[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
R&C was made in <12 months and was made to appeal to 7-9
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: RCPS4_1.jpg (54 KB, 646x363) Image search: [Google]
RCPS4_1.jpg
54 KB, 646x363
>we needed to make a big game that blew away our previous efforts. It needed to sync up with the just-getting-started film. And we needed to ship it in 10 months to line up with the movie release
>We had only two programmers, and, for the last few months, only one designer

>We knew that Ratchet & Clank would be the first console game for many kids. If all goes well, we thought, it’ll be a formative memory—the beginning of a lifetime of healthy game playing habits.
>we tested the game early and often with 7-9 year olds, even during pre-production. Our first test used greybox geometry to make sure that we were on the right track with the new Clank gameplay. We were encouraged to see that kids could articulate solutions to the puzzles, even if they didn’t understand all of the component pieces.
>Later tests revealed that very young players tended to ignore the right analog stick; they didn’t quite grasp the benefit of moving the camera, and weren’t quite coordinated enough to move two sticks at once. So we designed levels with as few sharp turns as possible. And we created a casual control mode that allowed for movement with the d-pad. This broadened our potential audience
You're literally praising a game designed in a year to appeal to elementary school kids

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/272694/Ratchet__Clank_2016_postmortem.php
>>
>>337822657
>Being surprised that a tie-in movie game was a tie-in movie game.

I'm actually rather impressed. For how little people and time they had they still ended up with something with good graphics and above the normal level of tie-in games.
>>
File: DSP converts to Islam.png (90 KB, 256x330) Image search: [Google]
DSP converts to Islam.png
90 KB, 256x330
>Later tests revealed that very young players tended to ignore the right analog stick; they didn’t quite grasp the benefit of moving the camera, and weren’t quite coordinated enough to move two sticks at once. So we designed levels with as few sharp turns as possible. And we created a casual control mode that allowed for movement with the d-pad. This broadened our potential audience
>>
>>337822657
>mascot platformer tie in with CG animated film
wow you don't say
>>
I hope they've started working on another.
>>
To the Guy I Argued With a While Back Who Said R&C is Not Aimed at Kids: Eat shit idiot.
>>
>>337822657
I'm quite impressed now, that developing time and tiny ass crew. I enjoyed the hell out of that game.
>>
>>337824765
How the fuck do people come up with that?

Even the T-Rated Original Series had plenty of Kid humor in it for the underage. you would have to be touched in the head to think they were ever anything else.
>>
>>337822657
Yeah but it was a fantastic game so who gives a shit, it's not like I was playing the Muppets count to ten the video game.
>>
Honestly kids games have fallen to the wayside since the PS2 era. Its honestly about time AAA kids games starts seeing the light of day again.
>>
Wow they made the game in less than a year? That's honestly impressive, but real talk next R&C better get 2-3 years of development
>>
>>337825881
>AAA

can this meme end? not every game that looks better than an indie game is AAA, especially one that is sold as a budget game at release
>>
>>337822657
Pretty good for only 10 months of dev time. And one of the best movie-tie in games ever.
>>
>>337829724
Well the movie was based on the games to begin with so.....yeah....
>>
That's amazing, to make it on so little. I found it got very repetitive though.
>>
>>337822657
>You're literally praising a game designed in a year to appeal to elementary school kids

So? /v/ praises Nintendo and 90% of that library appeals to the same demographic

Games designed for kids doesn't mean they can't be fun for adults dumb nigga
>>
Disney movies are made mostly with kids in mind and they are usually amazing.
>>
>>337832185
/v/ does not praise nintendo anymore. I dont know what /v/ you browse.
>>
>>337832185
>/v/ praises Nintendo
you just read posts of anons praising nintendo you basic bitch
>>
>>337822657
>You're literally praising a game designed in a year to appeal to elementary school kids

Don't most of our favorite games fall under this?
>>
>>337827817
You know that R&C games on PS2 were released almost yearly, right?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.