[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where do you go to buy older games, anons? All I know are Amazon,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
Where do you go to buy older games, anons? All I know are Amazon, eBay, FUCKING GAMESTOP, and Craigslist, but I feel like there's probably a place out there dedicated to selling games that isn't Gamestop that I don't know about. I really just want to see if I can find the GameCube Resident Evil games at decent prices.
>>
>>337806146
@gameswappers maybe?
>>
CEX (used store for electronics) for console games, GOG or Steam for PC or i just pirate it.
>>
>>337806146
Flea Markets and the few not-GameStop game stores.

in other words, it's pretty much down to luck these days, unless you just purchase those digital re-releases.
>>
>>337806146
i could sell you mine if you were german
>>
This store called 2nd & Charles. Has tons of old stuff. Usually not very good stuff, but if you're diligent it yields some gems.

Otherwise just the Internet.
>>
I just emulate them.

Or if were talking PS1 games, i'll sometimes buy them on the Playstation Vita store and play them that way.
>>
>>337806372
Will check them out.
>>
>>337806398
Fuuuuck. I want to play them on my CRT. RE0 looks great so far. Really hopeful for REmake and the PS2 SMT games.
>>
eBay and Amazon are probably the cheapest, but there are usually brick and mortar game stores around.

They do typically charge an arm and a leg for anything good.
>>
Just stick to ebay, or at the very least amazon. Any store outlet will mark up retro shit unreasonably. Flea markets are also often good; back in the early y2k, but probably not anymore.
>>
>>337806584
Alas, anon. I am not German. How are things in Germany, though? I heard the country was going kind of crazy.
>>
>>337806816
I did that for FFVII/VIII. I just really want RE2, 3, & CVX on GameCube to complete my collection since I've got RE0, REmake, and RE4 in the system already.
>>
>>337806584
Not OP, but do they have full English mode?
I got a PAL system
>>
>>337807073
>>
>>337807270
Not him, but I would assume so? Don't most PAL games have several different language options?
>>
See if you can't find a local store. Ask around, Google, that sort of thing. The atmosphere in those places is so cozy and eventhough you'll probably just find 9,000 copies of Madden 06 you get surprises every now and then. I saw a couple japanese N64 games come into mine last week.
>>
>>337807242
RE2 and 3 on Gamecube might be the best versions of those games. But the remaster of Resident Evil 0 is probably the better version of that game. And it is undisputeable that the 2014 PC version of Resident Evil 4 is the best version of that game.

Basically if you like video games don't just buy them to jerk off your shelf penis get the best version.
>>
>>337808267
>The atmosphere in those places is so cozy
Tennessee must be the exception. In all three of the used game stores I've been to, none of the owners showed the least bit of interest in games, or even in talking to their customers for any purpose beyond making a sale. Or maybe it's just the Hendersonville/Gallatin area.
>>
>>337808647
I have the Origins Collection on PS4, but I've had those two games on GC for about a decade now, and I've always wanted RE2, 3, & CVX on GC because of how cool it would be to play them on that system and with that controller.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.