[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone know if the PC port of the original prototype works
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8
File: Alex-Evolved-w.jpg (671 KB, 1280x783) Image search: [Google]
Alex-Evolved-w.jpg
671 KB, 1280x783
Does anyone know if the PC port of the original prototype works on steam?
Bought prototype 2 only to learn the hard way that it's a broken piece of shit. But I need me some mass destruction and can still buy P1 if it works, at least the reviews seems better.
>>
>>337822356
Look for the resolution fix on google. It works though. I also had no issues with Prototype 2. What seems to be the problem?
>>
>>337823861
At first it wouldn't even start. Then I found some files I could replace and it booted up, but now it's stuck in a loading loop after the first cutscene.
>>
Don't know why the fuck you would even skip 1 in favor of 2. 2 is universally hated dogshit.
>>
>>337822356
prototype 1 is the worse game
>>
>>337822356

He needs more popped collars.
>>
>>337823861
It's a bodge job with a fairly nasty memory leak.
>>
>>337824720
P2 was cheaper than P1, right in the jew.
Why is P2 hated tho?
>>
>>337822356
>Does anyone know if the PC port of the original prototype works on steam?
Worked great for mme.
Got bored quickly though
>>
>All the powers in 2 are all tendrilly and glowy instead of the dark insect look they had in one.
Shame, also armour mode looks fucking 10/10
>>
>>337822356
Prototype 1 worked fine for me, I'm on windows 7/970/i5

Prototype 2 also worked but holy fuck it was a trash game compared to 1. No one wanted to play as some no name nigger soldier, should have continued as Mercer.
>>
>>337824981
Reduced movement options.
Shit story with a terrible protag.
Fighting big infected is even less fun than before.
>>
File: 1426841852828.gif (6 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1426841852828.gif
6 KB, 200x200
>prototype 3 is announced
>female goth protag
>we bayonetta now
>just cause 2 tier map
>new powers like murderball and seduction
>fast travel and infecting cars to road rage
>unlocking sweet skins
One can dream.
>>
Why didn't they focus more on the fact that Mercer became more and more of a gesalt consciousness as the game went on?
Him getting a moral compass by eating better people than him was neat as fuck
>>
File: 2ds2.png (17 KB, 954x471) Image search: [Google]
2ds2.png
17 KB, 954x471
>hey guys let's release a remaster of the games for the new consoles
>it's somehow more broken than the original
>>
File: 1233624854234.jpg (233 KB, 700x950) Image search: [Google]
1233624854234.jpg
233 KB, 700x950
Does anyone remember how utterly disappointing it was when P2 came out? I remember the threads, everyone was hyped as fuck. Everyone was talking about how cool the story will be, people saying that it was obvious that Mercer was playing some sort of long game to draw out Blackwatch, or that the Mercer in P2 was actually a break away colony from the real mercer after the nuke that was obsessed with revenge. Or that he was turning people into lesser versions of him to create a team of people to take on Black Watch and Pariah.

Then the game came out.
>Angry black protag who literally cannot say a word without an expletive before and after
>treats the people who try to help him find his daughter like utter shit
>constantly breaks shit and even makes the situation worse because MUH DAUGHTER FUCK SHIT ASSHOLE!
>Mercer became a villain for what amounts to no reason
>they try to justify it with a comic, saying that after eating so many bad people he has came away with a negative view of humanity
>which implies that everyone he consumed was 100% unrepentant evil who kills puppies for laughs, even the most evil person still loves someone
>not to mention all the normal folks he consumed such as Marines just doing their job trying to save Manhattan
>no expansion to the original story, where the fuck is Pariah?
>the awful Blackwatch redesigns going from elite spec op government types to HAIL HYDRA comic book enemies
>>
Might as well just buy an old 360 to be sure the game works.
>>
File: 20160423170239_1.jpg (242 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
20160423170239_1.jpg
242 KB, 1440x900
>>337822356
100~ hours over the years and three computers; never had any problems with the first Prototype. Well not entirely true, the audio was always at half volume compared to the rest of my system but that's it.

Out of curiosity, do you have an AMD card? Catalyst causes Prototype 2 to shit itself completely but if you disable catalyst through your registry, it will perform how its supposed to. Thankfully that was the only technical problem I had with the sequel and it was solved with just ten minutes of research. But I've seen the stories of multiple missions breaking and other issues.
>>
>>337827613
Got a GTX 960 and only got the game to start after almost two hours of problem shooting and thread hunting.
Still stuck in loading but guess I'll give P1 a chance.
>>
>>337824981
I'm playing through P2 and the movement mechanics seem far worse, also the upgrade system is really weird and a clear downgrade than the previous one.
>>
>>337824806
false

>>337822356
Just pirate it, I never actually bought it since I was a child when it came out. If I remember right Prototype 2 required me to make the game run on only 1 core or something for it to work.
>>
File: popped collar.jpg (98 KB, 561x602) Image search: [Google]
popped collar.jpg
98 KB, 561x602
>>337828262
Well shit I'm sorry to hear about the trouble P2 gave you but I'd say the first shouldn't give you any trouble. You could probably find a torrent for it, see if it gives you shit. That's what I did when it first released and had no trouble, later got it on sale for another playthrough.

>>337828818
In my opinion I think P2 simplified the movement a little too much. On top of that, I think they gave Heller significantly higher caps for the distance he could cover. Really, they simplified everything but in the end it didn't bother me too much; my go-to with Alex was Muscle mass and the cannonball technique. With Heller is was a one two with the tendrils and then claws or the blade; so I just swapped out one powerful combo for another.
>>
>>337828932
Can it be done with no install and just a launch button? I can't into demon tools or that hacker bullshit.
>>
File: 1425038859748.png (49 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1425038859748.png
49 KB, 500x500
>mfw armor and hammerfists
>>
Has anyone tried emulating Hulk Ultimate Destruction? although I'm probably not going to find any torrents for that.
>>
Am i alone wishing that Activision would commission a new Prototype to Platinum Games? They seem to be the ideal guys for a new one.
>>
File: 1411326371834.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1411326371834.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>337829568
>Musclemass providing purpose to all those goofy little combat techniques you could purchase but never had a reason to use after the first two hours

Field kicking infected into strike helicopters well into the final missions never got old to me
>>
Hulk: Ultimate Destruction 2 when?
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.