[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CALLING ALL SOULSFAGS I'm taking a bullshit Mythology class
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: FDP_SS_002.0[1].jpg (291 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
FDP_SS_002.0[1].jpg
291 KB, 1920x1080
CALLING ALL SOULSFAGS

I'm taking a bullshit Mythology class to fulfill the Liberal Arts requirement for my business degree, and one of the main components is a paper. It's pretty open-ended and I want to incorporate Dark Souls lore into my thesis for funsies (save your comments about it being cringeworthy, I truly do not give a fuck about this class), but the problem is I've always been terrible at analyzing all that cryptic shit.

For reference, here's the outline:

1. The hero/dragon-slayer (e.g. Zeus vs. Marduk or Heracles vs. Gilgamesh or Beowulf or a hero from science fiction or fantasy). Is there a message in this classic contest between good and evil or is it just a good story? What is the role of the hero? Is it to protect a community or to make a name for himself? How do the heroes from different cultures (or the monsters they face) compare? Are they equal, similar or different? If they are different, you should explain why.

I was thinking of just writing about the Chosen Undead and their ambiguous role as neither a hero nor a villain, but I know there's probably a ton of cooler shit with all the dragons in DaS3. Do my homework for me, fags.
>>
File: needs a filename.png (213 KB, 408x423) Image search: [Google]
needs a filename.png
213 KB, 408x423
>>
8 character archetypes of the hero's journey monomyth

1. The Hero
2. The Ally
3. The Herald
4. The Mentor
5. The Trickster
6. The Shapeshifter
7. The Threshold Guardian
8. The Shadow

Rev up your autistic theories and fill in the blanks, soulsfags!!!

http://mythcreants.com/blog/the-eight-character-archetypes-of-the-heros-journey/
>>
File: 1462083873365.png (13 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
1462083873365.png
13 KB, 420x420
>>337859105
Why are soulsfags so autistic?
>>
>>337860345 here

And just so you dont think it was made up by some random blogger, here's the original idea, by some guy named Chris Vogler who wrote a critique of Joseph Campbell

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Writer's_Journey:_Mythic_Structure_for_Writers

Read this, and "hero of 1000 faces" and cite crap from the things they talk about.

Boom, there's your goddamn sources.
>>
>>337860345
>5. The Trickster

What did I ever do to you?
>>
>>337859937
>Vaati plays Dark Souls.png
>>
>>337860345
>>337860709
this is high school level material. do you go to community college, you fucking loser?
>>
>>337860935
No one literally cares, mate. The point of college to wing every class and hope you land a decent job. We're not autistic sperglords who obsess over every little detail. Now are you gonna help me or not?
>>
File: 1447817248547.png (35 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1447817248547.png
35 KB, 625x626
>>337861157
absolutely fucking not. you chose to waste your time and money, don't beg for help from stranger, you fucking dog.
>>
>>337859105
write about the age of fire gwyn started and how it all went to shit (include how humanity isnt exactly good), if not that go do vendrick's story(include how aldia blurs the line between the right thing to do and the wrong thing to do)

those 2 are the best pieces you could take from dark souls
>>
>>337861326
Butthurt.
>>
>>337859105
I don't understand your outline. Do you want to talk only about DaS 3 or the three games' lore.

Also personnally I would focus more on the player character and its journey because this is what you get to experience directly as the player.

Dragons are really secondary in DaS' lore. They are very important creatures but they only play an important role in the first game
>>
>>337861326
Fuck off, you uneducated shit lord. Help me out or don't, fuck stick.
>>
>>337860345
1. Chosen undead
2. Solaire
3. Crestfallen maybe
4. Oscar
5. Patches
6. I don't have one for this
7. O&S
8. Gwyn
>>
>>337861157
>business major wants to lie and cheat his way through
Sounds about right
>>
File: Oscar.jpg (144 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Oscar.jpg
144 KB, 1280x720
>>337860345
>>337861810

>The Herald
>call to action that sets the hero off on his journey

;_;
>>
>>337861810
>shapeshifter

Those goddamn lying snakes maybe?
>>
>>337861810
The Mentor should be the Crestfallen guy.
He teaches you about the world and how it works, and tells you what you should do to get stronger in the beginning.
>>
>>337861810
6) scholar of the first sin
>>
>>337861473
>babby who can't even write a paper on something he has all the information for
>calling others uneducated

GUISE HELP ME SNEAK BIDEO GAEMZ INTO MY CLASS SO I CAN SOUND SMERT AND CRUSH SOME PUZZY
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.