[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think new characters are inevitable for Overwatch? Like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
File: wVfy88q.png (2 MB, 1600x668) Image search: [Google]
wVfy88q.png
2 MB, 1600x668
Do you think new characters are inevitable for Overwatch? Like most of the characters mentioned or briefly seen (pic related; that unknown hero) could possibly be up for "new heroes" like Tracer mentioned not to mention it would be an easy and inevitable cash grab

What about Doomfist, will there be a return or a new successor? How about Fusionator or Sound quake? (Lucio isn't sound quake, no chest missles)
>>
>Do you think new characters are inevitable for Overwatch?

Yeah. I think it's pretty obvious that blizzard has a bunch of heroes in the works, or at least concepts for them.

I honestly wouldnt expect a new hero to get added for a couple months though.
>>
File: 800px-DoomfistPosters2.jpg (46 KB, 800x416) Image search: [Google]
800px-DoomfistPosters2.jpg
46 KB, 800x416
>>337862323
More Doomfist art
>>
>>337862323
It's shallow enough that I think it will get old real fast without new heroes to inject some life blood. It's not like a serious moba where small balance changes can change the whole meta and completely freshen things up.
>>
They already confirmed there will be new heroes added and they will be free
>>
Yes, shortly after release two new heroes are being added. One is called Sombra, and the other is likely Soundquake. They're both free. All maps and heroes will be free.
>>
They will add more, but it might be a while. I suspect it will be a few months at least before another new character. Probably doomfist based on the teasing.
>>
Numbani stage has you transfer Doomfist's fist, if you haven't looked at the Payload. Not sure if that works for against the odds of Doomfist or anyone using the Doomfistfist, though.
>>
>>337863029
Nice source.
>>
File: Overwatch-First-Trailer-9.png .png (228 KB, 266x879) Image search: [Google]
Overwatch-First-Trailer-9.png .png
228 KB, 266x879
I want the curvey robot to be released. Poor bastion needs a good waifu.
>>
>>337862323

They've already said they are, they have 2 in the works right now.
>>
>>337863029
Sombra is being reworked from what I heard, so they wont be released until later than anticipated
>>
File: CeGI6E5UUAAgR4_.jpg (86 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
CeGI6E5UUAAgR4_.jpg
86 KB, 600x600
>>337862323
>>337863029
Soundquake is the red bot, right?
>>
>>337863239
That's Athena
>>
>>337863371
>>
>>337862323
Whether Blizzard adds DLC characters is not a matter of "if", but "when".

It's gonna happen.
>>
>>337863505
What the fuck I never noticed that rad-ass hazmat motherfucker.
I want that shit
>>
>>337863476
Oh cool I had no idea. Here's hoping she's not a worthless piece of shit when she gets turned into a playable character then.

>>337863663
Yeah obviously. They need to add new characters and maps to retain player interest. But but they're gonna be free tho so that's great.
>>
they've already announced that 40 more characters will be added
>>
>>337863505
>>337863801
Yea, that Radioactive Man looking guy looks cool.
>>
>>337863931
They said 21 heroes were included "free" with the purchase of base game.

I cant find the source for future heroes but it seems logical to include new heroes for free, while also allowing people to buy coins for cosmetics. Some would spend hundreds of dollars just to get all the cosmetics, and for every other new hero's cosmetics thereafter.
>>
They need to add
1) A sexy robot girl
2) A luchador
>>
>>337864627
Already checking Mexican hero off the list with "Sombra"
>>
>>337864576
https://youtu.be/OKG8Yx6F7uc?t=58s
>>
>>337862323

If you paid attention to any other Blizzard game, you'd see that their products are typically supported nearly forever and tend to get a lot of updates.

Expect Overwatch to never go on sale, but expect it to get continual content updates.
>>
>>337865143
>Expect Overwatch to never go on sale, but expect it to get continual content updates.

It'll go on sale eventually but not any time soon. WoW has every expansion sans the most current one for $20 and Diablo gets half off sales frequently enough. It's not a stretch they wouldn't do the same with Overwatch.
>>
Well yeah.

Instead of new weapons like tf2 its new heroes instead.

This means they are easier to balance too.

Also you wont have a tracer on your team and have to go IS THAT A TRACERKNIGHT?!!?
>>

Fucking. Obviously.
>>
>>337864576
>>337865032
>"We're really excited about the 21 heroes in the game. We have ideas for additional maps and heroes that we'd like to add to the game," said Kaplan. "We thought about this and decided that the best way to add them to the game is to patch them in as free content and not as DLC. Hopefully, that alleviates some concerns that people have."

It's fucking amazing, it means I don't have to worry about not having all the same map-packs that my mates have.
>>
>>337863371
Where does Overwatch have its headquarters? Fucking Nigeria?
>>
>>337865747
Gibraltar IDIOT
>>
>>337865747
They were probably part of Blackwatch.
>>
>>337863239
I need to play the iGynoid
>>
>>337865747
>few black characters
WHERE DO NIGGERS EVEN COME FROM UGH SJW FAGGOTS
/v/ isn't your safe space, anon.
black people exist in the real world, sadly.
>>
>>337867425
The disjointed limbs along with the general shape of her body reminds me a lof of Eve.
>>
>>337865032

I want to believe, /v/.

I know we're talking about Blizzard here, but after all these years of Triple-A jewery I finally have this glimpse of hope again, that for once I get what I've been promised.
With frequently added free content funded solely by the initial buying price and by people who're willing to buy additional loot-crates that only contain cosmetics you also get in your typical lvl-up box.

It may be naive but still, I want to believe
>>
>>337868168
They can easily make other things cost money.
There will always let certainly be a horde mode/PvE dungeons more that is sold separately for example.
>>
>>337865747
There's a lot of brown peoples in the world. If they're globally recruiting them there'd probably only be one white guy in a group of four or so right.
>>
they are releasing two new heroes with the Overwatch Movie.

overwatchcelebration.com
>>
>>337868403
Except the best soldiers are white. The top Spec Ops groups in the world are majority white.
>>
>>337868168
I'm actually most surprised about the fact that they've adopted the crate system without the need of having to buy keys to open them.

>>337868295
That's not gonna happen. They've already said they wont charge for additional game-modes. I mean, unless they lie, of course, which could very well happen.
>>
>>337868546
This is a video game. There's also robots and gorillas.
>>
>>337862669
could doomfist be an inherited title?
>>
>>337868417
>they are releasing two new heroes with the Overwatch Movie.

It doesn't say that anywhere, where are you getting this information? Your ass? Also it's not really a movie, they're just playing all the cinematics back-to-back.
>>
>>337868753
Pretty much.

>we kind of started thinking how fun would it be if the Doomfist character is actually more of a generational hero, like you see in some of the the big superhero universes. Potentially any number of people had been The Flash or any number of people had been a Green Lantern. And there's kind of this sense of generational identity. So Doomfist was kind of just a fun riff on that.
>>
>>337868417
>overwatchcelebration.com
>They're playing this in downtown Kansas City
No one is gonna go to this shit.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.