[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the hype behind Minecraft???
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (409 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
409 KB, 1280x720
THIS IS MY OPINION!!!
>>
I don't get. I seriously don't. What is it the thrill of building with dirt or sand that makes it exciting. I mean all it is is a blocky game. The only credit I give Minecraft is that it's a sandbox game but that's it. Done zilch zero nada.
>>
>>337877637
It's popular because it's popular. I don't know how else to explain it.
>>
It's popular because people on youtube are playing it and kids want to be just like them.
>>
>>337877932

It's like 1st person Legos. I get it.
>>
File: the fuck.gif (3 MB, 250x141) Image search: [Google]
the fuck.gif
3 MB, 250x141
this game has bats now..?
>>
I only play it because a friend convinced me to download the pixelmon mod.
>>
>>337877637
It's 3D Legos
>>
i don't like the main game, but the mods are fun
"tech" mods scratch the autism itch that a lot of modern city building games can't, in regards to logistics and infrastructure planning
>>
>>337879920
yes and they do absolutely nothing (as of the last update I played)
>>
File: 1463008048424.gif (143 KB, 548x692) Image search: [Google]
1463008048424.gif
143 KB, 548x692
It's a game meant for 6-12 year olds that features building with legos and playing with dolls.

hype train was because it can be a good educational segway for different topics for rich white kid schools. Also it's a safe game for kids unless you're on the 4chan servers...

/end
>>
>>337879997
All the kids have fallen for the Lego jew
>>
You faggots will never know the excitement and fun of the old game. Fuck you and fuck mojang.
>>
It's a cheaper alternative to Legos for the most part.
>>
>>337877637
I liked it more before it became a children's game.
>>
3D Lego.
You build things and explore the wide land given. I'm building floating islands and a large seacenter. Don't let the merchandising and the kid-friendly nonsense deter you from an overall fun game.
>>
>>337877637
>>337877932
The same reason you use name on an anonymous image board
A U T I S M
>>
>>337877932
>Random worlds
>Big caves
>Lava
>Secret dimensions like netherrealm
>Farming, crafting, mining, smelting
>Decorating and full customization
>Pretty much a real sandbox game
>Multiplayer
>Nearly any pc can run it

Now do you see?
>>
>>337881167
>Literally have only added to the game since first alpha
>Somehow bad
>Being a nostalgia hipster

I was there and played during the early alphas, back when it was mostly adult men that played. It was fun. Just because its popular with kids as well now doesn't make it shit. Id rather a child be playing minecraft and using his imagination than playing CoD mindlessly blasting for 6 hours while his brain is slowly fried.
>>
>>337883642
>Nearly any pc can run it

The game runs like absolute shit
>>
i like to play it while listening to news, lectures or books on tape or something.
i seriously can't do one thing at a time, it's probably a disorder
i'm playing online backgammon as i browse 4chan
>>
The huge library of mods help a lot too
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.