[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Resident Evil 2 regarded as the classic? Why is Resident
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Resident Evil 2.png (131 KB, 323x308) Image search: [Google]
Resident Evil 2.png
131 KB, 323x308
Why is Resident Evil 2 regarded as the classic?
Why is Resident Evil 2 looked at in a higher regard than Resident Evil 1?
What makes Resident Evil 2 better?

I've never played either. I've only played Resident Evil 4. I'm currently playing Resident Evil 5 and will probably play RE1 after that. I just wanted opinions on the earlier titles.
>>
>>337859646
Really, Resident Evil 2 is looked as better than 1 ?
Resident Evil 1 GOAT for me, anyway, so comfy, I love this mansion so much.
Saving Richard, saving Rebecca, having a two waifus ending with Chris, so nice. And the shotgun feels so good. Waiting for a zombie to come close, aiming up and blasting his face off...
>>
Because RE2 did everything and more compared to RE1.

That's basically why.

RE1 feels like an experimental game compared to RE2 in terms of gameplay, setting, etc.

RE1 was testing the waters imo.

RE1 is still a great game though. I don't even like RE2 all that much.
>>
>>337859646
2 had badass B.O.W.s and zombies in an urban setting. That's pretty much the appeal.
>>
The multi-story setup is pretty cool. You play through the game as one character and then play through as the other one during the same timeframe as the first playthrough, occasionally running into the character you first played as.
I like RE1 more but the way RE2's campaigns are setup is better than the glorified difficulty selection setup of RE1.
>>
>tfw almost no one talks about resident evil gaiden

I would have loved that game on my old purple see through gbc.
>>
>>337860439
Atomic Purple, anon.
>>
>>337860524

I couldn't remember what it was called.
>>
>>337860724
I understand.
>>
>>337860218

How long does your first RE1 playthrough take if you're taking your time and exploring everything? I'm only asking about one campaign, either Jill or Chris, whichever is first. I'm assuming they're about the same so I'm only asking about the first playthrough where everything is new to explore.

If it changes anything, I'm asking specifically about the HD Remaster and not the original PS1 version.
>>
>>337860886
10 - 15 hours
>>
>>337859646
Resident Evil 2 was more put together than the original Resident Evil 1. It's less campy, enemy variety is more grotesque, and it really nailed the threat a swarm of zombies or just one Licker could have. It also did a lot better than 3 did for keeping it horror, despite the stressful chases from Nemesis, due to 3 being a rushed release to satisfy the contracts. Resident Evil 2 is still outclassed by Resident Evil Remake due to Resi1's problems being fixed and the better coherency of the Mansion, but for the original trilogy--barring Code Veronica, the real Resi3--Resi2 stands the strongest.
>>
>>337860886

The HD Remaster differs a lot from the PS1 version actually. It's generally better though. My first run took like 9-10 hours exploring pretty much everything. I'd recommend playing Jill since Chris has less inventory space and has to carry around more keys on account of not having a lockpick
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.