[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Console Gaming is Already Dead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: shutterstock_195780725.0.0.jpg (112 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock_195780725.0.0.jpg
112 KB, 1280x720
Why is it so hard for /v/ to come to terms with the fact that video game consoles are living fossils of technology? No company will be in the business of making dedicated video game consoles five years from now. Heck, Nintendo is already moving to mobile. PC gaming might survive a bit longer because of this whole e-sports thing but there is no room for consoles in the future.
>>
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/04/28/sony-ps4-sales-reaches-40-million-units-shipped-17-7-million-were-moved-last-fiscal-year/

LOL
>>
games are more fun on consoles
>>
>>337825470
Sony is pretty much bankrupt at this point.
>>
>>337825470
http://m.ign.com/articles/2016/04/20/shuhei-yoshida-reportedly-unsure-if-there-will-be-a-ps5
http://www.gamesradar.com/sony-arent-sure-there-will-be-a-ps5/

Both articles are from less than a month ago
>>
>>337826770
I don't think the inevitable flopping of PSVR is going to improve things.
>>
>>337825356
Consoles appeal to wider demographic, it's as simple as that. They're underpowered and certainly more primitive than PC gaming, but they're also relatively cheap and more accessible to more people.

Xbone and PS4 have combined sales so far of what, 60+ million units? Yeah, consoles aren't going anywhere for a long time.
>>
>>337827079
>inevitable flopping of PSVR
Lel. Don't get me wrong, I would love VR to fucking bomb before its even alive, the stupid gimmick that it is, but tons of people are going buy PSVR.
>>
But OP, your image implies phones are the future, which are not (for now).

The set top box console is in decline because they keep making them bigger and bigger with less and less games.

The future is actually portable systems.

Mobile/phone environment has yet to create a single new game that's worth anybody's time because nobody takes it seriously.
>>
>>337825356
Microsoft is going to make a cheaper Windows 10 box as a cheaper alternative to PC gaming
Nintendo is going to release a handheld that will probably be in the Wii U/360 ballpark of power
And Sony's going to release a PSVR which will inevitably flop because it isn't required to play fifa or call of duty
>>
>>337827403
People buy PS4s for Fifa and CoD
VR isn't a requirement to play those
And if it is remember just the headset is $399(not including move controls and PS3 Eye) and a used XBONE which also plays fifa and cod can be bought for less that $250
>>
>>337827403
>but tons of people are going buy PSVR
Tons as in thousands. It doesn't appeal to the masses.
>>
>>337827437
>Mobile/phone environment has yet to create a single new game that's worth anybody's time because nobody takes it seriously.
Tell that to the mobile gaming companies that generate more revenue in a month than big console developers like EA manage to scrap together annually.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.