[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just bought the "intro pack" Will the finished game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 4
File: header (1).jpg (19 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header (1).jpg
19 KB, 460x215
Just bought the "intro pack"

Will the finished game be anywhere near as good as Blood Money? It's already better than Absolution but Absolution was cack on toast.
>>
If it keeps the level of quality it has on the first two episodes going all the way through, then it might be up for contention.

Either ways, whether it's better than Blood Money or not, it's a great game and a lot of fun.
>>
>>337826452
There is a crack that unlocks the rest already.
>>
>>337826452
The level design might end up being better than BM, but the mechanics are severely lacking in ways; ie: no human shields.
I think BM will always be the peak though, due to the customization, music, and the flow of the narrative from level to level. This game is fun but it's very disjointed and it's hard to compare to the other games because of it.
>>
>>337830657
In a survey they asked about human shields so things like that can still get added. They've already added things like subduing sitting people and holstering animations because of feedback.
>>
>>337829208
the rest of the levels aren't even finished yet dumbass
>>
>>337832907
human shields are needed for accident kills.
Other things they are missing: blood detection, civilians picking up guns, and of course, the one they won't add in, weapon customization.
Huge shame they won't add that, as this model would have worked perfectly granting cash for customization through feats/challenges and elusives
>>
>>337834602
Don't forget keyholes.
>>
>>337834602
Why is human shield needed for accidents? If anything it was clutch in Blood Money and was one of the reasons why it made BM easy peasy lemon squeeze baby tier game. If you have a hard on for accidents you can just subdue the target and than throw them over the edges etc. In this game its not an instant kill like it is was Absolution when you tried to subdue the target.
>>
>>337834837
I noticed the absence of these as well. I guess they're not really necessary since you can just use cover and open a door and then close it, but I did like looking through keyholes in Hitman 2 and 3.
>>
>>337835114
Knocking people out and throwing them off balconies doesn't count as an accident. Human shield would also make stuff like drowning much easier. On one of their own streams they struggled to drown a target because he wouldn't walk close enough to the toilet.
>>
>>337834837
I did because I never used them, I always just opened the doors and hide beside them

>>337835114
They weren't ez pz, did you ever try accidents only on the mississippi level? Are you sure you can knock them out then throw them over?
>>
>>337836164
>>337836327
Opening the door works, but it's less immersive. Even doors that should be locked, you can just ghost-open them and guards don't care.
>>
>>337836425
it is less immersive, I will grant you that.
>>
>>337836327
>They weren't ez pz, did you ever try accidents only on the mississippi level? Are you sure you can knock them out then throw them over?

I have and it was shit by design. BM has no hight on their railings. You can accident kill anyone who gets near a railing that is even just 50cm from the ground. Plus all of the armed targets are on a guard AI so they walk up to conveniently placed gun next to a railing like a dumb ass and can be pushed over the ledge with ease. Combine that with unlimited suply of coins and there you have it.
>>
>>337836290
I did it in Sapienza with Francesca in her own room while the guard was 3 meters away from her.
>>
>>337837756
hasn't worked for me.

Also another thing I neglected to mention, the rating system. BM's was the best yet. Not only did you get individualized titles, heavily detailed stats, and a newspaper section, it wasn't a moral based score. The new one seems to suggest the reason it is bad to kill an innocent, is that it is bad to kill innocent people. In BM you could kill the entire level's population by accidents and you would get no point reductions.
This made a lot more sense as if people die in accidents there will be no investigation, thus it's there is no reason for collateral fees. It also contributed to the amorality of 47's characterization, which is something I find really refreshing when you contrast it to all the modern games where the protag kills tons of people and it is pretended he is somehow just.
>>
>>337838510
>entire level's population by accidents and you would get no point reductions.
That's because there were no points in Blood Money. You still missed out on the Silent Assassin ranking, which everyone knows is the best you can get.
>>
>>337838510
I don't think 8 "accidents" of a hard core Louisiana gang members on a same ship is not considered suspicious.
>>
>>337839098
>You still missed out on the Silent Assassin ranking
No you didn't. You could slaughter everyone with accidents and get SA.
>>
File: 1.jpg (227 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
227 KB, 1920x1080
>>337839098
That is incorrect, as long as they are accidents you can get Silent Assassin.
>>
The game is not bad, but there are two things that kill it.
1. Always online DRM, I don't understand why is this require for a (mostly) singleplayer game.
2. Episodic format, this game really doesn't benefit from it, with games that focus on a story it would make sense, but not here, not to mention the hype dying down until the proper release, I'm sure the game will end up selling less copies until it releases than what it would make in the first week if it released properly.
>>
>>337839356
>>337839364
Well, that's dumb and shouldn't be the case.
>>
>>337839248
Very strong winds on the river that night
>>
>>337826452
Was pretty disappointed with the intro pack.

Paris is nice. It's big. But really after you finish all that's left is challenge hunting which gets boring quick.

Glad it was only $15.
>>
>he didn't buy the full pack for 15 bucks in the Amazon glitch
>>
>>337839674
I don't see why not, there is no evidence of murder. Isn't that the point?
>>
>>337839954
elaborate
>>
>>337839987
The point is that you don't kill non-targets, you pleb. You make it clean and subtle. You couldn't get Silent Assassin rank by killing non targets in Silent Assassin or Contracts, and rightfully so.
That accident think is probably just a bug.
>>
>>337840086
Amazon goofed and priced the full version the same as the intro pack.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/44704t/amazon_hitman_149975percent_off/
>>
>>337839987
Too many coincidence at the same place. If half the VIPs die from an accident it is way too suspicious. Jason Statham as The Mechanic/ Killer Elite would be impressed.
>>
>>337840285
>You couldn't get Silent Assassin rank by killing non targets in Silent Assassin or Contracts
Actually you could, but only a very limited number of kills was allowed.
>>
>>337840365
Shit, too bad I missed it
>>
>>337840421
Edit: I'm not American so I couldn't have done it anyway, apparently.
>>
>>337840575
You don't need to be american though, you just need to use a US address, it could be a fake one too, I've been buying games from Amazon from years with a random McDonalds address.
>>
>>337840285
>>337840370
I get your point but a certain number should be allowed. Like those in the jacuzzi in better watch out.
>>
>>337840749
Yeah but the credit card address doen't give you problems?
>>
I wish Opportunities were more natural and organic feeling, I miss exploring, wondering what that exclamation mark on the map might reveal, and how I could use it to further my goals.

Also looking at Challenges, Feats, etc basically spoils all the assassination methods and such that you can pull off in the mission as well.

Still, turning off most UI features and notifications, Paris and Spirenza really did feel like Hitman missions again.
>>
>>337840774
What!? No! You just killed like three innocent women. How unprofessional.
>>
>>337840409
Yeah getting one free kill was a fucking godsend of a mercy in Silent Assassin.
>>
>>337840916
Nope, been buying games since at least 2011 with the same fake address and never had any issues, I don't think they even check those.
>>
>>337841169
Thanks, I will take it into account in the future
>>
>>337840986
They were mistreated by Chad too. What a shitty way to go. Get killed by gravity with the same fucker who has been slapping you around the whole night.
>>
>>337840986
>>337841298
47 is not moral, he's not deliberately immoral or sadistic either. However if it's the best way to achieve his goal, and it will be written off as an untraceable accident, he shouldn't care. That's the characterization of 47 I liked and Abomination fucking destroyed.
I fail to see how it is "unprofessional" if it achieves the goal at maximum discretion
>>
>>337841767
He has some level of morality. He cared about Vitorio the priest, he gives some shit for Mei Ling and Agent Smith, the agency contacts he meets on various missions, the pet rabbit he had as a kid when he was in the asylum and Diana even before Absolution. He hides it well.
>>
>>337842613
I don't agree. He only rescued Smith as he was being paid to and he only helped Mei in exchange for the safe info, it was a professional agreement and the best way to get the info. The Vitorio one is slightly more complex, but I don't think the fact that he cared for him disproves that 47 is a psychopath. Fucking with Vitorio was equivalent to fucking with 47 himself, if he hadn't been reliant on Vitorio for a shelter and a cover he wouldn't have done it.
As for the whole bunny thing, isn't that from a book or something? Not sure that's canon.
>>
>>337841767
47 is not moral but he's prideful and he doesn't do a shitty job. He doesn't kill non-targets unless he absolutely has to. No way he would shoot the pool down.
>>
>>337843386
It's not a shitty job at all. All of the news publications and the police would assume it was an accident. The option of pushing Chad off the edge would also be professional but both have the same effect. His focus is whether or not there is any evidence.
Lets not forget how he shot the postman in that cutscene
>>
>>337843386
This.

47 is basically a stoic version of Garrett.
>>
>>337843352
>reliant on Vittoro

He seemed to cope just fine after Vittoro was kidnapped.
>>
File: latest.jpg (10 KB, 398x750) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
10 KB, 398x750
>>337844625
By that I mean he was providing him a cover which he believed to be off the grid.
An interesting side point to bring would be how they found him. I would have to assume the mystery man in the intro cutscene had something to do with that.
>>
>>337843959
Red code my man, he had to kill the postman that time. He didn't have to kill the women.

>>337844143
This guy gets it.
>>
>>337839456
>Episodic Format
I do not think that kills the game. First of all, since the game is so story-light, having to wait one month is not bothersome. On the contrary, it motivates you to thoroughly explore the levels. If the whole game were released in one go, I would probably play each map twice and move on. Meanwhile, I have have had great fun doing everything. Also, I think challenge hunthing is well done. A lot of the time, they require careful planning and work a little like riddles : "How do I get this weapon and lure the target here so that I can kill him with that trap?"
>>
>Paying for this cancerous release schedule.

Truly disgusting you pieces of shit. Justify it. Now.
>>
>>337845908
I think this guy puts it well >>337845908
Hitman is episodic release done right, maybe the first game to pull it off ever.
>>
>>337845908
Hitman games are meant to be replayed and I got more out of one episode of the new Hitman than I do out of most single player games.
>>
>>337845114
I guess, the point is he is willing to do so if required and certain cases it is logical. The current scoring system seems to suggest it's never acceptable.

>>337845908
. it's fun .
>>
>>337846219
>The current scoring system seems to suggest it's never acceptable
Because it never has been acceptable in any of the levels you played in Hitman since Silent Assassin. It'd be stupid if they designed a level where you had to kill someone to kill the target.
>>
>>337845908
Hitman Blood Money is the greatest game ever. Hitman 6 is more of Hitman Blood Money. I can't wait until 2017 until I play more of Blood Money. It's a fun game and I'm glad I pre-ordered it.
>>
>>337846702
I'm not saying you should have to, it should always be possible not to. But if you kill a certain number of people (lets say under 3 or 5) in accidents, it should be possible to get SA like in BM
>>
>>337846219
The ICA's "no non-target kill" rule is a fairly new concept to the series:

>In C47, you were only penalised for killing civvies or cops.

>In 2 and Contracts, you were allowed 1 non-target kill- Any more; and you lost the SA rank.

>BM let you kill anyone as long as their death looked like an accident.

It was Absolution that introduced the" no kill or no SA" rule proper. The other games let you get away with some collateral damage.
>>
>>337847109
Which is why I think it's shit and derived from the idea that 47 has some sort of moral compass and cares about people.
Absolution's greatest sin was that it raped the canon, had it just been a shit game it wouldn't be so bad. Not only did it make everything beyond absurd, yes somehow the latex nuns and other cringeworthy characters are more unrealistic and absurd than the meat king, 47 somehow gained a heart the second he shot Diana. Absolute rubbish, I really hope they don't call back to that game's story other than that one second shot in the montage cutscene.
>>
File: 1457717724231.jpg (27 KB, 610x480) Image search: [Google]
1457717724231.jpg
27 KB, 610x480
>Soviet Base is grade fucking A
>but it's also made out of cardboard
>>
>>337847831
that pissed my off too, I don't even like it in the ship level.
I see what they were going for with it, but it was a terrible idea.
>>
>>337848121
Meh I think it's okay. Also, at some point, you get told not to worry since all weapons are non-lethal and all NPCs are actors... and then you drown them in the toilets or drop a lifeboat onto their head, which is pretty funny.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.