[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Super Metroid >Scary ass monsters like Phantoon and Draygon.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7
File: metroid prime.jpg (135 KB, 800x1141) Image search: [Google]
metroid prime.jpg
135 KB, 800x1141
Super Metroid
>Scary ass monsters like Phantoon and Draygon. Even goofy bosses like Crocomire are intimidating

Metroid Prime 1-3
>All the monsters are nonsensically designed 3D polygons

How did this happen?
>>
>>337846421
thats why other m is better right?
>>
>>337846421
If you wanted a thread to talk about Metroid Prime. Then have it be about Metroid Prime.

Leave the substance-less bait at home.
>>
>>337846421
Are you a fool? The Prime series has bosses like Quadraxis, Metroid Prime, Rundas etc. in it.
>>
>Super Metroid
>scary ass monsters

Monsters that don't pose a threat aren't scary.
>>
>>337846661
>>337846691
Prove OP wrong. I don't remember a single good or scary looking boss from any of the modern Metroids except for fucking SA-X
>>
File: 1454554872286.gif (2 MB, 274x231) Image search: [Google]
1454554872286.gif
2 MB, 274x231
>>337846421
>>337847013

Metroid Prime's Core wasn't a little spooky?

This thread is personal opinion only, so it seems kinda pointless debating our individual takes on the monsters from this series.
>>
>>337847013
>>
>>337847013
OP would actually have to provide an logical argument.

All he really wanted was a thinly veiled Metroid thread. So he made up some fact-less bait to entice anons.

Fun Fact: Did you know that saging still works? I did some digging and I found out that 4chan still supports that option.
>>
>>337847298
Eh a little scary, but not as scary as melting bones wanting to kill you
>>
>>337847013
>Metroid Fusion
>Modern
I have new for you anon...
>>
File: boss_nightmare.gif (28 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
boss_nightmare.gif
28 KB, 480x320
>>
>>337846838
Rudas looks goofy though. I hated the alien designs in the Prime series. They looked to abstract. Missing features.
Rundas is still a cool boss fight though, no pun intended. Because he has awesome music, and he was constantly moving and attacking, putting pressure on the player. But if you actually look at him, he's not scary at all. He looks like an action figure with missing parts.
>>
>>337847887
that fight still gives me
[spoilers]nightmares[/spoilers]
>>
File: phantoon.jpg (96 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
phantoon.jpg
96 KB, 1280x720
The best modern design I've seen is the rehashed Phantoon boss fight from Other M
>>
>>337847985
>They looked to abstract

I think it's a defining trait of Metroid that it tries to show aliens off as being what they likely would be, distinctly non-human and otherworldly in appearance.

>he's not scary at all

Irrespective of the fact that scariness isn't a factor in what makes a boss fight good, Rundas' appearance may not be creepy but in that part of Corruption if you'd been paying attention you'd have been somewhat spooked. Your former friend stalks you across the planet before trying to assassinate you, all while being completely silent.
>>
Nightmare is one of the most horrific creations in Modern Metroid, however other m didn't do it justice.
>>
>>337849113
>Irrespective of the fact that scariness isn't a factor in what makes a boss fight good,

I think it does. Metroid games aren't exactly hard, but Super Metroid was great at catching you off guard with the bosses and their uniquely spooky designs
>>
>>337846421
>Not scary at all
>Go back to a cleared room
>lights go off
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cWbLagjxbA starts playing
How was that not scary?
>>
>>337849113
I was only sticking to OP's point about bosses being scary. Which Rundas isn't. And no, the idea that he may have been stalking around wasn't spooky at all.

Also, all of the alien humans look generally the same. Those no real defining traits between them. The space pirates, and the hunters from Hunters, are all very similar abstracts. They don't stand out like the Luminoth, or Samus. They just look like another brightly colored humanoid with sharpened limbs.
>>
File: emperor ing.png (694 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
emperor ing.png
694 KB, 1024x1024
>>337846421
The Ing were pretty scary, as well as Dark Samus (particularly its final form in Prime 2).
>>
>>337847013
>Crocomire
>intimidating
no
>>
File: 1425473127041.jpg (55 KB, 471x510) Image search: [Google]
1425473127041.jpg
55 KB, 471x510
>>337847013
>Prove Me Wrong
>>
>>337846421
chozo ghosts were fucking terrible, same with the invisible space pirates until you realize the wave gun makes them have a stroke and die
>>
>>337846421
Only played the first Metroid Prime but I found while the bosses themselves aren't scary, the game did atmosphere incredibly well. Boss music was often intense which for me made some bosses more intimidating. I found Prime had more scary locations than bosses though. Underwater pirate ship, the thermal visor science lab, anything with those god damn ghosts.
>>
>>337846421
>nonsensically designed 3D polygons
wow dude you just described every fucking 3d videogame in existence good job
>>
I never really thought any creatures from Super Metroid were scary, with the exception of Draygon. However, Prime creatures were pretty freaky due to phazon mutations. I like it.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.