[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you rate this? How's the PC support for this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: 7115A2m702L._SL1500_.jpg (73 KB, 1500x1096) Image search: [Google]
7115A2m702L._SL1500_.jpg
73 KB, 1500x1096
How would you rate this?

How's the PC support for this?

I have a Wii U and was thinking about getting it but I would mainly use it on my couchstation, read some time ago it's better then both PS4/Xbox One controllers, was that a meme or is it so?
>>
My favourite controller. Very comfortable to use.
>>
It's very comfortable
It's got an incredible battery life
Personally I like the layout of the controller, though some may prefer asymmetrical analog sticks
The triggers are digital, I don't mind that but other people might want analog triggers
>>
battery life is insane
>>
>>337807582
Bumping for the pc support. Is it just non existant? Or is it a pain in the ass?
>>
>>337809264
I think you need a bluetooth adapter

might wanna read up on that
>>
>>337807582
Its a nintendo product, of course /v/ will say its the best.
>>
>>337809264
you need this
http://www.amazon.com/Mayflash-Wireless-Wii-Controller-Adapter/dp/B00E6553PW
>>
>>337807582
it feels rickety and cheap like most nintendo stuff.
Almost all of the buttons feel wierd and unsatisfying.
If you want a PC controller, Xbox360 is the best you can get for your money.
As far as WiiU goes, you don't have many options, as third party controllers are even worse.
I think there are GC controllers for WiiU, i'd go with that tbph.
>>
I use mine all the time. In my opinion, it's the best controller ever made. D-Pad is great, it's perfect for my hands, buttons feel great, and has a dedicated power button so you won't fuck with trying to turn off the controller by ejecting batteries or pressing and holding the home button which always opens big picture mode on Steam.

The battery life is insane. I've had mine for almost 2 years and i've charged it less than 20 times.

However, it has a few flaws.

The first flaw is digital triggers, as opposed to analog triggers. Digital components only send 0 or 1, while analog can send anything between the two values, like .65 lr something. This means that you can't play racing games well. However I think it's better for certain games which require better button pressing.

The second flaw is the sticks feel strange for FPS games. Not sure how to describe it.

Last flaw is the glossy finish. It's not so bad if you keep your hands clean.

As for PC support, you can get it to work with a Bluetooth dongle + SCP Server, Toshiba Bluetooth Stack, and WiiUNSoft. It's a huge hassle to setup and use that way. I just use the mayflash adapter, which has Xinput support.

Overall I highly recommend it.
>>
>>337809873
Wii U pro controller is 200 times better than Xbox 360 controller, I own both.
And no, you can't play on Wii U with gamecube controller, there is an adapter but you can play like 3 games with that, they never added support to other games...
>>
EIGHTY PLUS HOURS BATTERY LIFE
>>
>>337809873
>Feels rickety and cheap

Oh wow really? just like the xbox one
>>
>>337809873
>Almost all of the buttons feel wierd and unsatisfying.
Did you just start playing video games?
>>
>>337810413
Except that the 360 controller is actually rock solid, whereas the WiiU controller rattles and flexes nearly as bad as the 3ds.
There is a reason why nintendo stuff is always so cheap, because it's cheaply made.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt5ETE7eRgQ
>>
Is the wii classic controller good for emulation?
>>
>>337807582
I love it
>>
>>337812395
Yes. It's basically a SNES pad with some extra buttons and two analog sticks. Although the GameCube style shoulder buttons might bother you, in which case you should buy the Classic Controller Pro which got rid of them.

The Mayflash adapter is pretty good for connecting the controllers, although you might want extension cables due to the short leads, and the drivers are ok, but I had some issues (random restarts) with the older model's drivers in Win 7. I ended up using generic drivers instead, which solved the issue, but I'd still recommend getting the newer model (PC052).
>>
>>337809708
I have that it works awesome. Plug it in and sync it with the controller and that's it.
>>
>>337809708
I also have this. Works fine.
It has a sync button, like the wii u, to connect it to the pc.
The controller is pretty good and has a surprisingly long battery life. It's comfortable, but as others pointed out, the triggers are analog and you might prefer a different button layout.
>>
>>337817441
I meant that triggers are not analog.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.