whatever reason, they made new sonic mostly 2D. shit game. theres a reason nintendo makes consoles still
>>
>>337898652
>All save states do is eliminate the time between making a mistake and trying again.
thus eliminating the penalty for not knowing

eliminating penalty = cheating

you can't obscure facts with me around
>>
>>337898757
>nah.its more like i grew up playing good platformers on the snes like mario and dkc. sonic wasnt worth shit till he went 3D.
> i would add generations but that little fat shitstain is back with more shit levels and for whatever reason, they made new sonic mostly 2D. shit game
so fucking mad
>>
>>337898806

The penalty is the fact you have to do it again at all, period. There is still a penalty for failing. The only way to not get a penalty is to do it correctly, and that comes from learning from mistakes which still happens regardless of if you use save states or not
>>
>>337899010
mad? for having a differing opinion of yours on what good sonic is? you sonic fans are autistic but this is a new level.
>>
>>337899369
>you sonic fans are autistic
>trying to disassociate himself despite liking the series too
>dodges all of my questions
You're not even good at this

You admitted to hating Generations for bringing Classic Sonic back, that just shows how bad you are. Getting triggered by pot-bellied Sonic, what a fag
>>
>>337899369
There are so many autistic people here that they will go as far as to say Blue Sphere stages are 10/10 and the Blue Sphere game is the best platformer ever made
>>
File: 1451883752215.jpg (73 KB, 780x453) Image search: [Google]
1451883752215.jpg
73 KB, 780x453
>>337894583

stay mad lil nigga
>>
>>337895774

Sonic CD's is nowhere near as bad as Sonic 2's anon holy shit what is wrong with you
>>
File: 1458111153432.gif (79 KB, 338x370) Image search: [Google]
1458111153432.gif
79 KB, 338x370
>>337899924
git gud bitch
>>
>>337899868
i wouldnt say i like the series. i enjoyed what i played, that is most of the 3d games, but to be a fan you apparently have to build a shrine and pray to the genesis games and never insult them because theyre perfect. when theyre literally dogshit. i thought generations sucked because yeah, old sonic and his levels suck ass, but they had the nerve to go and make new sonic mostly 2D to. why couldnt it be mainly 3D like sonic unleashed was? wasnt the point of sonic generations to show different eras of sonic? it was just a disappointing game all in all. lost world was solid because it tried to copy mario, but the last sonic i really enjoyed was unleashed because it captured sonic doing his thing: going fucking FAST. its the only game in the series that understands what sonic is. barely any shitty platforming forced on you, just incredible rollercoasters with amazing flow.

>>337899924
I dont think anyone here is caling the special stages a platformer. just calling them like the shit they are
>>
File: 1375608095936.jpg (53 KB, 502x446) Image search: [Google]
1375608095936.jpg
53 KB, 502x446
You fuckers know it in your heart. Sonic Heroes was the only Sonic game with good special stages bar perhaps Sonic 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wYfZnSilk0

Say what you will about the main game but the special stages were fucking great.
>>
If you cant get the Chaos emeralds on your own you don't deserve Super Sonic.

Get the ending you deserve.
>>
>>337896652
In the entirety of Sonic 3 & Knuckles there's only about 3 points in the blue spheres minigames that actually require a semblance of skill. Anyone complaining about difficulty should probably invest in a different medium.
>>
What IS the special stage anyway?
>>
>>337900490
I can't even beat Sonic 1.
>>
>>337900858

What part are you stuck on?
>>
>>337900181
>but to be a fan you apparently have to build a shrine and pray to the genesis games and never insult them because theyre perfect
So people who like the Genesis games are fanboys are you aren't? You made it pretty obvious that you like the 3D games exclusively

You think the old games are shit because you keep trying to go fast instead of carefully advance across the terrain. Dumping on you for complaining about 2D sections returning and saying that Lost World is only good for "copying Mario" would be fair game

you're likely 12 anyway
>>
>>337900980
I usually die by the 2 stage if I get impatient.
Usually around 3rd and 4th.
>>
>>337900181
>his favorite Sonic game is Unleashed
> its the only game in the series that understands what sonic is
>they turned him into a brawling werehog for half of the game
>he hates the older games
real proud to show off that bad taste
>>
>>337901024
yeah im 12 even though i grew up with a snes in the 90s. youre fucking retarded. the only thing sonic has going for him is speed, graphics, setpieces, and music. lost world has a lot of 2D and a shitty story and is slower but it feels like a weird fusion of mario and sonic. even the music and graphics are more familiar to mario. why would you slowly carefully move inch by inch on the ground in a fucking sonic game when these games are constantly praised for their high speed? fuck that.
>>
>>337901257
dont kid yourself. those day levels are the best sonic levels in the entire franchise by a country mile. like, its not even close how advanced, fun, and fast they are. yeah the werewolf, hes there too. its a total contrast i get that, its the weaker half. but to tell the truth, id rather play that since its like a 3D platformer with collecthon elements from n64 platformers than those god forsaken 90s sonic games. also the egg dragoon is one of the best bosses of all time. you can really feel the rivalry and hate that eggman and sonic have during that drop in the shaft. and its one of the comfiest games of all times thanks to those beautiful hubs, the game being based on real locations, the gorgeous lighting at night, and the appropriate music for each country. its a phenomenal game through and through and offers a lot of content and creativity. this is the only sonic i still play to this day. i doubt they're ever topping this one but they seem to do anniversary games ever 5 years, so maybe this year might have a surprise?
>>
>using saves is cheating
this isn't even an argument, sonic has level select and i've seen speedrunners use that when they fuck up and have to restart quickly, and sonic 3 has saves so you could at the least kill the power and go from level start on actual console.

thats like saying taking the master key or doing pinwheel early in DaS is cheating because you have more than the average person (knowing full well low level ish darkwraiths mostly have bottomless box tricked +15 swords.)

that and its a single player console game, why do you care how they play it?
>>
File: 1399286834666.png (118 KB, 900x1189) Image search: [Google]
1399286834666.png
118 KB, 900x1189
>>337894583
Blue Spheres is fun, you cucklord. Also git gud instead of whining like a little bitch on an anonymous Chinese cartoon website.
>>
>>337896182
>This retard probably came straight to /v/ from the carnival night zone barrel
>>
>>337901064

Dont get impatient. 2 is the slowest stage.

Labyrinth Zone is a hurdle for a lot of people. Especially the boss. Definitely make sure you have tons of rings and are always aware where the next source of oxygen is.
>>
>>337901809
talking about savestates you retarded nigger

also nobody was talking about speedrunners until you brought them up
>>
>>337896652
>muscle memory
That's S2 special stages senpai.
No S3/K stage is so extreme that you need muscle memory.
>>
>>337894583
If you don't have all 7 emeralds by the end of Hydrocity act 2 you might as well just kill yourself
>>
>>337902096
what do you think I was talking about, you cunt sucking anus bleach.
>>
Rush's special stages were pretty good.
>>
>>337902281
>why do you care how they play it?
If faggots don't play it right, they have no grounds to say it sucks when they make it to the end

if you could read and had half a brain you wouldn't have my 12 inch shitstacks sliding down your gullet, now would you? keep swallowing shit
>>
File: 1462300303891.png (105 KB, 500x701) Image search: [Google]
1462300303891.png
105 KB, 500x701
>>337900183
Here's your (you) (you)'ve been craving so fucking much, hope you OD you retard.
>>
>>337900183
They would have been if they didn't control like shit. Generations 3DS special stages have the same concept but actually control well.
>>
>>337898501
You should have see that comming... I mean, there are no yellow ball for plant fucker
>>
>>337902650
morons who never played it in the 90s shouldn't be saying things about an old game anyway, and to those who did none of this matters.

I was never replying to one person specifically at first by the way, maybe you should fuck off to tumblr where they have safe space parties for your feelings.
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.