[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, remember when you thought i was shit before the release?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution.jpg (315 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution.jpg
315 KB, 1920x1200
Hey guys, remember when you thought i was shit before the release?
>>
>>337818274
*before the leak
>>
It was complete shit after the leak too. The Daikatana of the Tomb Raider series.
>>
>>337818274

/v/ thinks everything is shit before release
>>
>Mankind Divided
>4OOM
>The New Order
>Yooka-Laylee

I'm happy we're finally reaching the mid-90's revival period of nostalgiafag games.

These are the types of games I imagined the future would be like back then.
>>
>>337818274
it still wasn't good though

just not shit
>>
But it was shit until the Director's Cut release that removed the piss filter.

It's not bad, but it's still not great, either. Power management system is bad (even the improved version in the DC), regenerating health is poorly done, quick-time events for hand-to-hand combat sucks, and while it does have a good balance of progression and free-roam hubs, most of the combat zones and stealth are bullshit follow-the-rails rides because it's designed like a typical cover shooter.

The game sadly has almost no replayability besides getting an itch for the cyberpunk aesthetic. All-around it is worth a play, but it hardly stacks up to its predecessor.
>>
>>337820974
Do you happen to know if the regular version of the game automatically upgrades to Director's Cut, or do I have to buy that separately?
>>
File: Adam.jpg (1 MB, 2811x3733) Image search: [Google]
Adam.jpg
1 MB, 2811x3733
and compared to the original we were right
>>
>>337821119
It doesn't.
>>
>>337821582
God dammit.

Just checked the Steam forums and a lot of folks are still butthurt about it, but a lot of people are also saying "good, the original is superior anyways", and I don't know how much of that is legit and how much is sour grapes.
>>
>>337822440
original has better textures
>>
It's worse than the original but there's lots to like in it. Unfortunately there's plenty to dislike too, like the shoehorned-in boss fights that were outsourced to another company.
>>
>>337822440
Directors cut has serious performance issues. On a gtx 980 and an i5 at 3.2ghz with 8gb of ram i would get severe frame drops.

The game could run at 144+fps but it would drop sporadically to 60, 40, 27 etc.

Capped at 60 and it made it more bearable but still the drops sucked and would fuck up my aim and immersion
>>
>>337821119
IIRC they had a temporary 75% off for the owners of Human Revolution. Now it isn't discounted.
>>
File: image.jpg (9 KB, 242x157) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9 KB, 242x157
>>337818274
>people think desu sex is an accurate depiction of the future

It's 2016. We have 11 years to get to deus ex level.

The best myoelectric prosthetics we have typically have 2 or 3 degrees of freedom and you need to manually shift grips/stances with your nonfucked limbs.

Do you know how many degrees of freedom a real human hand has? 27.

Deus ex wont happen for another 2 lifetimes.
>>
>>337823257
>implying the future is in 11 years and not every second
>>
>tfw you tried starting this game 4 times but you get bored after 40minutes

fuck this game desu
>>
File: girlbot.webm (831 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
girlbot.webm
831 KB, 720x404
>>337823257
I dunno anon, if more companies stop being pure jew profit, I think there could be some serious advances in the field. Robotics is getting pretty crazy right now.
>>
>>337823257
>people think desu sex is an accurate depiction of the future

noone thinks that
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.