[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any grand strategy game with reasonably accurate Greek
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Army1.jpg (43 KB, 648x290) Image search: [Google]
Army1.jpg
43 KB, 648x290
Is there any grand strategy game with reasonably accurate Greek society/forces?
>>
Yes OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oimIMZHNRVI
>>
File: 1399501690075.jpg (24 KB, 240x251) Image search: [Google]
1399501690075.jpg
24 KB, 240x251
>>337841219
>748 kills
God, I don't know if I should be glad or sad that I can't do this anymore.
>>
>>337841219
How is it for society building and shit or is it just wars?

Basically I'm doing a teaching degree and need to come up with "multimodal" teaching tools. The unit is ancient Greece. It seemed more interesting to use a grand strategy game to teach as much as possible instead of just printing screeds of texts.

Obviously I wouldn't be using one to replace the other but rather augmenting both.
>>
>>337842380
Europa Barbarorum for Rome 1 Haven't played the Med2 version in over a year so I don't know if it's improved any would be better for the society aspect. Rome 2's campaign is pretty bare-bones, even with the autistic mods like DEI, where you just build buildings down building trees to affect certain stats/recruiting options. In EB you actually get to choose what type of settlement you want (homeland, colony, allied kingdom etc) and everything you build/do has an essay worth of information to go along with it. Total War's combat style also goes perfectly with Diadokhoi tactics, because it almost always revolves around hammer and anvil.
>>
>>337842380
Not that guy, but it's a Total War game. It's about fun real time battles first and foremost, I really doubt you want it if what you're looking for is you're looking for careful, historically accurate material for teaching. That said, Custom Battle mode is probably perfect material if you want to show some big battle or something to "wow" your class and keep them from completely dozing off instead, though you're kind of limited to Diodachi era hellenic kingdoms.
>>
>>337842046
Pikes are still pretty brutal in vanilla. I got tired of them being utterly shit in DEI and started a campaign with no combat mods and they still destroy other units.
>>
>>337841219
TW is not GS.
GS canĀ“t have battles like that or you invalidate the GS plane gameplay.
>>
>>337843025
>>337843072
Thanks m8s. Any other idea would be appreciated.

>>337843354
Sorry if I used the wrong terminology. I'm not much of a strategyfag.
>>
>>337843025
EB is one of the best mods ever.
>>
>>337843281
Oh I know. They're still great in single player where the AI will actually charge head on, I'm just talking about the part where low-armor units used to completely melt in two seconds(not exaggerating) in doing so.
>>
>>337841150
I don't think there's a GS out there that accurately portrays Greek city states

Maybe try Hegemony Gold
>>
>>337843610
That would be the ideal. Even if it's just wars/tactics/forces that's cool as the unit of study has a couple lessons just on the Greek army.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.