[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Terraria v1.3.1 Release Date Confirmed May 22nd
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7
File: OwZXKqP.gif (2 MB, 1000x300) Image search: [Google]
OwZXKqP.gif
2 MB, 1000x300
Celebrating the 5 year anniversary

http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/1-3-1-release-date.43505/
>>
>>337825525
Shit yes. I'm glad we finally have a date.
>>
File: 1454802478076.gif (907 KB, 500x394) Image search: [Google]
1454802478076.gif
907 KB, 500x394
As if I give a shit about wiring.
Were the fuck is Otherworld?
>>
>>337825525
Only wiring mechanics and controller support
>>
>>337825525
Anyone else make it to end game and do everything when the creator decided to "quit?"

Anyone else have no desire to go back and check out all the new shit?

I'm glad its not really a dead game, but I'd have preferred if he just made a sequel.
>>
>>337825525
fucking finally
is hero gonna stream it again?
i want to see a mental breakdown
>>
I played it to death when the last update came out. I might fire it up when I'm bored or something. Unless they added more stands.
>>
>>337826456
Yes and no. Not just wiring, but pretty much everything engineering-related. For instance, there's an accessory that places actuators with blocks, and a wand that can activate actuators without needing wire signals, which will be great for builders.

This update is going to be fucking amazing for adventure map builders.

>>337826367
Still in development.

>>337826537
Wait so... you haven't played since 1.1?

The fuck, man. The game's like tripled in content since then.

The reason Red up and 'quit' was because he felt the game was at a good and 'complete' state, and that his girlfriend and baby would take priority. It was his girlfriend (now wife) that convinced him to start up development again.

As it stands though I believe Red's now working on Terraria: Otherworld, a spin-off with more cohesive quest/story elements, as well as defence elements and RPG elements. He's got his wife and proteges to keep the game going for a little while longer. Terraria 2 will probably come after Otherworld, or after whatever comes after Otherworld.
>>
Hope /tg/ hosts a buildan server
>>
I hope there is more than what they have told us about. This update is pretty lacking for how long it has been in the works...
>>
>>337827541
I'm sure there will be. They had a whole fuckin' thread dedicated to suggestions for additions to engineering, wiring, and all that jazz. A new wire, an actuator-placing accessory, an actuator wand, gemstone keyholes, a conveyor belt, projectile-sensitive pressure plates and rotatable traps can't be all there is, aside from a few new statues.

I really want to believe they implemented this: http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/sprites-fluorescent-light-beams.10234/
>>
>>337827017
>Wait so... you haven't played since 1.1?
Basically. I enjoyed the fuck out of the game and built an immense fortress filled with shit with some friends.

I remember the reason he quit was for his family, and I vaguely heard about a spin off, but that sounds interesting. Maybe I'll go back and start over in Terraria one day, but it's kind of a bummer thinking about doing everything over again, especially since it'd be alone this time.
>>
>>337825525

>Another fucking Terraria update

Even if it's small god damn, Terraria is the game that just keeps on fucking giving. 5 years later and it's still getting free updates.
>>
>>337828032
Helps that they've got a team that counts under ten members and have made millions of buckaroos from this game.
>>
>2 days before Overwatch is released

Looks like I won't be playing this update very long.
>>
But I just started a new (modded) game.

What's 1.3.1 going to add?
>>
>>337826537
>Anyone else have no desire to go back and check out all the new shit?
You should man. He's added a fuckton of new and nifty shit.

Progression is a hell of a lot more satisfying.
>>
>>337828026
The thing I like about Terraria is that any time it puts out a new version update, it isn't just an extension on the endgame, it also adds a fucktonne of features to the early game. You can access the Summoner class from hunting down Queen Bees, magic is a lot more accessible early game than it used to be, there's mounts to find, you can fish, and so on.

I actually spent like 20 hours on a full fishing run. If you know what you're doing, then you can skip a shit tonne of the early game by fishing in the right places, and you can avoid a lot of negative repercussions of standard progression. For instance, you can just summon the eater of worlds and fish for the shadow orb items, so you never get random goblin invasions or meteors, and if you fish for hardmode ores instead of smashing an altar, random pirates never happen, random mech bosses at night never happen, and you don't get random patches of hallow or corruption all over the world.

>>337828637
Controller support, some engineering stuff, but I expect that they've been withholding a LOT of shit from the teasers.
>>
>>337828853
If engineering stuff is the only shit they add to it I'll probably just keep playing Thorium.
>>
>>337825525
Fuck this is going to make tmodloader outdated for a minimal wire update.
>>
>>337828994
The only mod I've ever been able to bring myself to play was the dual wielding mod that came with the dark souls mod and The Story of Red Cloud.
>>
>>337829275
I'm forcing myself to play Thorium since I've beaten the vanilla game several times. I'm only 20 minutes in so I haven't seen any significant changes.
>>
File: Ärgsplörgls.jpg (6 KB, 240x190) Image search: [Google]
Ärgsplörgls.jpg
6 KB, 240x190
>>337826607
>>
File: AdorableUglyAss.webm (1 MB, 336x234) Image search: [Google]
AdorableUglyAss.webm
1 MB, 336x234
TO THE FUTURE OF ADVENTURE MAPS

>>337829468
You could always download the Portal maps.
http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/portal-gun-puzzles-2-the-sequel.26358/
>>
Live.
LIVE.
>>
>>337825525
Nice
>>
File: Capture 2016-05-16 16_04_48.png (15 KB, 128x160) Image search: [Google]
Capture 2016-05-16 16_04_48.png
15 KB, 128x160
>>337829468
I've been doing the same thing. I've been doing a run through of expert mode with the thorium mod installed, and it's actually pretty cool to be honest. A full run using only throwing weapons is actually viable. Might end up doing another one with summoners.
>>
File: ReMGbU1.gif (942 KB, 294x233) Image search: [Google]
ReMGbU1.gif
942 KB, 294x233
>>
File: Largegem131.gif (1 MB, 300x382) Image search: [Google]
Largegem131.gif
1 MB, 300x382
>>
The game that keeps on giving
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.