[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So we can all agree it was extremely dissapointing, if not downright
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 22
File: uncharted 4.jpg (286 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
uncharted 4.jpg
286 KB, 1024x576
So we can all agree it was extremely dissapointing, if not downright bad, right?
>>
No.
>>
bootiful gaem
>>
>>337883773

It was pretty dissapointing, I also felt it was over too quickly. Not terrible, but definitely not the mastepiece that critics are claiming.

This game isnt a 10/10, what little trust I had in GS reviews (some of it restored after having petit fired) has crumbled to dust, first mgsv but this one was the last straw
>>
>>337883773
no
>>
no

it was at least as good as 2, maybe better
>>
>>337884140

Good fucking joke.

Not even close to 2. I cant decide if 3 is more boring than this one, but they duke it out.
>>
File: 1462308141887.jpg (139 KB, 1023x682) Image search: [Google]
1462308141887.jpg
139 KB, 1023x682
I haven't finished it yet, but so far it's the only other game in the series aside from 2 that I've liked.
>>
Best uncharted to date.
We finally have a uncharted where the story is actually worth a damn, and you guys complain?
Also first uncharted that doesnt rely on set.pieces to be the main course.
>>
>>337884395
>a uncharted where the story is actually worth a damn
Shit man I hope you aren't for real. I mean the plot in this one is just as wafer thin as the other three
>>
>no supernatural elements because MUH SRS DRUCKMANN REALISM

fuck off
>>
>>337884492

Liking a story can be subjectiv, but you cant tell me that the script of U4 doesnt shit on the rest of the series.
>>
Honestly Naughty Dog hasn't made a good game since Crash Team Racing.
>>
>>337883773
Pretty bored of it so far, almost to the end since I can't stand to play more than 2-3 hours at a time.
>>
>>337883773
gunplay and graphics are great, best Uncharted has ever been.

Everything else was kind of boring.
>>
Worst Uncharted after Drake's Fortune tbqh. 3 may have had a lot of flaws too, but at least it had way better pacing than 4. I feel like they tried to turn 4 into a Last of Us type experience and it just didn't work.

They need to get rid of Druckmann, the guy is a pretentious hack who doesn't even seem to like video games.
>>
>>337884704
jak 2 is a masterpiece, stfu
>>
>>337884395

This is a fucking VIDEO GAME.

The story is relative (imo its bad, seriously a pirate treasure doesnt beat a fucking lost city of legends)

It has the worst gameplay, the worst platforming, which is literally kid mode (you cant die unless you WANT TO) the least amount of enemies and yeah, not enough set pieces (which fuck you, they were great in UC2)

I would have liked the game if it weren't piss easy. As it stands, 90% of the game is just a walking simulator (wont even say jumping because as I've stated, you cant die on the platforming unless you want to)
>>
>>337884395
DRAKE NO !
>>
>>337884501
>>337884858

I really liked the supernatural shit from the previous game, was pretty dissapointing to see that this one didnt had any.

Also, nadine, talk about unconsistent characters, she is the leader of a band of mercenaries who literally exploit civil wars across africa and in the end she cant bring herself to execute the fucker who just betrayed her and the other 2 fuckers who are responsible for the deaths of 95% of her army?

And where did she went off to? She literally just dissapeared, like a shitty deus ex machina
>>
Uncharted Games in best to worst
According to /v/ ?

Most people I guess will say:
2>4>3>1?

For me 4>3>2>1
>>
>>337884884
I don't understand how it has the worst gameplay. The guns felt horrible in every other Uncharted except for this.
>>
It's a technical marvel and easily one of the most beautiful games I've played. I liked the opened up linearity--made the locales feel expansive, like you could actually explore. The updated combat is extremely satisfying, though I was pissed at being unable to return thrown grenades. The small touches to climbing and traversal make huge differences.

The problems: the game does nothing interesting with these new mechanics. The setpieces are pretty much nonexistent. Sam is a dull, contrived character to set into motion a series of events which, thematically, could have been served by a better plot. The Last of Influences outside of combat are awful. Why should I have to press triangle to prompt dialogue in a series that always had the characters chatting away with each other? The pacing is all over the place.

I returned my copy before finishing the game because I realized I didn't feel justified spending 60 bucks on this. I'll pick it up down the road to finish it, but it wasn't even worth the occasional repeats Uncharted 3 had with its better setpieces. The game feels like a tech demo for ND to show off what it can do on the PS4. I hope their name game has more 'game' to it.

It's still a great achievement. The graphics are fucking mindblowing in some parts.
>>
>>337884795

>Gunplay is great

Sure, but its a shame theres barely any of it.
>>
>>337884501
but anon, Uncharted hasnt had ANY supernateral elements in it.
>>
>>
>>337885046

2>3>4>1
>>
I seriously don't see how anybody who's a fan of Uncharted could be disappointed with it.
It's not like Uncharted has ever had fantastic writing.

So it replaces the weird shit, which sucks, but at least the main villain actually has a reason to hate Drake apart from wanting money or power.
>>
>>337885114
so it's actually a movie game now?
>>
>you will never live a comfortable yet meaningless existence and exchange sitcom banter with your waifu
why live
>>
>>337885060

Didnt you just read what I said?

The platforming is shit, Its literally just press X, dont bother about timing/aiming jumps or moving fast. It's pretty much automatic

And this is the uncharted with less gunplay in the whole series, so most of its gameplay relies on platforming.

Also, the guns feel identical to previous entries, I dont know what you mean.
>>
File: Jak&Daxter laugh.gif (917 KB, 308x246) Image search: [Google]
Jak&Daxter laugh.gif
917 KB, 308x246
>>337884704
>there are people who actually believe this
>>
>>337884869
I'm literally playing Jak II right now and it's 90% overworld navigation padding and 10% mediocre TPS that is noticeably inferior to R&C.
>>
>>337883773
no
>>
>>337883773
No
It's the fourth (or fifth if you include Golden Abyss) game in a series and successfully delivers more of it.
But maybe I'm just a sucker for mega happy endings.

>>337885046
2>3>4>Golden Abyss>1

That first game was such a fucking chore at times.
>>
>>337885281

Pretty much.

Theres a level which is literally a walk through the museum. No enemies or anything, its just you and your brother walking around a mansion/museum examining items.

You dont meet the heavy, armored brutes until about 2 hours from beating the game, whereas in UC2 you'd meet them like 1 hour in.
>>
>>337885290
>Elena urges him to take an adventurous but illegal job
>Nate refuses because they've left that life behind
>ditches Elena when an adventure happens because he's afraid she'd be mad
This bugged the shit out of me.
>>
I wish you had to complete the game to unlock photo mode, it's way too addicting
>>
File: 1457253306748.png (254 KB, 1332x661) Image search: [Google]
1457253306748.png
254 KB, 1332x661
>>337885295
The game makes a huge fucking point of sliding and forcing you to jump at a certain point or dying.

Uncharted as a franchise has rarely, if ever, had tough platforming, especially when everything you can climb is always fucking yellow.

Quit being so fucking negative for the sake of being negative.
>>
>>337885379
>90% overworld navigation
the fuck are you talking about? you spend maybe 20% of the time in the overworld just getting to your next objective, the rest is in levels
>>
Pro's:
>open level design
>better, slicker gameplay than previous uncharted games
>ending was nice
>good looking visuals

Cons:
>not enough combat and it wasn't paced well
>games overall quality felt inconsistent
>music was both less interesting and less memorable than the other games
>the writing was good, if not better than the previous games, but I feel they failed to ever do anything very interesting with the story
>the multiplayer is both less fun than previous entries, and seriously lacking in terms of content

6.5/10
>>
They removed the Uncharted theme song from the title screen and replaced it with dead silence.

Was this due to copyright issues or is it because someone at ND's a colossal fucking faggot?
>>
>>337883773
No. It's a good game, just not a great one.
3 > 2 >>> 4 >>>>>>>>> 1
>>
This is the first Uncharted game where I've really enjoyed the shooting desu
>>
Maybe it's because I've always played on Hard throughout the whole franchise, but I've always really liked how risky and dangerous combat can feel in the series.

I've got no idea why people don't like the combat in this game.

>>337885817
Holy shit, you're right. Why the fuck would they do that?
>>
I feel like the people who dont care for the Uncharted games, play them expecting a different type of game.
Uncharted is not an over the top action shooter, its an adventure game first and for most, with some gun segments thrown in.
if you go in wanting to just shoot everything, then you will be disappointing, but if you go in expecting to go on an adventure with the mc then you will enjoy it.
>>
>>337885817
It plays during the intro credits after the first chapter.
>>
>>337885817
They tried for "ominous," but landed on "lifeless."
>>
I hate how everyone turned on Sam at the end like what the fuck was that, Nathan should be thanking his brother for uncucking him from his boring ass life and uppity bitch wife, Nate was even excited and enjoying himself and he was clearly itching for adventure long before he showed up then right at the end, bam, every decides to take the normal high ground and turn into insufferable beta faggots.

Sam is the best character in this game, period, the only one with a set of balls who isnt pussy whipped chained up like a beta cuckhold
>>
Anybody else have problem with the multiplayer. Some times the gun doens't shoot and some cover spot doesn't shoot.
>>
>>337885817
>Was this due to copyright issues
No, it plays later on. I'm assuming they were going for something 'artsy'
>>
>>337885928
Maybe it would be good if the action adventure part didn't consist of mindless puzzles, press x to platform segments, and walking while talking to character segments
>>
>tfw had a genuine smile on my face on the entire A Normal Life chapter

I really enjoyed that part, the toy gun section in the attic, the banter between nate and elena, the crash bandicoot easter egg, it was pretty great
>>
>>337886020
>uppity bitch wife, Nate was even excited and enjoying himself and he was clearly itching for adventure
Did you not play the game?

She was trying to get him to go and the big illegal salvage adventure but he refused, and had cut ties with Sully.
Why he rejected his old life so hard when she seemed so fine with it was a notable fuckup by the writers.
>>
There was a few things I didn't like, but overall I really enjoyed it.

2>4>1>3

Pro's
> Larger combat areas with multiple ways to do stuff
> Driving, and large explorable areas
> Actually spent a decent amount of time in Libatalia and got some backstory on what happened there.
> The Rope, Slide and Piton made climbing more interesting, also played into combat sections, which was great.
> Fantastic character writing.
> Multiplayer is fun and much better than 3 (2 still best though)

Cons
> Pacing too slow at the beginning
> Sam is a great character, but his introduction retcons/lessens the impact of some stuff from older games. Made worse by the fact that a few simple changes would have aliviavated this.
> No supernatural element (although to be fair, I only want it for consistency, the story they told was perfectly fine)
> no Doughnut Drake despite several jokes about his weight in the game.
>>
>>337885942

I don't care. When I boot up Uncharted, I want those god damn trumpets and horns blaring triumphantly out my speakers as 'Uncharted 4' appears boldly across the screen.

Instead I got a dead fucking pirate. I should have known right then that this game's head was lodged up its ass. The pacing (and non-stop walking) is worse than Uncharted 3. Still a good game, though.
>>
>>337886248
well see, you are wrong, because thats not the action bits in action adventure

>press x to platform segments
like every platformer ever
>>
>>337886351
well also to be fair, the Uncharted logo isnt there ether
>>
They climbing spike thing was so pointless and lame.
>>
>>337886503

Oh shit. You're right. Now I'm even saltier.
>>
>tfw finally unlock hero weapon parts
>>
>>337885064

I wasnt blown away by the graphics desu, I was expecting a bit more. UC2 surprised me much more.

>>337885247

Its not only the writing, the gameplay is simply bad and locations are boring. Pacing is also a mess.

>>337885295

pretty much this.

>>337885431

I'd say it would be 2>1>3/4. Never played golden abyss. Rating 1 higher than 3 and 4 because it was the first game in the series and ND didnt had much experience with these types of games, also it was pretty technically impressive and a good revival on the whole "treasure hunter" trope
>>
>>337886554

That could have actually spiced platforming a lot. Thats the type of manual controls that can fix this fucking auto platforming thing
>>
>>337886317
Yeah shes cool in the beginning then dose a complete fucking 180, even after realizing the situation Nate was put in, all she wants to do in the end is cuddle in a bed with nate and hold him back from his treasure endeavors.

Nate is getting cucked and his brother is literally saving him
>>
>>337886347

> Driving, and large explorable areas

Please tell me why the fuck are some people hailing this thing?

Theres literally NOTHING to do in these areas, its MGSV all over again, a literally EMPTY world, maybe theres a treasure hidden a bit off from the main route but other than that 90% of that "explorable" world is completely empty.

JHC are there actually autist who like to EXPLORE VIRTUAL WORLDS? Like literally just WALKING through virtual areas with no sidequests or anything?
>>
>>337886806
You mean in the middle, when she finds out Nate's been lying to her for weeks (and since they've met, kinda)?

Or the end, when Nate gladly goes back to his boring job and Elena turns it into a lucrative, legal adventuring business of some kind, just because it's what makes him happy?
>>
>>337886421

Except the good old platformers where you actually had to time your jumps or die?

The closest this game gets to this is the sliding parts.

>>337886806

My nigga did you see the wall at the epilogue? They had a fuckload of adventures.
>>
How can they go downhill after 2. Fucking morons. Game sucks. 2 shits all over it
>>
>>337886872
>its MGSV all over again,

Oh hell no you did not just compare MGSV's baron and empty as fuck flat and horizonal pathetic open world to the one in Uncharted 4 right now.

Tell me you didn't just do that.

It also doesn't matter if there's ''''things''' to find in the world even if it was filled with collectibles which it is, all open-ended games are like this, there doesn't need to be anything in the areas other then pure level to justify paths not being a literal corridor
>>
>>337885928
Nigga did you PLAY uncharted 2?
>>
>>337887117
>Except the good old platformers where you actually had to time your jumps or die?
and can you name the platformers where you have to time your jumps or die?
>>
>>337887239
yes I did, i still stand by my post
because for every action moment there was also a moment of just exploring the environment or solving a puzzle
>>
the pacing felt completely fucked, more so than 3.
>>
Uncharted 4 is one of the rare games worth the $60 price tag.
>>
File: CioQoNBWwAAyNoi.jpg (165 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
CioQoNBWwAAyNoi.jpg
165 KB, 1920x1080
too buggy
>>
>>337887173

Yes I fucking did, its exactly the same as the open world from UC4

Also I said OPEN WORLD you dipshit, not the actual linear levels design (multiple paths on a linear level dont make it open world).

The open world as in the one from the madagascar level.

And all open ended games are like that but the difference is that they have stuff to do in these places, they aren't there to just "explore" as in "just walk through them"
>>
>>337887283

Prince of persia and tomb raider (old tr). I also remember having some more issues with UC1 and UC2 platforming.

The thing is: They barely make 3d platformers like that anymore, all they do nowadays is press x to platform.
>>
No I really enjoyed it.

I mean ugh muh Plainscrape Tournament ugh Mocarina of Time pass on this.
>>
it's my first Uncharted but I really loved it desu

few of the cutscenes were a bit corny but I thought the characterization was pretty well done regardless
>>
File: 1425694468018.jpg (232 KB, 887x900) Image search: [Google]
1425694468018.jpg
232 KB, 887x900
It didn't lack the punch of 1 or 3 but wasn't as concise as 2.

The levels often felt like 80% climbing/puzzle solving and 15% combat when it should have been a much more even split.
>>
>>337888168
unless you were being timed or had to race the level itself, no platformer had timed platforming
>>
>best combat in the series
>has less combat than all the other games
why
>>
>>337888310
This is something we should congratulating the developers on.

Dumbass. If you want more combat, play Gears of Wear
>>
>>337888057
Uncharted 4 was not open world, the madargascar level was a driving segment, you can't exactly pull off the verticality and the 4 dimensional platforming in later levels like Libetarlia anyway.

even then the Madargasca level was extremely long, you need to take into acount the market place, the clock tower and the long ass action sequence it has at the end. That's now linear nor is it open world, its straight up good level design
>>
>>337888548
I like platforming. I like puzzle solving. Both of these are integral components of Uncharted. I get that. But there's more to it than JUST those, and judging by >>337888459
I know I'm not alone in recognizing that there's far less than the acceptable amount of combat in this game.
>>
>>337888272

"I really dont understand why all the hardcore fans of the series hate this particular entry...its the only one I've played and I love it!"

You just answered your own question. Try to get the nathan drake collection for PS4 and play the previous ones, UC2 is hands down the best and you shall perfectly understand why some people are saying 4 was dissapointing
>>
>>337888429

I dont think you understand what "timing jumps" means.

It means...timing your jumps, like, actually calculating the timing you need to take between jumps. It was very common in old school platformers.
>>
>>337888429
this is false

usually platforming games require if not precise timing, at least good positioning and jump manual control of the character

uncharted doesn't have any of that, and it's objective.
Drake is literally a magnet, the game grabs on ledges for you, literally can't die unless you face a cliff without nothing and jump
>>
>>337888768
I was just stating my opinion
>>
>>337888548

I'll congratulate them if they can make platforming a challenge.

Because if it isnt, and theres barely any combat, then the game is mostly a walking simulator.
>>
>>337888895
well your opinion is wrong because it doesnt match with my opinion
>>
>>337883773
No way that was a great movie.
>>
>>337888975
haha your meme is funny bro
>>
>>337888950
i'll beat the living fuck out of you
>>
>>337888857

>literally can't die unless you face a cliff without nothing and jump

Not even that m8, the game will NOT let you jump off a ledge if there isnt other one next to jump to.

Also you remind me of the time I was playing rise of the tomb raider for the first time and the fucking "PRESS SHIFT TO SPRINT, SPRINTING DOES NOT AFFECTS JUMPING DISTANCE" came up

>fucking triggered
>>
>>337889082
what ever man, ill fuck your mom
>>
>>337888548
not when the puzzles are retardedly easy and not when the platforming holds 0 challenge and is about as on rails as you can get. even worse when paired in the open environments that have very little in them and almost 0 reason to actually explore. the combat sections are the only point where you actually have some options and leeway, but they limit them so heavily that even those dont feel that satisfying.
>>
>>337889641
the poor enemy variety doesn't help either
seriously action sequence are the best of the game and even those are boring as fuck because there's two enemy types
>>
File: U4.jpg (1014 KB, 2214x2086) Image search: [Google]
U4.jpg
1014 KB, 2214x2086
I don't know about you guys but Uncharted 4 screenshots makes excellent wallpapers
>>
>>337889892
maybe if you're 13 lmao
>>
>>337889892
Post the pics kinsman
>>
>>337890124
this is the one i used mane
>>
U4 has the best, most satisfying combat I have ever played in any third person shooter. Playing on crushing, you have to constantly be running around losing enemies and flanking them, throwing bombs, pulling people off cliffs, rolling to cover and climbing away. You feel like a one man army, but it still manages to make it look realistic. Graphically it looks and feels like a movie as you play it, even during combat.

U4 > U2 > U3 > > U1

U2 was my favorite game of all time until this came out.

>>337883773
falseflag
>>
>>337890237
Thanks amigo
>>
>>337890265
I can't believe people like this exist

U2 your favorite game of all time? and now 4?
How many fucking videogames have you played, 10?
>>
>>337885290
Drake kidnaps and fucks a different girl every time and forces her to change her name to Elena
>>
>>337883773
We can, provided by "we" you mean "everyone who hasn't played the game.
>>
>>337890401
so what's your favorite game
>>
>>337884884
>A pirate treasure

Maybe you should play more than the first fifteen minutes. They're looking for a hell of a lot more than a pirate treasure.
>>
>>337890529
Too many to list. You know, it's actually hard choosing a definite favorite when you have played more than 10 games
>>
>>337890645

It's literally just a pirate treasure. The amount is irrelevant.

The point here is that they're looking for MONEY whereas the previous games have them looking for actual artifacts and lost cities

>inb4 libertalia is a lost city

It was extremely small, just a look at a small trade district, a treasury and some manors.

Not as awe inspiring as the sand nigger's hidden city at least.
>>
>>337883773
While I enjoy, to a point, how the saga is wrapped up, it's one of the weakest titles as far as mechanics and set pieces.
>>
File: 1460638276978.jpg (94 KB, 700x447) Image search: [Google]
1460638276978.jpg
94 KB, 700x447
Multiplayer is fucking shit

>That grenade system

Holy fuck how could they mess it up so bad?
>>
>>337887173
>It also doesn't matter if there's ''''things''' to find in the world
w e w
>>
>>337891354
How much would $400 million in 1690 be worth today anyways?
>>
why does nathan drake still use a flip phone in 2016
>>
>>337891826
Probably doesn't get broken as easily.
>>
>>337885295
I thought the gunplay in 4 was much better, if only because you actually have some space to maneuver and the guns feel much more satisfying to me. I like the other games, but all of them have the problem where most of the gameplay limited to rolling around to the next cover spot, shoot, rinse and repeat. 4 at least fixes that a little, and it just feels much less cramped of a playground than the other games
>>
>>337891242
Maybe he just really enjoys adventure games? From that genre you could pick a lot worse than Uncharted 2 and 4
>>
>>337883773
Didn't like the stealth emphasis. You could go balls out but the lack of reliable cover and swarms of enemies made full combat a bitch.

Story was fine. Not my choice for an ending but it wasn't terrible. I really appreciated the lack of wacky paranormal garbage this time.

The biggest issue I hadwas dull downtime. Both kid sections were long and boring. The epilogue was pretty meh too. Wandering as Nate was ok but the game was 70% exploration and I just wanted to get to the action.

That truck sequence was fantastic though. Top 3 moment of all time for me and I've been gaming 28 years.
>>
>>337891354
the size didnt bother me since I liked exploring it regardless.

To me it really felt the story was gonna do more than it did. Granted, I didnt expect the game to have the outcome it did, but it really felt...underwhelming.

like im sure it was originally set up that Sam's more of a traitorous dick, Sully dies, and the drug lord becomes an actual part of the game (and the treasure was probably haunted too), and while all of that wouldve been predictable, I wouldnt have minded.
Now, it just feels like they ended it to leave the door open for some shitty sequel Sony will inevitably want to make. and because of that, it just makes the whole game feel really pointless.

I enjoyed the game alot, like, immensely, but the story just screws up any good the gameplay delivers and the visuals

also I feel like too much of the visuals are derived from the Last of Us, mostly when you get to Libertalia. i mean, its an old city, but come on
>>
>>337885591
Because he lied to her.
Women operate mostly on feelings.
Even though he's survived huge immortal apemen ,collapsing cities, super soldiers, nazi gollums and the like, she still reacts purely on feeling and not logically.
It's a fairly good portrayal of a woman.
>>
>>337892571
>men don't have care if women lie to them
lmao what a cuck
>>
Any find Elena incredibly hot in the game because she looks too damn real?
>>
File: 09789353897.jpg (30 KB, 503x434) Image search: [Google]
09789353897.jpg
30 KB, 503x434
Pretty much, I liked the combat the game has but it doesn't have enough of it, I enjoyed some lines but Nate feels like the writers couldn't decide if he was too old for adventuring or the same guy I liked for the past few games and Sam just feels like a blander version of him so they don't have the chemistry that Chloe, Elena and Sully gave to Drake
Plus there isn't a set piece that comes close to 2's Train sequence
So overall, it's a good game but compared to 2, it's a disappointment
>>
>>337894252
the best set piece in U2 wasn't even the train, it was the convoy
>>
File: nathan drake.jpg (63 KB, 683x720) Image search: [Google]
nathan drake.jpg
63 KB, 683x720
Shoreline, more like Deadline. Get it? Cause I killed them all.

Here all week.

South African murder simulator was good, nowhere like two, but good nonetheless.
>>
>>337883773
No
Its the only Uncharted i finished in one sitting and the only one i wanted to play again right after it. Its fun, not having something supernatural for a change is breaking a pattern and this time around i cared about the characters. It had alot of little things like Sam stealing Sullys 'Well, Well, Well' Joke and some of the open areas are fun to explore. Haven't play Multiplayer until now... how is it?
>>
It is fun
>>
It's great - definitely better than 1 & 3.
But it lacks any creativity or spice that Uncharted 2 had.
>>
I like the swordfight with Rafe, even though the actual mechanics during gameplay are barebones. He was a fairly phoned in as a villian for most of the game but his final scene does give his character a moment to shine. You get the impression throughout the duel that he wants Nate to give it his all so he can have his triumphant moment of killing a legend all by himself.

It's a shame they threw in the "you're nothing" and "you're just a sad little boy with delusions of grandeur" lines because they muddy up his motivation for killing Drake. I wish they didn't play up the "he's a crazy rich psychopath" angle because it's played out. Rafe being a rich boy who what's to eschew power and privilege to make a name for himself would have been far more compelling, but what can you expect from a hack like Druckmann? Aside from Marlene, the guy can't write a sympathetic villain to save his life.
>>
I binged both 2 & 3 a few years back and I can't for the life of me understand why 2 is supposedly this masterpiece.

AmI forgetting something?
>>
>>337895741
it was totally groundbreaking for its time and it is still a very fun game. I dont understand the people who pretend 2 is better than 4 though. 4 can never be as groundbreaking as 2 simply because 2 exists, but it does take everything 2 did well and expands/improves on it
>>
>>337885127
Play uncharted 3 ya dingus
>>
>>337895609
I fucking HATED that part, but I was playing on Hard mode. Still that fucking ending is super crappy and unneeded.
>>
File: shrugs.jpg (133 KB, 600x857) Image search: [Google]
shrugs.jpg
133 KB, 600x857
>/v/ wouldn't hate Uncharted so much if Naughty Dog weren't partnered with Sony
>>
File: E2.jpg (259 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
E2.jpg
259 KB, 1920x1080
>>337883773
All the work went into the detail
>>
>>337898392

I want to fuck Cassie
>>
>>337898449
Thats Elena
>>
>>337883773
No
>>
>>337898536

that doesn't change what I said
>>
>>337886347
>>337885685
Basically these. I was honestly really surprised how backwards the game went in some areas. The lack of gunfights was disappointing as there were some fun ones in there, and there were barely any setpieces at all (with the car chase pretty much the only notable one, though the burning ship was cool if short).

The story was also a waste, and I really feel the stakes could have been higher. Like in all the advertising they tried to push the "darker" part, but it's no different to the other games and can't commit to anything. They should have killed off someone like Sully (he should have died in 3 anyway) or maybe brought Chloe back.

Rafe was wasted too. The final act should have been something like Rafe goes crazy and kills Marlene, Chloe and kidnaps Elena or something, so that there are actual stakes for once. I'm sick of Uncharted's "oh no he died but nope he only almost died" thing, they repeat it constantly.
>>
>>337883773
The best bits:
- car chase
- sword fight
- actually okay happy ending for Nate and Elena

Other than that, still nowhere near as good as 2.
>>
>>337885127
Are you literally retarded?

1- cursed El Dorado statue creatures

2- the magic blue tree of life shit

3- the spiders and a few things I forget because fuck Uncharted 3
>>
>>337883773
>fourth game in a series of mediocre games
>disappointing
You should have known what you were buying.
>>
I wish there were some moments where you could get on a gun turret and mow down dudes like in the other games
>>
Ive never played an uncharted game but i always hear people say 2 had these amazing setpieces. is there a video on youtube that shows all the setpieces from uc2?
>>
Did anyone else call the twist early as fuck?

The writing and acting were very good but the plot seriously wasn't good enough to justify how self-indulgent the story seemed to be at times. It seriously took too long to get going, flashback missions were pretty bad and the intro felt like "HEY GUYS REMEMBER UNCHARTED 2?" and should've just been saved for when it's actually happens in the story.
>>
File: 1442544687188.jpg (29 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1442544687188.jpg
29 KB, 600x800
My biggest issues with Uncharted 4 are

>game is heavily influenced by TLoU
>flourishes in some spots and fails in others thanks to that
>pacing is janky in spots
>Third act is way too drawn out
>MUH AVERY and TEW at every goddamn instance
>retconning Sam into Drake's life and it not lining up with the backstory provided in Uncharted 3
>too many "WOAH THAT LEDGE JUST CRUMBLED A BIT" moments when they don't do jack shit for the player
>Laura Bailey can't maintain a South African accent for shit

It's a flawed entry that has more positives than negatives but it isn't the 9-10/10 like most people are giving it.
>>
File: animation.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
animation.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>337900520
>no turret sequence
>no helicopter fights
>no good boat fights (think madagascar chase but jumping from boats to jetskis rope attached to a boat sliding on the water while shooting your gun)
>no supernatural enemies
>plottwist, sam used nate, "lol nevermind i forgive you and will save you sam" the vey next scene.
>2nd half is all jungle island
>too much climbing
>that terrible boat sequence driving from island to island

yea the game has a ton of flaws/unused potential.
>>
playing on crushing with no HUD right now.

Just like the other games (except 1) it's not that hard once you get used to it. You just never let yourself get shot. It's really hard not to get spotted in some parts but it still can be easy to lose them and take them out again. Suppressing them from firing back with bodyshots works too but ammo is less plentiful in this game so its better to just lose them and stealth attack again
>>
>>337900520
theres a part in scotland where you can steal the turret
>>
>>337883773
No, but I imagine you'll spend the next three years trying to force it like you did with TLOU.
Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.