[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Finally played this game. Enjoyed it overall. I really liked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
File: 1462212871523.jpg (4 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
1462212871523.jpg
4 KB, 300x168
Finally played this game. Enjoyed it overall. I really liked how fast the combat was in comparison to Souls, and I thought the setting was really cool.

The story felt lacking, but I didn't really try to find it as much as I could have. I appreciate the storytelling style that From uses, but I don't think it's for me.

How did you like it /v/? I realize I'm late to the party.
>>
I'll give a quick bump
>>
>>337830893
Got it recently and stopped playing after I killed Rom.
I like the setting but it's a bit arcade-y.
The UI is hideous.
NPC's have closed mouths while talking, hello ps one.
Meh "story".
Combat is fine I guess.
Nice creature designs.
>>
One more try I guess.
>>
>>337831469
I think I rushed the game after Rom, everything felt sort of weird after that.
>>
Its my favorite game of all time.
Played it for over 800 hours and still doing more.
>>
File: 1413353747376.png (70 KB, 172x159) Image search: [Google]
1413353747376.png
70 KB, 172x159
>Tfw trying to kill Ludwig early for the weapon

Why is he such a rapist jesus
>>
>>337832123
First phase is way worse than the second phase, since he won't do erratic bites, lunges or kicks anymore. First phase took me 20+ tries but I beat his second phase the first time I got to it.
>>
I enjoyed it more than any DS game due to the fast combat, atmosphere, and setting. I didn't like however the number of side characters/side quests there are, there's too few compared to DS and the covenant system and new game+ could be better.
>>
I thought it was interesting how it shifted to cosmic horror moreso towards the second half.

Wish I could read a fully fleshed out story about the world.
>>
>>337833134
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JL5acskAT_2t062HILImBkV8eXAwaqOj611mSjK-vZ8/edit

Thank me later.
>>
>>337833375
Before I read all this:

Is this 50% conjecture based off vague dialogue/item descriptions, or is all of this 100% verified?
>>
>>337833604
The author tells you whenever he's trying to interpret things himself in order to piece things together, but the majority of the text is a 1:1 telling of actual story events and descriptions, yes. But then again, with a Souls game, trying to get 100% verification without any interpretation is kind of not possible.
>>
>>337834097
Eh I guess I'll give it a read. I guess that's just something you have to accept with From.

Maybe the unknown is what makes their worlds so intriguing yet so frustrating at the same time.
>>
>>337830893
As the souls games; it tries way too hard to be obscure and 2deep. How can you not play it and cringe?
>>
>>337834310
Because you're not Quip McMurder going through the world with your happy bunch of friends who explain shit to you on every turn?

Its not trying to be 2deep, it just doesnt explain shit to you
The story itself isn't even that complex or mind boggling, its just told in a very unorthodox way.
>>
>>337834703
>its just told in a very unorthodox way
Yeah and it felt forced as hell.
>>
>>337834993
>told through small tidbits of item descriptions and some NPCs
>forced as hell
I bet you like being info dumped before and after every single little thing you do in games
>>
>>337835427
The "story" is not hard to understand. The way NPC's speak etc. is cringey. Like when the retard in class read his poems out loud.
>>
>>337835938
Do please explain why
Provide an example maybe?
>>
>>337830893
It wasn't for me but I still managed to enjoy it a fair bit. The expansion somewhat fixes the lack of weapons in the base game but there still isn't much build variety and the chalice dungeon still suck.
I never felt like I should explore that much because finding new gear or weapons was so rare that it felt almost pointless.

I had most fun with Dex/Bloodtinge build.
>>
>>337836551
I stopped exploring almost entirely after Rom.

It felt like the game was pushing me towards the ending and trash mobs were becoming too much of a hassle to deal with once I was transported to Yhargul.

I missed 2 bosses as a result.
>>
>>337835938
>the way NPCs speak is cringey
How?
>>
I'm on NG+ with a SKL build and am about to start a STR build for the hell of it. Feels like I'm going to have a problem keeping up the pace with STR-based weapons, since SKL makes everything speedier, but I still want to try my hand at it.
>>
I've played this game a lot. About 6 different playthrough with 3 different builds.

This game was not very good. Base BB is pretty mediocre. Honestly, it's my least favorite soulsborne game. Still a good game though. The issue is there is very little replayability because there's not a lot of customization.

>the only reason I played it 6 times was because I bought a ps4 to play this game
Almost all boss fights are essentially the same. Stamina regens too quickly so iframes from dodging all day long. You get some of the best weapons right off the bat.
>ludwig, saw spear/cleaver, hunter axe

I will say that the chalice dungeon concept is very interesting. However, there isn't really any incentive to do them with feted or whatever the other 2 difficulties are. But it is worth a playthrough because the bosses do get much more difficult.

However, the Old Hunters DLC is easily the best dlc that From has ever released. It turned this game into a 10/10. Tons of content and exploration. Great design on characters and settings. Great additions to weapons and armor. The dlc singlehandedly makes the game.

If anything, play this game to play the dlc.
>>
Probably the best hack and slash/RPG I've ever played, honestly - and I've played a lot.

Some glaring flaws though.

The camera is utterly awful in almost every conceivable situation -not sure how they could get around this.

The frame of time in which you'll receive double damage (you receive double damage if you get hit whilst attacking) fluctuates wildly for different attack animations and sometimes makes no sense at all (this is the only factor which makes the Rom fight difficult)

Chalice Dungeons are an awful, grindy mess. There's literally only a dozen room layouts which just sorta get generated together and linked by tight corridors which coupled with the small handful of enemies found in the dungeons means that once you've played one you've played them all. They're also downright badly programmed to the point where I wonder whether From had actually finished them. The framerate absolutely plummets to shit in most dungeons, enemies frequently clip through walls or simply fall through the floor when attacked, the mist and dust particle effects obscure your vision so much you genuinely feel blind and perhaps worst of all - there are bell-maidens which continue to spawn an unlimited amount of fast mobs which will track you no matter where you are in the dungeon meaning that if you're unlucky enough to generate a dungeon with two or more bell-maidens in, you'll spend the entire dungeon stalked by at least one dozen fast spiders capable of 2-shotting you.

There's also the fact that, much like in Souls games, the late-game relies more on enemies and bosses that can one-shot or two-shot you rather than exercise detailed attacks or movesets. This becomes most apparent during the Rom fight (the first time I encountered any 1-hit KOs) and becomes a recurring theme from there. The very best bosses in the game were the ones that didn't rely on this one trick in order to be difficult.
>>
>>337838289
He doesn't want to admit that he doesn't like the game because of the setting, like every other person who has a problem with BB yet favors the other Souls games.
>>
I was stuck on Gasciogne for a month, once I beat him I started loving the game
>>
>>337835938
>Like when the retard in class read his poems out loud.
Are you 15?
>>
File: ludwig.jpg (550 KB, 708x2163) Image search: [Google]
ludwig.jpg
550 KB, 708x2163
>>337832123
>tfw spent 2 hours on Ludwig
>all the training resulted in a 1st try kill on Orphan
>>
>>337838767
In all seriousness why is ludwig a horse?
>>
>>337838546
>The issue is there is very little replayability because there's not a lot of customization.
yeah it has only 30 weapons with transformation forms(which makes them 60)
Not customizable at all....
fucking idiot
>>
>>337838614
How can people not like the setting of BB and then love Souls setting?

I love Dark Souls but I am so fucking sick of medieval fantasy. There nothing more boring to me than a fucking dragon.
>>
>>337838548
>Probably the best hack and slash/RPG I've ever played, honestly - and I've played a lot.

Nigga, I like bloodborne as much as the next guy, but that game falls flat in comparisong to dmc3 or bayonetta 1.
>>
>>337838856
why is hunter a squid?
>>
>>337838856
I guess a combination of a few things really.

Item descriptions state that the clerics and warriors of the church tend to resist the beast curse the longest and the longer you resist the curse, the more unsightly and large a beast you will become.

His similarity to a horse could simply be entirely coincidental (why do so many villagers turn into wolves?), but due to the oddly fused nature of his body it seems more likely that both he and his steed were afflicted with the curse and eventually merged into one.
>>
File: 1438700202067.jpg (29 KB, 768x768) Image search: [Google]
1438700202067.jpg
29 KB, 768x768
>>337838548
what an autistic nerd
>>
>>337838856
The Church's hideous experimentation using the Old Blood on the Hunters. Ludwig never really agreed with their experiments, but went along with them, and subsequently turned into a horrible horse beast as a result of the curse associated with the use of blood ministrations.

Not really sure why a horse specifically, but Rape Horse from Berserk definitely comes to mind.
>>
>>337839391
I respectfully disagree. Those games are a lot more about cuhrazy combos (which I by no means dislike) whereas this game is more about cleverly executed dodges, parries and backstabs, which I personally prefer.

I also feel like everything's just better realized in this game than it is in the two you mentioned. I can change up my entire playthrough of Bloodborne depending on what weapon I equip whereas playthroughs of Bayonetta and DMC are generally to the same due to the weapons being readily interchangeable whenever I feel like it.

Of course, this is just personal opinion.
>>
Is Bloodborne a prequel to Splatoon?
>>
>>337839673
this
Plus Bloodborne feels the most balanced souls game yet
it throws all the gimmicks and keeps what makes these games great
>>
>>337839673
> I can change up my entire playthrough of Bloodborne depending on what weapon I equip whereas playthroughs of Bayonetta and DMC are generally to the same due to the weapons being readily interchangeable whenever I feel like it.

What sort of logic is this?

"My playthroughs are very different because they are forced to be different."
How is this a positive? You can have your playthroughs of Bayo be just the same if you go through the whole game with one or two weapons, and then switch to another for the next playthrough. Being able to use all of them whenever you want is in no way a downside.
>>
>>337831469
>NPC's have closed mouths while talking, hello ps one.
Those first world problems, stopped reading, closing the thread.
>>
File: kek.jpg (7 KB, 252x240) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
7 KB, 252x240
>>337840191
>Those first world problems, stopped reading, closing the thread.
>>
>>337839673
Each to their own I guess, I actually wouldn't even compare bloodborne to those games in the first place, since they're completely different in what they're trying to do. Bloodborne is just a faster, more action-packed souls game with more leighway in stamina management among many other things. I personally prefer the ones I mentioned since I think they're a lot more rewarding in terms of mechanical skill, especially in higher difficulties. Genres are dumb anyway but I still think bloodborne is not a "real" hack-and-slash game.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.