[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Capital of the empire >Only 12 people walking around
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4
File: Solitude.png (3 MB, 1538x886) Image search: [Google]
Solitude.png
3 MB, 1538x886
>Capital of the empire
>Only 12 people walking around

What are some games where the big cities are actually populated with people?
>>
Assassin's Creed series I suppose, for better or worse.
>>
Yakuza comes to mind. It's fun to trip people
>>
witcher 3 but you cant talk to them
>>
Blood Money's Mardi Gras level but they're all clones.
>>
>>337857861
Blood Money and Absolution
>>
The World Ends With You has a few people here and there
>>
>>337857861
Daggerfall.
>>
by populated do you mean actual NPCs with scripts or do you mean randomly generated "clones"?
because GTA V is the only thing i can think of and honestly each person has enough variety for them to not seem like clones and you can interact with them at least a little bit.
>>
Something I noticed in Black Desert was that cities actually had a shitload of NPCs running around them doing stuff.

The game itself didn't hold my interest though.
>>
>>337858739
Daggerfall has like 80 people each town, but only about less than 10 of them actually matter
>>
Gothic 2
>>
>>337859325
How many of the people that you see in a day matter to you? Almost none.
>>
>>337859185
came into the thread to post this
cities/towns in Black Desert are fucking great
>>
>>337857861
It's not the capital of the Empire you retarded fuckhouse. The Imperial City is
>>
You could get a NPC mod, there are tons that populate the cities and revamp them to look really amazing.
>>
File: 2015-10-10_00002.jpg (328 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-10_00002.jpg
328 KB, 1920x1080
>>337857861
Unironically I would say Oblivion with the better cities mod, while not really that big shit is comfy as fuck and each town is at least twice the size of a skyrim equivalent.
Also I'd say that Grand Soren of DD, tho it still is relatively small and bland
Daggerfall if you want them to be as big as possible
Asscreed II had several great towns
Alternatively you might want something more linear but taking place entirely within a city, like Dishonored
>>
Xenoblade has quite a few people that you can talk to
>>
>>337857861
Witcher 3
Assassins creed
Grand theft auto
>>
Dragon's Dogma
>>
>>337860095
Gothic 2 isn't more populated either. It just feels more populated because all the NPCs are unique, have believable jobs, daily routines, better AI, where they actually do something related to that job, and because they made their world more reasonably sized where small populations are perfectly believable.
>>
>>337857861
Planescape Torment gives the impression of a very big city thanks to how it is separated by hubs, and the relative density of it.

Same case with Baldur's Gate II.
>>
>>337864523
It doesn't have 80 NPCs in a town but it also isn't trying to sell the town as a huge capital. Every house has at least one NPC that lives in it. It's small but not empty like Skyrim.
>>
File: Daggerfall Roll.png (1 MB, 2000x2500) Image search: [Google]
Daggerfall Roll.png
1 MB, 2000x2500
>>337858739
>it's so old that even morrowbabies haven't played it
>/v/ will never have a decent Daggerfall thread
>someone wasted hours of their life making this roll image that no one will ever use
>because Daggerfall is so fucking old
It's a damn shame since the game is actually pretty fun once you know how to play.
>>
>>337857861
Solitude isnt capial of the empire. Solitude is just a city that happens to be the seat of power in one province.
>>
>>337862268
>oblivion better cities
Maximum cozy
>>
>>337865845
Nice, I've been wanting one of these for Daggerfall.
>>
>>337865845
>>337867020
There are usually good DF threads on /vr/, FYI, where this image gets posted frequently.
>>
>>337867223
Despite being an oldfag, I really just forget /vr/ exists most of the time
>>
File: comeonnow.jpg (26 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
comeonnow.jpg
26 KB, 600x375
>>337857861

>Town called Solitude
>Suprised when no one is around
>>
>>337861268
It is the capital of Skyrim, though.
>>
>>337862268
>Unironically I would say Oblivion with the better cities mod, while not really that big shit is comfy as fuck and each town is at least twice the size of a skyrim equivalent.
But it comes at the cost of completely destroying your FPS no matter how good your computer is.
>>
The problem I see with heavily populated cities is how is the player supposed to tell the difference between important NPCs they can talk to and NPCs that are just filler?
>>
The Raidou games. There's so many NPCs on screen in the main town that it slows pretty much any emulation to a crawl.
>>
>>337858156

ugh this. it's pretty immersion breaking but whatever.

anyway you can always add npc's to skyrim, it's pretty much mandatory.

STEP mod, niggas.
>>
>>337857861

This is my biggest problem with Skyrim. The "cities" are literally small villages. Oblivion had much more better, more populated cities. Imperial City felt so vast back in the day
>>
>>337869662
that's debatable considering it's in the middle of a civil war
>>
>>337865845
>>>/vr/
>>
All the people thinking Witcher had big cities are absolutely stupid. The Witcher only had TWO major cities, with the rest being villages with small communities
>>
>>337872217
I don't see the problem, they don't call their villages 'cities'.
>>
The Witcher 3, definitely. Spent like twenty hours traveling all around Velen before heading North into Novigrad and found that not only did the city have no load times, but it also had dozens of houses, a red light district, a nobles quarters, marketplace, a moat, villages surrounding the place. I'm fucking blown away by how big this game is.
>>
>>337857861
Assassin's Creed.
GTA/Sleeping Dogs/Saint's Row 2 (pick your flavour).
ESO.
>>
>>337862025
i can't wait until there is shit like this for Fallout 4. shit is so barebones can't even play it atm.
>>
>>337872516
>Saint's Row 2

Best fucking crime game city, you know exactly where you are just by looking around.
>>
jak games
>>
Rabanasta has a a lot of people. It's pretty incredile because Final Fantasy XII is a PS2 game.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.