[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Killzone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7
File: killzone mercenary logo.jpg (238 KB, 1270x720) Image search: [Google]
killzone mercenary logo.jpg
238 KB, 1270x720
I wanna talk about Killzone since it was Playstation's Halo for a while. Did you guys like the series, hate it, is it going to come back and what would you want if they do comeback?
>>
>>337827581
I only ever played the third one and I remember liking it a lot, though I remember the controls not feeling very responsive and getting tired of it
>>
>>337827581
now that every FPS has a sci-fi space setting, whats the appeal of Killzone anymore?
>>
>>337828146
to me it was always the helghast, the cool nazi looking guys with russian themes and were actually the victims of the series. I just like more of them. They were like ww1 germans, with nazi/russian themes mixed with now day armor and futuristic weapons.
>>
>>337827581
cod in space but more boring.
>>
>>337827581
First game is kinda trash despite being hailed as one of these underrated gems on the PS2. Second game is legit great and the MP was was a lot of fun. Third fell off a bit but it was still good. Didn't play the spinoffs of the PS4 one.
>>
>>337827581
Barely average series. Redeemed solely by graphics. Played the shit out of Killzone 2. Three was just god awful. Somehow they took all the things two did decently and said fuck it, let's remove them all. There was no way in hell I was going to ever play another GG game.
>>
>>337827581
>good
art design
weapons
enemy a.i.

>bad
story
linear levels
characters
nothing memorable or distinct gameplay wise

I think Killzone is a series with lots of potential, but Sony and Guerrilla can't pull it off for some reason, always reducing the scope of the games to a stupid conflict between the ISA and the Helghans.
>>
1 was mediocre. Has lots of good but I guess more bad. 2 was just horrendeous. Awful characters you can only hate. Shifty, sluggish gameplay. Ugly as sin with such a crap visual design too.
>>
File: 1461238744371.gif (220 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1461238744371.gif
220 KB, 250x250
>>337827581
>Killzone thread
>>
>>337827581
The best one was on the PSP.
>>
>>337827581

Hated the entire fucking series.

And sure as fuck didn't like how the game dev's forced that shitty Field of View onto you and gave you no recoarse.
>>
File: 1458350271105.gif (104 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
1458350271105.gif
104 KB, 500x280
i loved KZ 2 multiplayer. i remember some warzone games lasting like an hour or more on the really big maps. Running around in Radec academy with the hand cannon was really satisfying despite the 0 aim assist on console. Also the game looked pretty good for a ps3 game, much better than that infamous kz2 e3 trailer.

Fuck i miss that game, too bad its dead
>>
>>337828727
You are literally retarded, hang thyself
>>
I like some of the games and the lore, but mechanics weren't great in most of them and the actual game stories were sort of shit.

killzone liberation was surprisingly fun
>>
File: 1330907209435.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1330907209435.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>337829634
I was able to get the trophy for mvp of the world online for a week, for t they sent me the poster that was in the game (this but vertical) I hold deep feelings for KZ2
>>
>>337829848
>Held that rank for two weeks
>Never got shit because I didn't get the trophy

I was so pissed off. I guess that contributed to my eventual hate of the series.
>>
>>337827581
KZM is great. Would have been the perfect portable time waster if only it didn't eat the Vita's battery within 30 minutes.
>>
>>337829634
KZ2 multiplayer was GOAT. No future KZ lived up to it.

I don't understand why console games moved away from lobby-based multiplayer.
>>
K1 is shit
K2 is pretty good
K3 is regular
KSF is shit
KM is the best portable shooter ever created.
>>
I feel like in killzone 2 it had its strongest sense of identity, it was the gunplay, it was the atmosphere the urban,oppresive, nightmarish world and it really felt like the entire planet wanted to kill you.
When I first played the demo for kz2 I thought it was really weird, I had never played a shooter like it before and it felt so heavy!!! there is nothing like it on the market..the gunplay is fantastic! it all feels so savage and brutal!! I just only wish there was more creative multiplayer modes.

Give it a chance! you got to manage your bullet spread and using gun sight/scope will not magically get rid of recoil or bullet spread. It feels good to be good at that game! I had so much pride shooting moving targets with the sniper in that game it was like shooting a frigging elephant rifle!!!

Killzone liberation is a fun romp and online..well you cant play it online now but back then it was a blast! my first online game and I even bought a microphone for it, was nice tight knit community and I made some long lasting friends from it.
>>
>>337830158
the gunplay the unfulfilling, feels so weak but the graphics are incredible and I do appreciate the many different approaches you can take in levels ....but ultimately it is a shooter and in a shooter gunplay should be the main concern..and its pretty much got that grotesque almost auto lock gunplay from call of duty.
>>
Kill zone 3 was amazing. I still play the multiplayer from time to time.

One of the first class based shooters aswell has Latina waifu
>>
>>337832941
Are there still people playing multiplayer?
>>
>>337827581
KZ1 was meh. KZ3 was fun but forgettable. KZ Mercenary was suprisingly cool.

Only played the demo of KZ2. Would like to run through the campaign someday.

I think the KZ series gets a bad rap, to be honest. They're competent games.
>>
>>337833048
Hell yes! I find a game quick status, even in the middle of the night. Kz3 is $3 @ gamestop. Go enjoy it!
>>
>>337830158
You should check your battery.
Mine can going up to 2 hours
>>
>>337827581
I liked Killzone 1 it was decent game
>>
>>337827581
I liked the first game but hated the rest when I learned I was playing the bad guys and never got to play a cool Helghast soldier except for multiplayer.

Helghast were the good guys and Rico should be executed.
>>
>>337833342
I have it, just haven't played it in years and figured it was dead
>>
Is KZM for Vita that good?
>>
>>337833606
It is. Only issue I have with it is melee sucks balls especially in MP. You press Traingle to initiate it when prompted and you have to do a QTE swipe to make it work. Its worse in MP because in the middle of the melee attack, your opponent's teammate can show up and blow your head off.

If you ever play MP, don't bother using melee.
>>
>>337833606
I think it's super cool. Top tier graphics for a hand-held, less linear levels, unlock system that's consistent between singleplayer and multiplayer, and the story actually got me way more interested in KZ's setting than any other game has.
>>
>>337827581

Resistance was the better series by a wide margin.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.