[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the hardest Soulsborne game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9
File: maxresdefault.jpg (373 KB, 1686x822) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
373 KB, 1686x822
http://www.strawpoll.me/10231945
>>
2 with Sotfos for sure
>>
Lords of the Fallen
>>
>>337842569
kek
>>
>>337840998
>levels
demon's souls because of the lack of check points
>bosses
all I know is it isnt demons, ds3, or vanilla BB
>>
>>337840998
I had the hardest time with DeS but it was also the first I played
Once you learn how to play Souls games subsequent ones aren't nearly as bad
>>
>>337843441
yeah
the place i ever found hardest in souls (non-bosses) was the first time i entered undead burg. i got my ass kicked there for like three hours before I finally beat it. then once i understood the game was ez.

in terms of bosses though, bloodborne definitely had the hardest for me (defiled chalice, depth 5, and the DLC bosses)
>>
>in this poll people will vote for their first souls game
>so the only games that will end up at top will inevitably be demons souls, dark souls, and bloodborne as they had the highest influxes of newer casuals, demons souls in general being a new game, dark souls being demons souls on multiplatforms and bloodborne being a high touted exclusive that new ps4 owners bought in droves
>>
File: 1463027105339.jpg (282 KB, 1656x1876) Image search: [Google]
1463027105339.jpg
282 KB, 1656x1876
>>337842526
This
>>
>>337840998
Your first one.
>>
Fucking Orphan of Kos wrecked my shit like no other boss in the franchise
>>
>>337840998
these games are ez once you realise the rolls have i frames
>>
DaS2, either the original or SotFS, is really easy. By far the easiest. Don't know how so many people would say it's the hardest
>>
I found Bloodborne pretty easy, I'm surprised it's winning. Maybe it just clicked with me or maybe saw spear is the perfect weapon.
>>
>>337845204
I had just come off of DS1, where my bread and butter was shields and strafing for backstabs.
Took a bit to adjust
>>
None of them are hard after playing the other games

So the hardest is whichever one you played first
>>
>>337845204
DaS2's physics are more disconnecting for me than even the lolquickstep nonsense Bloodborne had going on.

It was just too different of a formula that they decided to pit against enemies designed for DS1.
>>
>>337845708
Oh yeah, disregarding the adjusting period, it's the easiest. In 1 I just used best armor best weapon stats. But then in 2 I learned and stopped acting like a tard
>>
>>337842569
that games it the most shameful ripoff of dark sous. ni-oh did i good job but Lords was so slow and clunky.
>>
File: 941.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
941.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>
>>337845856
also it's a lot more tedious, the enemies are plentiful and don't seem to have stamina bars.
So I ended up cheesing a lot of the enemies and bosses just because they wouldn't stop fucking swinging
>>
File: ds3spin.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ds3spin.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
the only reason i found dark souls 3 hard because alot of the bosses have more than one person attack you.
also fuck abyss watchers took me like 29 tries
>>
>>337840998
Old Hunters is some of the hardest content in the series, but as for vanilla BB is pretty far down the list. DaS3 is probably at the top, since FROM has spent over 3 games trying to outsmart players with boss movesets. Also every boss has some sort of delay attack made just to fuck up your timing, DaS 1 and 2 seem really lame in comparison going back to them now.
Without a doubt though, the hardest SL1 runs would be BB and DeS, respectively, which is ironic since they are both the easiest in the series.
>>
File: Demon's Souls.jpg (206 KB, 1280x863) Image search: [Google]
Demon's Souls.jpg
206 KB, 1280x863
Which game had the best main armor set?
http://www.strawpoll.me/10232377
>>
DS3 is the easiest by default since there's so many bonfires.
>>
>>337846881
*there are
sorry, I'm drunk
>>
File: what.png (319 KB, 1131x707) Image search: [Google]
what.png
319 KB, 1131x707
I don't like how fucking unfair these games are and it's becoming really apparent with DaS III. It's like everything is designed surprise and kill you. It's not even funny when some faggots spawn behind you for the 21st time. I'm all for legit difficulty but now I'm feeling like the game just wants me to waste my time by either placing enemies in such a way it's going to take forever or by throwing cheap traps in hope I die and have to replay through the same corridor again.
>>
File: Bloodborne.jpg (3 MB, 1369x2500) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne.jpg
3 MB, 1369x2500
Last one, which game had the best final boss?
http://www.strawpoll.me/10232423
>>
>>337847251
sounds like someone got butthurt because he never checks for mimics
>>
File: 1450333095854s.jpg (2 KB, 125x122) Image search: [Google]
1450333095854s.jpg
2 KB, 125x122
>le souls is hardcore maymay

casual reddicucks can fuck off
>>
Scholar of the First Sin is objectively the most difficult as a whole. Even though a lot of it was just plain unfair, it was still hard by definition. Things such as that duo tiger boss with the hideous run back that you'd die to more than the boss itself is in a league of its own in terms of frustration. Bosses like Fume Knight and Ancient Dragon were all excessively difficult (vanilla Ancient Dragon was the one boss no scrub ever beat).
So my vote goes to 2.
>>
Even after beating the first three, Bloodborne kicked my ass. DS3 was a cakewalk.
>>
>>337847696
I was able to beat Ancient Dragon in vanilla but boy was it not worth the trouble. A terrible boss, with waaaaay too much HP.
>>
>>337847806
I didn't find BB difficult at all, in fact it was the first soulsborne game where I beat over half the bosses on first tries. The DLC was pretty nasty though, I'll give it that. Certainly the hardest yet.
>>
File: Basiliskart.jpg (18 KB, 448x295) Image search: [Google]
Basiliskart.jpg
18 KB, 448x295
>>337847512
I'm not even complaining about mimics, these are esay to spot.

I'm getting annoyed by how many motherfuckers appear by surprise. There's also the whole giant ballista thing that just makes you waste your time and estus.

I am at that Latria tower sort of dungeon and I found a mimic, I cleared the area and made sure I would be able to kill it in peace, but upon activation a group of Basilisks appeared out of nowhere and cursed my ass.
>>
>>337844730

Yeah, orphan is the hardest boss they've done yet by a significant margin. A lot of the vanilla BB bosses were piss easy though, and the only hard enemies in vanilla for me were winter lanterns and those weird corpse wagon things. I'd say SotFS is overall the actual hardest due to the poorly designed bullshit like Ancient Dragon, silly tracking and hitboxes, and straight up artificial difficulty like Vendrick (shitty slow and boring boss but he has a fuckload of health, even with all the giant souls, and will generally kill any character in two swings), but you can tell they mainly focused on making DS2 hard rather than actually having well designed and thought-out levels.

DeS is piss easy, DaS is a good challenge but not as hard as the last 3 games, and DaS3 is somewhere in the middle.

Overall difficulty goes like:

SotFS>BB>DaS3>DaS>DeS
>>
>>337848245

You can actually hear those frog fucks while you walk up to the chests. They jump down from holes near the top of the walls.
>>
>>337843672
Pretty much this.

Once you've been through miyazaki's wax on wax off process, souls games just aren't difficult.

The only part of DaS2 i had any trouble with was Fume knight in the DLC. Even then i just had to up my agility for the iframes and he was piss.

I need to play DaS again now, it's the only one in the series i didn't plat.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.