[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why wouldn't something like the X wall slide be possible
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: mega-man-x-wall-slide.png (47 KB, 512x448) Image search: [Google]
mega-man-x-wall-slide.png
47 KB, 512x448
Why wouldn't something like the X wall slide be possible in real life? Hear me out before you get all autistic and start calling me stupid.

If you're falling down the side of a building, you could drag down the side to increase resistance, so if the building was big enough, you could increase that resistance enough to the point where you'd be able to land safely.
>>
Mostly because your center of balance would tilt you away from the wall
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ticE-Eg7I8o
>>
>>337861360
Because hands get sweaty, bleed, and hurt. You let go and die. People argued that the people on 9/11 should have done this for 70 floors.
>>
>>337861683
Pretty much and any contact with the wall would probably push you away from it
Super Metroid got the wall jumping right as there's only that small window for you to jump off of
>>
>>337861728
Goddamit Jackie, absolute madman. His movies get only better and more entertaining with time.
>>
>>337861360
magnets
>>
>>337861360
Don't feel like drawing it, but it wouldn't work on a perfect 90 degree wall because your center of mass won't stay next to the wall once you apply friction. If you ever took physics in high school, look at your picture and think of a free body diagram. The force of friction would be opposing the center of mass, which would cause a moment force because the center of mass is not concurrent with the friction force. However, if the wall had a bit of tilt to it and you were very very close to it, it would work.
>>
>>337861728
There's a Mirror's Edge scene that took inspiration from this
>>
>>337861360
In order for you not to be just falling you need friction on the wall, it's a resistance which is creating the sliding.

For that you need to be pushing towards the wall aswell.
..which doesn't happen because if you push against the wall you are pushed away from the wall
>>
>>337861728
This is the best you could do, since the angle isn't 90 degrees some of his force is applied to the wall.
>>
It's astounding how so many people here don't know middle school physics
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.