[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you ever get the sudden craving to play MMORPG? Its kind of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 10
File: MMORPG[1].jpg (454 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
MMORPG[1].jpg
454 KB, 1680x1050
Do you ever get the sudden craving to play MMORPG? Its kind of like getting a craving for junk food or something, you know its bad for you and its not really that good and you'll get sick of it quickly based on past experience, but you just feel like indulging yourself. Sometimes I get that, just wake up with that craving, like I just wanna play a really shitty MMORPG. Create a new character, do some quests, buy some good armour.

Anyone else know what I'm talking about?
>>
FUCK YEAH , especially a MMO I would get invest in , not the junk we have today
>>
>>337818935
One day I was so board I literally downloaded the browser for 2007scape, and spent like 2 hours fishing, just for a nostalgia rush before I started wondering "what am I doing with my life."
>>
I would love nothing more.

Used to play Ragnarok with /v/, that was the tits. Played Lineage II a long while back. Not even sure what I could run on my toaster(the thing's from 2000 fucking 2, christ.)

Everything that runs on junk is either empty or full of hue hues.

What do /v/? Should we do something about it?

Would love to play with /v/ again, you guys are alright.
>>
>>337818771
Yea fuck you and that feeling. I bought FFXIV on PS4 because of this, played it for a week, and never touched it again. I just wanted to kill cool shit and find cool armour and weapons and whatever, but nope '' Hey warrior, could you, like, take this thing I've got here and give it to that guy standing right over there 10 feet away from me OKTHX XD''. Fucking fuck.
>>
File: 6lyKnVG.jpg (495 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
6lyKnVG.jpg
495 KB, 1280x1024
Sure but for me I know it's simply nostalgia. MMORPGs aren't REALLY fun, I was just in a period in my life where it was fresh and new and all my friends were playing it. Fire up any random MMO today alone and you're in for a tedious lonely time.
>>
Pretty much once a year I create an original Runescape name just to abandon the account after three hours. Next year I forgot what name I use so I repeat.

Maplestory been having "hot times" where you can get free cash shop items. I now have like 30 character slots and a total of like 12 storage slots in a world without paying for a single one. The sad thing is my highest character at the given moment is like level 30 and his name is literally GiftBoxMule or something along those lines. The character only exist to open those boxes which require a level 30 character. All of my real characters often get deleted so I can try out the content that been revamp for the 100th time. Not that it matters, you can reach level 100 in a day easily.
>>
File: 9854a663ecd723fc2cdc4120638a1fb5.jpg (311 KB, 1075x1434) Image search: [Google]
9854a663ecd723fc2cdc4120638a1fb5.jpg
311 KB, 1075x1434
>>337818771
Yeah, nothing could recreate my experience of being a young middle schooler and learning the ropes of mmo's like Guild Wars and Runescape.

I tried out the ff14 free trial, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. My only gripe was that it was very quiet in most places, not a lot of local chat going on.

>tfw you will never experience "fishing levels?" ever again
>>
The thing MMOs really do for me is immersion. I got so lost in every zone I got to when I booted up WoW for the first time back in 2007. The music, the art, the fact that I felt like I could go ANYWHERE, it all really clicked with me in a way that single player open world games don't.

If I can find a new MMO that can make me spend as much time doing nothing as I did in WoW, I'll be a happy man. I don't need to be productive, I don't need to maximize my levelling efficiency. I just need to lose myself in the now running around comfy zones exploring and doing a quest here and there.
>>
>>337820490
my nigga, I'm looking for the same shit but every MMO now is a fucking themepark with nothing interesting to look at
>>
File: eveonline.jpg (174 KB, 716x565) Image search: [Google]
eveonline.jpg
174 KB, 716x565
EVE is entertaining if the character has like 15M+ SP.. even if it's coming directly from the wallet.
>>
File: 24.jpg (12 KB, 249x213) Image search: [Google]
24.jpg
12 KB, 249x213
I still play WoW, but honestly it's so unfulfilling, only reason I still play is to make money doing carries, I've tried so many different MMOs, and they're all just...the same

>Slow/boring combat
>Too easy
>Invisable walls everywhere
>All areas were instanced (Fuck this the most)
>All dungeons were slow and uneventful
>Dead playerbase
>Doesn't feel rewarding at all

This has been every MMO I've played, the only MMO that ever truly felt fun was vanilla WoW, and with both Nos and Kronos gone, there's nothing left to really do but wait and hope...

I know I know "Kronos is coming back next Tuesday" Yeah...sure it is...
>>
>>337820490
It was better without vanilla quest helpers. Sure, it can be checked out on the internet, but inherent waypoints completely undermine exploration.
>>
>>337819909
>40v40
Class tuning wasn't made for this. It's overwhelming already at 15v15.

>MMOs can't be fun
Sure they can. Content. It's just about not having played the whole of the game over and again, while it's simultaneously more awful.
>>
>>337819909
Oh man I remember Zodd
Funny guy even tho he OS'd my priest at kargath
I think he was grinding HK or something and was in shadowmeld and I decide to sit just next to him and watch him kill some bypassers
>>
Playing WoW BGs seems super hollow right now. There's so little to do at max level that's progression / not gated by fuck tons of grinding and lockouts. The professions are such a meme.
>>
I got the craving a few months ago, been playing a rogue on WoW for 3 months now, every day, all day, and I'm still only I'm level 75 I've been doing so much, hunting achievs, leveling professions playing minigames, having fun, yeah I could blast through to 100 on a new char in a week or so but I'm having fun with my renewed interest in this
>>
>>337821218
>all areas instanced

yep fuck that, i hate how most mmos do this now, makes the world feel small as fuck
>>
Come anons, join me in Black Desert. Let's become strong and start killing noobs together.
>>
Yeah then I pirate WoW for the 20th time, play it for a couple hours and remember how garbage the game is. I can't wait for a decent MMO to release either
>>
File: 1448900870710.png (354 KB, 626x683) Image search: [Google]
1448900870710.png
354 KB, 626x683
>>337819313
im one of those guys that join /v/ and /vg/s guilds and then never talk but you can count me in that thing.
>>
File: 554.jpg (6 KB, 162x312) Image search: [Google]
554.jpg
6 KB, 162x312
>>337822004
>I can't wait for a decent MMO to release either

You're gonna be waiting a loooooooong time, my friend...
>>
So, sorta topical, but I want to get some input on this;

I picked up Elder Scrolls Online for $10 because why not, and it's given me something to do for the last little bit, but I find I have one major problem with it that really nails down exactly why I find myself missing WoW (which I haven't played in years).

It's not the combat, it's not the questing, it's not the graphics. What it is at it's heart is the movement and controls. When I play ESO, all the animations feel slow and clunky. I can't jump and control my trajectory (either I jump while running to clear barriers, or I jump without running and I'm locked into an up-and-down), and even basic things like jumping onto a roof or a rock formation is impossible because you can't land on it, you just get this slow free-falling animation as you slide off.

This is subtle stuff, but what it adds up to is that I don't feel like this world is mine. I don't feel like I can explore or traverse as I please, I feel like I'm walking around a set that I'm being permitted to play in, but no one thought "Hey, maybe someone might want to land on a roof."

That's my problem. WoW wasn't perfect or spectacular, but it didn't cut corners in areas of actually interacting with the world. It felt like a world you had reign over.

When an MMO manages to recapture that, we'll talk, but I think it won't ever happen.
>>
>>337818771
Literally the only reason I ever launch an MMO nowadays is to scratch the itch, to feed the beast.
>>
>>337818771
Why not play a Diablo-like?
>>
File: 17357854837585.gif (653 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
17357854837585.gif
653 KB, 500x281
Which MMO should I play?
GW2 has boring characters and you need to pay for anything interesting
XIV has shit PvP
WoW is shallow
BnS is shit
BDO is Archeage 2.0
OSRS is okay but its barely a game

I checked everywhere I could and it appears there's no signs of any MMOs releasing any time soon.

What do? ;_;
>>
>>337823212
You want a game that doesn't exist my man.
Currently there really is no truly great MMO. Thanks to WoW all the good ones tanked and all of the new ones are trying to copy WoW.
>>
>>337818771
Vanguard is f2p and it is bretty good, but it is also semi old, so don't be surprised with the graphic from 2008, but on ultra it looks better than uncharted.
>>
>>337820172
>tfw you will never experience "fishing levels?" ever again

Didn't that only get asked for personal benefit instead of interest?
>>
>>337820490
Were you the kind of person that would read quest descriptions?
>>
File: l2-dark-elf-female3.jpg (63 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
l2-dark-elf-female3.jpg
63 KB, 800x1000
>>337819313
My first MMO was Lineage2 followed by WoW. L2 had some smoking hot females even the muscular orc females. Overall it was a damn grindfest though, which prompted me to move onto the oh-so-casual WoW. I used to laugh every time someone said WoW and hard in the same sentence. Kinda sad I missed out on Everquest in its heyday but I doubt they'd want a little shit like me hanging around (I was 15 when I started WoW). Pic related came as a poster with the L2 box.
>>
>>337823212
Ehh...there really isn't anything, the latest MMO I tried out was ESO, I know...I know, but I got it for free so I said fuck it, it's not THAAAAT bad, I think it's the only MMORPG that let's you play in first person which is kind of cool.
>>
>>337823914
Neocron 2.
>>
Which game in OP pic?
>>
>>337824008
RIFT
>>
>>337824037
Fuck how did I not recognise? I even played it at launch thinking, fuck wow this shit looks cool

I even remember the adverts on the telly
"you're not in azeroth anymore"
>>
Are there other MMO with good quests like runescape?

It is 2016 and their shitty game is still on java and look like crap
>>
>>337824127
Same m8 RIFT was great fun for me for about a year had a ton of cool things in the game and some of the best dungeons in any MMO too bad it went to shite real quick
>>
>>337819174
kek, this is why i can't play anymore.
>>
File: every MMO UI ever.png (89 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
every MMO UI ever.png
89 KB, 1280x720
>>337818771
>>
>>337818771
World of Warcraft really let itself go jesus christ it looks like complete shit. I don't even remember it looking this bad, you probably have a garbage PC though, that would explain it.
>>
>>337823212
I picked up a EVE trial recently and it hooked me more than any MMO out. Not great game, but their upcoming games look great
>>
>>337826164
i wonder if it will summon him.
>>
Yea, it's like an itch. Ever since RS3 shit the bed I've been looking. Everyone says "Play Old school Runescape!" and I'm not throwing away my character to start over, also its not the same. There's a whole new meta of people whipping eachother with identical stats to gamble money in the duel arena and shit.

The only MMO I found that scratches my MMO itch is Gorgon Online, after years of looking.
>>
>>337826164
If that's not World of Warcraft then whatever it is should be sued into oblivion. Did you even look at the screen shot? This scam is absolutely identical to WoW in every way possible.
>>
>>337826984
Looks more like a dozen MMO's than it does WoW. WoW has a distinct cartoon style, this has a gritty dark style with two tons of gloss plastered over it.
>>
I am currently suppressing the urge to resub to FFXIV.
I have no friends to play with so it gets boring after a couple of weeks.
I also play DPS because I don't know how to Tank/Heal so queue times are extremely long for me.

Love the game, just can't play it solo.
>>
>>337818771
I am always subscribed to EVE so if I get the urge I can just play it
>>
>>337826984
It's Rift.
Make by some old WoW devs if I remember correctly.
Don't see any reason why it should be sued though. It's not illegal for something to look similar to something else.
>>
>>337827186
Are you really trying to say this doesn't look like WoW? and as for the gritty dark style, in WoW just go to Duskwood. In fact, I'm pretty convinced OP's screenshot is in Duskwood. Look at the NPC's standing there and the font of the floating names. Nigga you need glasses.
>>
>>337822684
I actually really enjoyed ESO, but I didn't really know what the end goal was, I was just going from place to place completing quests having no idea what I was actually doing. It would have been fun if I had friends on xbox to play it with so I could have done dungeons as well
>>
>>337818771
Yeah for some reason I kinda want to start on a new RO private server or something. Maybe ill just wait for the new d2 ladder though.
>>
>>337827839
The completionist in me is enjoying just sorta going around and picking up everything and doing every quest, because I really like looking at the map and seeing "You saved did X" there telling you about the things you did at each place, I think that's a cool touch.

But obviously there's no real driving force, though I'm only level 20-something, so who knows what will happen when I get through all the zones.
>>
>>337828197
I haven't been on in a while but I think I was 20 something, in the area past Valenwood. I'd gotten a mount too, might go back on sometime and look for people to play with
>>
>>337827691
Looks like WoW the way Battlefield looks like CoD, of course they looks similar they are the same genre, but look at it for more than 5 seconds and you should very clearly be able to tell that is not WoW, even if you haven't played either.

My money would say that is Rift or something, never played Rift and haven't played WoW in years.
>>
>>337818771
Is this Return of reckoning???
I'am interested in the server , is this any good?
>>
I'm craving a time sinking mmo right now, anyone know an mmo that has fun pvp with engaging combat. Honestly i only care about end game pvp in a mmo.
>>
>>337831702
you could try Blackrock on Warmane if you are into WotLK
>>
>>337832101
i had a 60 warrior on nostalrius, so im a bit nervous getting back into a private server.
>>
>>337832406
there is no leveling
you start at max level and (almost) best gear
it's pure pvp
must bug-free wotlk server I have ever seen, previously known as arena-tournament
>>
>>337820867

Eh you can get away with less than that, those 5% gains from having level 5 in all support skills aren't really that important and that is in solo PVP even, the value of SP diminishes fast the more allies you have. More just lets you fly more roles.

Plenty of fun to be had with Tech 1 ships.
>>
>>337819313

L2 recently came back from the grave with classic servers for EU with 2.0 chronicle
>>
>>337832686
link?
is it to late to get into this game if i never played it before?
>>
I kinda feel the need to play some RO while I look for a job. Even considering keknewal of all things, just to experience it and say one way or another whether I like it or not.
But I'm not sure what servers people are on, and the general imploded in on itself with shitposting cliquery.
>>
>>337819564
don't do quests/sidequests then? you have hunting logs, sightseeing logs, crafts, gathering, dungeons, guildhests, class quests, fates, bounties, leves and you can be any class or job you want. there is legit no reason for you to do quests aside from main ones for progression's sake.
>>
>>337833516
It might just be the end man. I've been looking for a new pserver myself but I just dont see any good ones.
>>
>>337834016
Hmm.
Might be best to wait until ToS bombs and everything finally quiets.
>>
>>337818771
not at all because before the craving even begins it instantly reminds me of how shit they are

maybe if developers would pull their head out of their asses and designed something that people actually wanna play and not some failed money making simulator
>>
>>337832604
They got rid of those and now skill injectors are a thing. Cost about 590m on the market and give new charcters under 6m so 500,000 free sp to inject in any skill you want.

EvE is pretty good at the moment with new sov mechanics. Tons of greifing and pvp available. Money making is easy too now adays. You can pay for your accounts with passive PI income.
>>
>>337835094
I never could figure out how to reliably PI a bil every month. Plus it was a pain to set up if your corp ever moved. Shit I still just do combat anoms for isk.
>>
>>337827342
>I also play DPS because I don't know how to Tank/Heal so queue times are extremely long for me.

how? dpsing is legit the hardest part, especially on shit like monks where your position matters a lot and you pretty much have to adjust rotations and strategies on the fly to account for changes during the fight, on top of having to watch for buffs/debuffs.

tank is about as simple as it gets. so long as you get the hate and stop shit from going after everyone else, you're already doing it right. from there you only improve as you manage to dish out damage/apply debuffs on top of keeping hate, or managing the amount and closeness of enemies to make shit easier for your dps guys.so long as you remember your prio is pulling hate and not dealing damage you're alright.

healing is also pretty fucking simple. so long as your tank has enough HP to keep tanking, enough TP to keep pulling hate and is mostly free of bad shit like paralysis/stun, you're doing what a healer is supposed to do (iirc not all healer classes replenish TP in which case keeping debuffs off and healing is enough). add to that occasionally healing the rest of the team as needed, maybe providing TP for dps guys, and occasionally refilling protect and such buffs and commendations will be raining down on you.

i play dps because i don't like being a tank or a healer/support but having played those classes i'd rank it DPSing right>=tanking right>healing right >DPS wrong =tanking wrong >>>>>>>>>healing wrong (i'm not even sure how the fuck you heal wrong)

the equal is to account for the fact some of dps classes like BLM feel easier than ones like lancer/monk. ranged DPS s probably easier in general thanks to you being usually farther from risk, thus having more room to focus on keeping up the damage.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.