[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
10 hours into witcher 3 and while i think its a good game. I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 11
File: maxresdefault.jpg (283 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
283 KB, 1280x720
10 hours into witcher 3 and while i think its a good game. I also think its grossly overrated and misleading on pregame advertising in that its supposed to be a huge open world with no loading times. When in reality its not that open worlded, but a series of maps that do require loading times to travel between, much like inquisition. In fact this game is very similar to inquisition in alot of aspects. Which was also a good game.

But. I was expecting something new and amazing with perfect review scores and all the hype. I am severely let down. I will take a last gen skyrim over this for a few reasons.

1. The one map open world of skyrim was amazing.

2. The quests and dialogue of skyrim is unmatched, from killing an orphanage headmaster, uncovering mage school plots, thieves guild quests, demon quests, cisero lol, on top of the main storyline, etc.

3. 1st person is awesome. Even the dull melee combat of skyrim feels fun in 1st person. But ofc using magic was much more fun and varied.

4. Level system in skyrim is also unmatched imo. Even inquisition had a better leveling system imo.

Witcher 3 has good graphics, good story n quests, good combat, good crafting, etc but just doesnt live up to its hype nor surpass skyrim in any way for me. What u guys think?
>>
The Witcher 3 strays too far into Ubisoft open world collectathon territory for me.
>>
>>337804268
kek
>>
>>337804663

That's the impression I got from the gameplay footage.

It was like looking at reskinned asscreed.
>>
>>337804268
>posting this bait again
>>
>>337804268
>quests and dialogue of skyrim is unmatched
lol dude, worst bait in weeks tbqh
>>
I think I saw this exact same post yesterday.
>>
>>337804268

Skyrim was dog shit because Bethesda made it using their same old tired 15 year old game engine.

The dialogue was contrived, you heard the same 8 assholes voicing hundreds of NPCs, the towns were pitiful, 4 houses and a barn does not a bustling city make. It crashed all the god damn time, randomly, it bugged out constantly forcing you to reload a save, breaking your immersion.

The only thing that might save it are mods, but that makes the game even less stable and more prone to crashing/bugging out unless you spend more time modding it than actually playing it.

Fuck Bethesda, fuck the gamebryo engine, and fuck you mouth breathing sock puppets who think Skyrim/Fallout 3-4 are the second coming of Christ. You tasteless, shit eating buffoon.
>>
>>337807396
I do not understand people who praise Skyrim so much. It is not even well made. The fucking game looks like shit if you scrape the surface and all dungeons are boring. Why is it praised? Probably cause the mainstream sniffed it out and lifted it up as some holy grail of RPG: Well fuck, Bioware are making RPGs, Good or not, Dragon Age 2 got a more appealing story than Skyrim, the fantasy GTA.
>>
File: 1456778398732.gif (551 KB, 245x220) Image search: [Google]
1456778398732.gif
551 KB, 245x220
>>337807396
>Skyrim was dogshit because
Opinion instantly discarded. Skyrim had a rocky launch, but all of major game-breaking bugs were patched in reasonable time.
It was a great game for it's time, and imo the most fun game of 2011
>>
> skyrim dialogue
>unmatched

Disgusting
>>
>>337807707

I don't get it either, objectively it doesn't deserve praise on the basis that it uses a game engine that is 15 years old now, 10 years old when Skyrim came out. Animations are crap, textures are crap, pathing is crap, AI is crap, models are crap. Every NPC in the game looks like a clay puppet painted with acrylic suspended on strings. The detail drop off of distant objects was fucking atrocious. You couldn't even attack while jumping.

Granted there are thousands of mods that could fix most of this shit, but the underlying game was so fundamentally flawed, that is till felt disjointed and awkward. And again, it crashes all-the-fucking-time, with or without mods. Sometimes an hour into the game, sometimes 10 minutes.

I still remember that time I stepped on a deer skull, causing it to freak the fuck out, killing me, making me lose about 45 minutes of progression. I hadn't saved in awhile because I was actually getting immersed despite the game's never ending crusade against that, and manual saving is the only way to go because auto saving made the game even more unstable.
>>
>>337804268
>comparing a 2015 game to a 2011 game
pls
>>
Is this some kind of new bait?
>>
>>337808631
>all of major game-breaking bugs were patched

No they weren't.

>It was a great game for it's time, and imo the most fun game of 2011

Shill.

>obongo reaction image

Go back to your leftist hugbox, nigger.
>>
>>337804268
gameplay including combat, exploring areas, most of quests was totally copy-pasted dull dogshit only thing that saved game from being shit was story, characters and dialogues

also dlc was much better than original w3
>>
>>337808790
I hear you. I love how some people defend it with "Dude, the game is awesome and perfect with mods"

Oh, so it is a 10 out of 10 game, but it becomes perfect with mods? Someone is either a fanboy or perfect means its above max score in a typical review scale.

The Elder Scrolls games are 6 out of 10 games, above an average 5 but nothing out of the ordinary. But thanks to the fucked up grading systems people toss around 9 to okay games and shit games might get a 4.
>>
File: 495962.jpg (114 KB, 1023x768) Image search: [Google]
495962.jpg
114 KB, 1023x768
>>337807707
Pretty much. It was something mainstream latched onto. Remember the journal craze?
>>
>>337809254
WTF.
I saw a guy in an RPG community tattoo that shit on him, the Skyrim dragon symbol.

People really went fucking crazy over this shit, same with League of Legends, it got to the mainstream and non games and they all ate it down. Fuck it asking people who been playing for 15-30+ years if it was decent or not, those nerds know nothing! TAKE BACK GAMING" or whatever they think they are doing.

And now they all sit and "Huehue I liek RPGS, Skyrim best RPG ever" yeah, it woul been fine and dandy if it was a good game in the first place and even hade some kind of RPG elements in it beside "lvls" and horrible dialogues.
>>
>>337809198

I spent more time modding it and trying to get the mods to all work together than playing the game itself. After a few hours I refused to play the base game because of how bland it was.

Most of my mods were gameplay tweaks too, I didn't dick around with new models other than the animation fixes, I didn't mess with overhauls either.

I even found a mod that allowed me to attack while in the air, even though the animations and sounds got all retarded whenever I did.
>>
>>337804268

I thought you were serious, then I noticed:

>cisquisition is also a good game
>>
>>337804268
Why would you compare two completely different games who's priorities lie in different aspects?
>>
>>337809564

It's okay, we've repurposed this thread into a Skyrim/Bethesda/normie-bashing thread.
>>
>>337809556
I played Dark Messiah not long before the release of Skyrim. Considering how bad an RPG Skyrim was, it was pathetic to see this action-RPG that Dark Messiah was, out do it on so many levels.
>>
>>337809550
I think suicide may be the best option, and im a morrowfag
>>
>>337809683
even the physics are better in DM
>>
>>337804268
Well that's a real shit opinion you have there pal
>>
>>337809689
Mind you, Morrowind was pretty fun back then. I played it beside Neverwinter Nights which idiots in gaming journalism called a contender to Morrowind. How the fuck when they are so diffrent in how they play and what they try to be?
>>
>>337804268
shit son that's some good bait
>>
>>337809862
um where exactly w3 comes ahead ? Maybe in side quests but thats preference i loved skyrim assassin side quests more anyway but thats just a preference.

Open world you say , well contrary to w3 , skyrim is indeed an open world whereas witcher is areas interconnected not a huge open world. Also you found more things to do inside skyrim whereas witcher is just big areas most of the time. And how the heck you prefer the ? areas instead of unexpected dungeons to explore?

As for combat w3 has the same combat either your 1 lvl or 70.
The only way skyrim combat was a dud is when you max alchemy and blacksmith and you just one shot everything. If you didnt then is hard(in legendary) and you have so many things from stealth , pure mage , pure tank , archer , dual wielder , variety of spells and dragon voices etc etc.
Here is dodge swing cast sign period. All and all w3 was a downgraded from both w1 and w2 in order for console crowd to be happy

And what about alchemy - smithing here you gather once and thats it is pointless to gather more alchemy blacksmith was so much rewarding in skyrim with various poisons and effects.

About ncps both games have too much generic models but at least in skyrim you could talk to most of them.

Graphics and optimisation... pls , w3 downgrade is now epic from the uber like previews to total crap end game quality and poor optimisation even on the most expensive of pcs. The spells , animations and beastiary is really bad designed.

And what about customisation and abilities. You can be tall , fat whatever race you like in skyrim here is just gerald , fyi even in mass effect you always play as shepard but at least you can customise him . Terms of abilities theres hundreds of builds you can do in skyrim here is how many?

Anyway talking about a pointless argument here but i cant fathom how witcher 3 is a more deep and engaging game with better mechanics and desu with better anything than elders scrolls.
>>
>>337810229
>i cant fathom

Because you're a moron with shit taste.

>Graphics and optimisation... pls

Sure was great watching Whiterun turn into a soggy cardboard box when you walk 30 paces away from it.
>>
>>337810807
>literally ignoring 90% of the post
...sasuga witcherfags...
>>
The reason Skyrim's open world is better than witcher despite it being smaller.... if the fact that you can interact with 99% of anything in the skyrim world. You even get in trouble for stealing which is perfect for RPing a thief. There's always random wildlife roaming around Skyrim making it feel alive and there's random activities and events that you can run into just by traveling. A game like Witcher or Dragon age is already preset and the open world is plain and dull and boring other than maybe looking nice.... I have been watching a few live streams of Witcher 3 and other than the fact the game does "look" nice in terms of texture quality.... the combat looks generic and boring, even more so than Skyrim.... and that's saying alot because Skyrim's combat is pretty basic. But at the same time, Skyrim and Witcher are in no way comparable games.... it's quite stupid for someone to say one game sucks because they prefer the other. I can see why people like Witcher.... I can see why people like Skyrim. But just know that size does not mean better automatically. Because Skyrim's map may not be as big, but the almost limitless amount of freedom and interactions you can do within that world makes a game like witcher look tiny. I'm am willing to bet once you play through witcher.... you will no longer have any reason to keep playing the game since you will have to play through it again as the same character..... and do the exact same things you did last time around. I have played through Skyrim atleast 5 times and each time was completely different with a completely different character. Sure the main questlines are the same, but the amount of randomness that you encounter throughout your journey is enough to make it a new experience.
>>
>>337804663

I feel the same way. There was too many fetch this, get this, do that quests in Witcher 3. I liked the visuals, but I just did not like being stuffed with so many quests.
>>
>>337810876

Read it, wasn't worth responding to.

Bashing Skyrim doesn't mean I think Witcher 3 is perfect either, dumb ass.

I wanted to like Skyrim, I spent more time trying to get it to a point where it was enjoyable for me than I should have. Too bad Bethesda is the worst """"""""""AAA"""""""""" developer that's still around.

They deserve to go out of business for reusing the same fucking game engine for their entire existence, but idiotic fuck stains like yourself keep giving them money.
>>
>>337808631
>but all of major game-breaking bugs were patched in reasonable time.
No the were not. I played the LE and it had the same bugs as the release.
>>
>>337811405
Have you even played Witcher?

You think it is immersive to prove yourself to every single shit lord there is in Skyrims "5 houses" cities? "Oh you are some kind of champion and Dragonborn? Well fuck you, peasant" .
>>
>>337804663
>The Witcher 3 strays too far into Ubisoft open world collectathon territory for me.
That can be easily solved. Just filter out the Undiscovered location from your map and suddenly the problem is gone. You can also disable them from the options menu.

>>337805040
>It was like looking at reskinned asscreed.
Nothing really like assassin's creed.

>>337810229
The writing, the world building, the main story and the sidestory quests, the landscaping and general attention to detail, art direction, music, quality of assets, animations, sense of scale and actual amount of content.
The Velen Novigrad are alone IS bigger than the entirety of Skyrim, so the argument that Witcher feels fragmented is a lie that only person who either had not played the game (at least not past White Orchard - which is a quite literally a tutorial location.
Combat is not exactly spectacular in either game, but at least the presentation is much better in The Witcher.

The only thing in which Skyrim has a clear advantage over Witcher is the sheer number of possible build attainable, though the incredibly lacluster execution and the fact that the differences in builds are very much differences in flavor of combat makes that advantage dubious, and the option of physical interactions with objects, which adds to the immersion, but that is immediately ruined by TERRIBLE art direction, lack of proper sense of scale, horrid NPC and general poor design of the world that undermines what little immersion the first person camera and physic based interactions can add.

Skyrim is a sadbox with poorly executed and dull world where you can do a lot of things, none of which matter or feel satisfying.

The Witcher is a far more straight forward game with less freedom but far better execution and more importantly, FAR better world and stories to tell.
>>
>>337811806
Hey i have to dispute this one because i am pro skyrim and have spent over 100 hours playing it. I think its a much better game than witcher 3, i can't understand why witcher 3 got so many high ratings , #2 and #1 were better 3 only deserves a solid 7.5 to me.

In skyrim it felt satisfying doing side quests because you get gold that can be spent to upgrade your attributes at trainers. It was never about xp because it was not required to have xp. In this game you need levels to use the better gear because so much of it is leveled, in Skyrim there was no level cap of any gear. In skyrim you could fight any creature regardless of its level if you had what it takes.

I'm not going to sit here and argue and waste all my time, suffice to say skyrim is definitely better.

-More freedom
-Better combat
-Hero can use a shield
-Hero can use magic
-Way more character customization, can be an archer, warrior, mage etc
-World feels more open, more to explore massive dungeons
-Better fluid leveling system, on hardest difficulty combat is challenging even at high levels where witcher high levels it just feels easier.
-making gold and finding good gear is really satisfying in skyrim, in witcher crafting is a real pain, or at least it was for me. No crafters have any components or any skill.
-Skyrim you can become a vampire, ride dragons, fight dragons.

MY only complaint is you can't have your own estate or castle like in inquisition. DA I is better than both these games.
>>
>>337811806
>Skyrim is a sadbox
typo but I kek'd anyway
>>
as of time of post:

skyrim released 2011 -> 20K online players
witcher 3 released 2015 -> 6K online players

numbers don't lie only delusional fanboys + high on elitism based on ignorance and idiocy.
>>
>>337811992
Are you fucking joking with us?

You play as, GERALT OF RIVIA. Of course it ownt have that much customization cause he is no fucking archer or a mage. It would not fit his character. Hell, even the crossbow made some of the more butthurt fanboys flaming.

Better combat? Are you kidding with me, Dark Messiah got even better combat, I do not see you praise that.

Witcher 3 and Skyrim is way diffrent games, Witcher 3 is an story driven action RPG while Skyrim is...well Skyrim is like a GTA fantasy game.
>>
>>337812249
Oh you are one of those

"LoL got the highest number of players so it is the best game ever made"

You kinda forget that Witcher 3 can be played off steam, have you considered that? Or that it is more story driven and people finished playing it? You see when Blood and Wine is released that number will explode again for a while.
>>
>>337811992
You have to be 18 to post here
>>
>>337812261
no... witcher 3 is just, flat disappointing... skyrim and fallout series have way more replayability with mods (witcher 3 also has a mod kit... but nowhere near as fleshed out as bethesda.. bethesda gives you all their tools to work with, and GECK is even better than TESCK, so can't wait for fo4 mods when GECK is out, no contest who wins between w3 and fo4 then... still not now even imo,) w3's only strong point is story and story presentation, it does those great! but controls and combat are clunky and I can't enjoy automatically knowing the location of every side quest/etc on each playthrough, metagaming breaks it hard once you've played it once... meanwhile fo4/skyrim has radiant events, and all them random events that each playthrough is so entirely different from the last... sometimes you'd go 30+ hours without even touching main story just from radiant quests, witcher 3, you clear the map, back to main quest, nothing more to do after that, sure they respawn in 3 days but it's gonna be the same event.
>>
>who is better
>Geralt or Skyrim guy
kek
>>
>>337811992
>-More freedom
Yes, but to no end. Your actions do not have any impact on the world, there are no characters or places to care about, no stories worth experiencing.
>-Better combat
Definitely not. The combat in Skyrim lacks any punch, it's incredibly floaty and unresponsive. This alone would not be a problem if any of the other mechanics were decent, but since that is not the case...
The Witcher combat has a lot of flaws, but at least requires a bit more skill and looks a hell of lot better.
>-Hero can use a shield
>-Hero can use magic
>-Way more character customization, can be an archer, warrior, mage etc
All falls under the "more freedom", and under the same cavitate. You have more options, but none of them are satisfying or actually make a dramatic impact on how the game plays or feels. More tools but nothing to really do with them.
>-World feels more open, more to explore massive dungeons
Witcher is bigger, has more quests, every single one of which is actually interesting and presents an interesting story with a lasting impact on the world.
>-Better fluid leveling system,
The fuck does that even mean?
>-making gold and finding good gear is really satisfying in skyrim
No, it really isn't. Kill level-scaled monsters in endless repetetion of the same hallways recycled from poorly made assets, get level scaled loot.
Looting is actually equally terrible in both games. At least TW wraps it in good narrative content.
>-Skyrim you can become a vampire, ride dragons, fight dragons.
And all of it feels like shit.
In the witcher, you get to meet people who feel like real people, see locations that are genuinely beautiful and make an actual impact on the fucking world. There is thought and beauty to it.
It's an actual living breathing world: a world that does not revolve around you, but you can still make an impact on it.
Skyrim is a shallow sandbox with a lot of meaningless tools and distractions.
>>
File: 1461755881527.png (21 KB, 1422x551) Image search: [Google]
1461755881527.png
21 KB, 1422x551
>>337804268
The books. Read them first.
>>
>>337813059
imo last wish is enough
>>
>>337813162
No. Why would you induce a memory gap upon yourself? Read it all, no reason not to. Good books.
>>
File: pointing all the guns.jpg (210 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
pointing all the guns.jpg
210 KB, 960x640
>>337812897
>cavitate
caveat
>>
>>337812696
>criticizes w3 for clunky, shallow combat
>defends skyrim for its r1 r2 combat with 10 year old animations
Wew lad
>>
>>337813336
because after reading it you know who is who and thats all you need
>>
>>337812696
I just gonna take a step back and leave you to your fanboying. Ohh radiant events! Oh wow, unlimited shitty quests and a millon mods! Oh wow.
>>
>>337804268
They're both pretty shitty RPGs but Skyrim is better due to its replay value and ability to actually role-play.
>>
>>337813490
You seriously think it got better roleplaying? The dialogues is shit, your actions means shit.

And if you want to just run around roleplaying a role, it means shit. No one reacts to you. Solo roleplaying in such "worlds" is boring as fuck. Least had it been online I would have bought this whole deal with it being free form RP but it sucks.
>>
Skyrim is still better than Dark Souls desu. Much more fun and complete as a RPG overall.
>>
>>337813490
>and ability to actually role-play.
Errr, no. The replay value is there because the game consists of a massive amount of interchangeable, shallow modules which you can indeed revisit in any order. But the roleplaying is worse in The Witcher, because there is no actual character-based interaction to speak off. Yes, you have more builds and more skill sets. But they are flavors of combat, all equally shit and you as a player, as a character don't exist.

TW, if nothing else, let's you actually be someone, make decisions for yourself, solve problems in multiple ways. Yeah, the solutions are not stat-based, but at least they are there. Skyrim does not have any of that. Your character in Skyrim is devoid of any actual character. It does not matter if you are a petty thief or grandmaster of the mage college (which you, by the way, can become without having ANY KNOWLEDGE OF MAGIC). Nothing changes, you leave no imprint on the world.

The character stats are shallow tools to play with, not something forming a person. There is nothing to roleplay.
>>
>>337808631
You can still phase through walls with a fucking bowl mate
>>
>>337811512
>reusing the same fucking game engine
But that's wrong you lying retard. Both Skyrim and Fallout 4 use the Creation Engine which is far better and more versatile than the previous engine. It's pretty amazing how much you tryhards hate on Bethesda nowadays just because of their popularity.
>>
>>337814705
It is more like them being mainstream these days and they ruined a good IP like Fallout when they just should have made their own IP.

Their games are also highly overrated. The whole concept of the games being perfect with mods yet getting 9 and 10's in grades are so off.

I hate them for making bad RPG games that is seen by casual players and mainstream as the "best RPGS" ever when they clearly aren't that good RPG games.
>>
>>337804268
Thanks for the review where can I subscribe?
>>
>>337814705
oh, please, the Creation Engine is a padded gamebryo. I has the exact same limitations that gamebryo has, only better graphical fidelity. There are minor additions to CE, but the fact remains that it is inept, and has been for a long time. Beth can't even get ladders to work with it
>>
>>337814124
>desu
Please stop with that, this isn't /a/.
>>
>>337813059
Baptism of Fire is literally the best book.
>>
>>337807707
>Probably cause the mainstream sniffed it out and lifted it up as some holy grail of RPG:
whoa when was it his exact same thing recenly happened...
>>
>>337815416
>the mainstream

Yeah m8, TW3 surely was more mainstream than Fallout4.
>>
>>337815590
Implying Witcher 3 is more mainstream and casual than "Mah Bethesda games". What is next? Gearbox being fucking elite gaming? Doom is a casual shoter like CoD?
>>
>>337814929
The problem I have with Bethesda is that they really, really are the most lazy and cynical developer I know about outside of the poor zombies working for EA.

They are, in a sense, Michal Bay of the industry. They do such a poor job, and their focus and pandering to the lowest common denominator is so painfully obvious that their games become more of a moral problem to me than anything.
They hold what used to be two of the most interesting and valuable RPG franchise licenses in the world. Yet they make the most soulless, dull, committee designed crap in the world: you can just see how fucking much they can't be arsed to do things right. They incredibly cheap out on shit just because they know they can get away with it: the terrible animations, asset quality, voiceacting, the bugs and lack of any polish - it's all a giant "we don't give two fucks because we know we can get away with it anyway!".

And everything they changed (and ruined) about the two IP's has been CLEARLY done because... they follow the trends. They know what kids buy these days. That is all that matters. Absolute maximalization of profit - no risks, no effort on anything that can't be used to attract the widest possible audience, not a single genuine thought or care.

And that pisses me off. The amount of money they make is INSANE, the prestige and legacy of the IP's is equally as fucking amazing. They are in a position to make the best RPG's in the world.

They chose to make the most mediocre ones instead. And that just pisses me off to no end.
>>
>>337815590
more awards and attention than even skyrim bruh :')
>>
>>337816603
Less than 1/20 the sales, and I don't think TW3 really got more awards than Skyrim. More than Fallout 4 but I'm not sure if more than Skyrim.
>>
>>337808631
Patches nor mods can't fix the floaty combat, cities that are the size of villages in TW3, bad quests and bad writing
>>
>>337816512
I can simply agree and shake my head at people protecting them.
>>
File: hello reddit.jpg (437 KB, 1508x1493) Image search: [Google]
hello reddit.jpg
437 KB, 1508x1493
>>337804268
>2. The quests and dialogue of skyrim is unmatched, from killing an orphanage headmaster, uncovering mage school plots, thieves guild quests, demon quests, cisero lol, on top of the main storyline, etc.

this is the shittiest opinion ever. anyway, the witcher 3 is literally the best RPG ever made. You are only 10 hours in it. This game has hundreds of hours and the quests are way better than anything Skyrim could have ever hoped for. Also, not sure what you mean by its no an open world map. there's plenty of places to go and even more when you get to skellige and even more when the last dlc comes out.
>>
>>337817121
>Patches nor mods can't fix the floaty combat, cities that are the size of villages in TW3, bad quests and bad writing
You see, the problem is that a lot of people don't care about that. They don't really care about the world, or the writing. They are far too imperceptive and frankly they lack the knowledge or awareness (or care) to see that there is something wrong with those elements in Skyrim. What they do care is feeling cool by having option to indulge in token power fantasies. Riding a dragon. Being a werewolf. Being an ork that beats the shit out of somebody with a massive fuck-off hammer or zapping them with spells. Being a grandmaster of a wizard guild.

And since those people care about themselves, about the token ego-stroke of that, they don't really care than none of that is executed well. Again, they don't really pay that much attention to the game, and they definitely don't have anything to compare with either.

So... they prefer Skyrim. Because Skyrim does not require anything more than having a powerfantasy and a fuckton of time. It gratifies people by offering what they can be, rather than what it is like to be someone, it aims at ego, not attention.
>>
>>337817760
>>337817760
>the witcher 3 is literally the best RPG ever made.

Zatrzymaj żenujące nasz pieprzony kraj
>>
File: meme generator.jpg (157 KB, 500x498) Image search: [Google]
meme generator.jpg
157 KB, 500x498
>tfw i actually legitimately enjoyed skyrim more than the witcher 3

TW3 doesn't have that there game magic. It may be better on a list comparison basis, but it just fails to produce as many hours of fun.
>>
>>337817760
>the witcher 3 is literally the best RPG ever made.
It's not even the best witcher game.
>>
File: fire team.webm (3 MB, 960x538) Image search: [Google]
fire team.webm
3 MB, 960x538
>>337817760
>Also, not sure what you mean by its no an open world map. there's plenty of places to go and even more when you get to skellige and even more when the last dlc comes out.

This OP mentioned loading between maps, when skyrim has to load in every city and house you enter

Not only that but Novigrad/no man's land alone is larger than skyrim's whole map
>>
>The quests and dialogue of skyrim is unmatched
This bothers me more than anything else.
Most of Skyrim's quests are "Collect X" or "Kill Y" with choices that don't really influence anything outside of that one quest line.
Even pretty early on TW3 gives you quests where your choices will immediately impact the gameworld.
I don't mean to say that this makes The Witcher revolutionary or that it's the best game ever, but it certainly handles quests better than skyrim does
>>
>>337817991
>but it just fails to produce as many hours of fun.
Actually, it's "the magic" that The Witcher has while Skyrim lacks.
Atmosphere. Skyrim is more hours of content, but not a single moment of it compares to The Witcher in quality. The Witcher is beautiful. Maybe only for one or two runs at most, but those two runs (which considering the vanilla game is around 100 hours of content at minimum, plus 20 of HoS and another 30-40 of the upcoming Blood and Wine is quite enough) are memorable and fascinating at virtually any moment.
You can waste 200 hours on Skyrim, but you really have seen all that matters in first twenty, everything else is meaningless chain of poorly executed distractions, all set in a ugly and poorly executed world. It's like a soap opera compared to first season of True Detectives (down to the dissapointing endings, sadly): Yes - you can waste more time on the fucking soap opera, but it's damn good question if it was ever worth picking up to begin with.
>>
>>337816919
Skyrim supposedly sold 20 million copies, Witcher 3 has sold about 10 million
>>
>>337818303
It didn't even occur to me that TW3 doesn't have loading upon entering buildings until you pointed out that most RPGs do
>>
>>337818567
>Witcher 3 has sold about 10 million

Citation needed.
Last I heard it was more like 6 million. And not all of those full price.
>>
I like Skyrim more. Yeah TW3 has better story, but so what?
>>
>>337818065
>It's not even the best witcher game.
it's certainly not the best RPG of all time (it may arguably be the most beautiful and one of the best written ones), but it's the best Witcher game for sure. TW1 had it's undeniable charms, but TW3 has managed to recreate most of them to a similar strenght. Mechanically, TW1 was shit. It was utterly broken and really, really badly designed.

There were some moments of sheer brilliance in TW1. Two or three fantastic quests, one or two fantastic moments, four or five great songs. And at it's very best, it (narrowly) topped even most of the best moments of TW3. But inbetween those gorgeous moments there was so much shit it wasn't even funny.
>>
>>337818567
>Skyrim supposedly sold 20 million copies, Witcher 3 has sold about 10 million
Skyrim sold 20 millions in the two years after release. Fallout 4 sold 12 millions in the first month.
Witcher 3, last time I checked, sold around 6 millions in the first year.
>>
>>337819079
Check again, they have shipped 10 million copies. The 20 million for Skyrim is from 2014.
>>
>>337818672
Here it says the whole series has sold 20 million copies and they said that the third game made up half of those sales
https://www.vg247.com/2016/03/10/the-witcher-franchise-has-sold-20-million-copies-worldwide/
>>
>>337804268
Elder Scrolls has character customization, so it wins by default.
>>
>>337804268
> The quests and dialogue of skyrim is unmatched, from killing an orphanage headmaster, uncovering mage school plots, thieves guild quests, demon quests, cisero lol, on top of the main storyline, etc.
> The quests and dialogue of skyrim is unmatched,
>The quests and dialogue
>The quests and dialogue

You couldn't be more wrong even if you tried
>>
>>337804268
I think your bait is rotten at this point, OP.
>>
>>337820621
>Elder Scrolls has character customization, so it wins by default.
Yeah, because character customization matters more than literally everything else in the game, from basic gameplay mechanics to all narrative elements.
Does not matter the game looks like shit, plays like shit, the world is shit, the stories are shit, the quests are shit: all that matters is that you can make the character look like you and chose whenever the absolutely flaccid combat takes place with a hammer or a bow in your hand.
Sure.

You know, if you fucks at least knew what good character-based RPG looks like, this argument could have at least some weight. But this way, it just speaks tons about how little you actually care about gameplay or content as long as you can turn the game into your own ego masturbating device.
>>
>>337814705
Creation engine is shit and no better than gamebyro. You're ducking delusional.
>>
>>337821371
>as long as you can turn the game into your own ego masturbating device
Still can't play as an Argonian maid in the Witcher, so all the other stuff you said is irrelephant.
>>
>>337804268
skyrim is better

witcher 3 does not have good combat
>>
>>337821616
>Creation engine is shit and no better than gamebyro.
That is mostly because Creation is Gamebryo. But then again you are arguing with people who are either obvious trolls, or so incredibly fucking dumb they are not worth arguing with in the first place.

>>337821629
Yep, as I said. You don't really give two fucks about the games.

>>337821741
Are you implying that Skyrim's combat is better?
>>
File: TUMBLING DOWN.jpg (320 KB, 1019x1117) Image search: [Google]
TUMBLING DOWN.jpg
320 KB, 1019x1117
You're 100% correct OP
>>
>>337804268

Bait for the Bait God!

Fuck off imbecile.
>>
>>337804268
this shit again
>>
>>337821827
>You don't really give two fucks about the games.
Video game RPGs can't do what tabletop RPGs do, so you can pretend to judge them on their mechanics as if that's meaningful in any way, or you can judge them as toys, which is what they are, and Skyrim is an objectively better toy.
>>
>>337807707
It was hundreds of hours of content in a market without any contemporary RPGs, with crafting and leveling and options.. with plenty of stuff for lore and immersion.

It's not a really fun game because gitting gud isn't really a thing with the click gameplay, but there's obviously still mastery in just winning over mobs and bosses.
>>
They're different games, why compare them?
Oh wait
This is all bait
>>
>>337822047
>Video game RPGs can't do what tabletop RPGs do,
That is true. What they can do is something very different, but equally as valuable. Absolute majority of table top games can't tell as good stories as games made by talented and professional storytellers can, they certainly can't use visual and audio in the same way as games can, and they can't offer any form of kinestetics what so ever. I don't see why those things should be considered less valuable than that Table top experiences can offer. Table tops can be, however, better toyboxes.

All games are toys in a sense, but some can be toys with meaning or memorability. Skyrim has neither. It's a shitty toybox: toybox that will never be as creative as table top games. But at the same time, it does not take advantage of those qualities that are unique to videogames either.

So basically, Skyrim is trying to compete with tabletops in something where it can never actually compete, while The Witcher tries to capitalize on the things where videogames have inherent edge over table tops.

So by your own logic, and by your own insistance on comparison to table tops, The Witcher does much better job.
>>
>>337822614
You still only get one action figure to play with in your sandbox.
>>
>>337822813
>You still only get one action figure to play with in your sandbox.
What the fuck... are you high or something? What the fuck are you even trying to say for fuck sake?
>>
>>337804268

I agree nigga but also The Witcher 3 was downgraded to ship by Nvidia they literally burned the entire playing field because AMD would run the game better Nvidia not only added the needless tessellation they also had CD projekt Red just scrape all the fancy graphics because the GTX series of Nvidia cards run much better when the graphics are simplified
>>
>>337804268
>misleading advertising

this is the only thing i can agree with

i too was expecting the world to be this huge map you see when you zoom out of regions

but its whatever, i got over it pretty quick the moment i saw how big novigrad and velen were...
>>
File: SnakeEyes_Beck_Art.jpg (199 KB, 500x751) Image search: [Google]
SnakeEyes_Beck_Art.jpg
199 KB, 500x751
>>337822956
>LEARN TO LIKE PLAYING AS AN OLD POLISH MAN
Geralt. You only get Geralt. If you don't like Geralt, then who cares about the kinesthetics and the skybox textures and the muh storytelling.

You wouldn't trash a little girl's Barbie collection, complete with mansion, cars and accessories, throw a military history book at her face, give her a Snake Eyes, and tell her to git gud. You would, wouldn't you.
>>
>>337824331
Geralt is not polish
>>
>>337824461
Duh, it's a fantasy setting. You know what I mean. It was designed as some guy's edge wank.
>>
>>337824331
>If you don't like Geralt, then who cares about the kinesthetics and the skybox textures and the muh storytelling.
First of all, Geralt is a pretty fucking likable character, especially in the third game. Second of all: you can't enjoy any medium as long as you don't identify straight away with the protagonist? So... you would not ever read a book because you might not like the protagonist? Watch a movie?

If you have such an insurmantable problem with Geralt, you have some kind of bizzare personality deformation but fine. That however does not change a fact that for normal, healthy people this isn't a problem and they can still enjoy the fantastic writing and sheer beauty of it, and a reasonable degree of kinestetic satisfaction.

As a design and narrative intention goes, The Witcher does things better. Both by simply offering better execution, but also by focusing on those areas it can actually compete and exceed other media, such as table-top RPG's. Skyrim does not do that. It's incredibly poorly executed, and it's only focus in in an attempt to one-up a medium that by DEFINITION (YOUR DEFINITION) can't be challenged.

>You wouldn't trash a little girl's Barbie collection, complete with mansion, cars and accessories, throw a military history book at her face, give her a Snake Eyes, and tell her to git gud. You would, wouldn't you.
This makes me once again wonder if you are high, feverish, or just legit mentally retarded. Here is a pro-tip: just because something sounds right in your mind does not mean it actually makes sense to anybody else. This is literal gibberish.
>>
>>337825182
>you can't enjoy any medium as long as you don't identify straight away with the protagonist?
That's why I didn't like Rent.
>>
>>337825441
The fuck is Rent? Remember: things making sense to you does not mean making sense to others for fuck sake.
What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>337825603
It's a movie based on a play.
>>
>>337825683
How the fuck am I supposed to know that?
>>
>>337825763
The internet is your brain's co-processor.
>>
Skyrim has literally the worst combat system ever designed.

It's only value is in modded graphics.
>>
>>337804663
This is an imporant point.

Witcher took the wrong influence.

Bethesda open world > Ubisoft open world.
>>
>>337825863
>The internet is your brain's co-processor.
Yeah. Try googling the words "Rent" and see how long it will take till yo find out some fucking teenage musical drama from 2005 with a 45% ratting on RT.

>>337826232
You clearly had not played the Witcher game, and no. Bethesda's open worlds are shit since Oblivion.
>>
>>337815368
Nah that's Sword of Destiny
>>
>>337804268
am I witnessing the birth of a new pasta?
>>
>>337826319
Anyway, the point was that all the protagonists were gay.
>>
>>337826232
It doesn't have collectibles. It's just loot scattered around the map. In Bethesda games they are inside dungeons but it's essentially the same thing, loot guarded by enemies
>>
>>337826464
>Anyway, the point was that all the protagonists were gay.
I haven't seen the movie, but I'm fairly positive the problem was that the protagonists were just poorly made and unlikable. There is such a thing as bad and good character. But it's not whenever you identify or "like" the character, but whenever the character is interesting and well developed enough to make you care about what happens to him.
I'm sure we could find at least one book or movie or a game with a gay character that you still could care about.
>>
>>337826319
>>337826464
Just like you two butt buddies
>>
>cancerous shills paid to keep witcher 3 on front page
>literally the worst most generic game imaginable
>open world is just copypasted encounters over and over
>>
>>337826890
>Just like you two butt buddies
There must be a point where you have to stop and look at what you post and think: "wow. I act like a really dumb child".

>>337826964
Just pushing the bait harder and harder, aren't you?
>>
>>337804268
Skyrim obviously, everyone who says otherwise never played skyrim or are 14 y o.
>>
>>337826834
Oh no I actually like dick, the Rent bit was a joke. You're just funny when you're mad, so I'm providing as little context to my posts as possible.
>>
Witcher 3 and Skyrim are both good games with each their own flaws but provide a lot of content which is what I look for in a game. They're both GOTY of their respective years, What we really need to talk about is how MGSV and Fallout 4 were complete disappointments which were both coincidentally memeworthy games and created bad memes (Fallout 4 is guiltier at this)

Reminder that Todd "The Manlet" Howard caused this to happen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9O6sApVH3o
>>
>>337809556
At a certain point, that's what I stopped playing. I reinstalled recently after a few years, loaded a billion mods, had a lot of fun, and then realized that these little novelties were cool but ultimately the core game is kinda shit. Still the only game where I can reinstall it after what, 4 years and still have fun with it.
>>
>>337827082
epic post
>>
>>337827040
I don't just act it, I live the very essence. You're a bitch nigga, though, so I suffer little pride admitting it to you
>>
>>337831162
How do you actually live with yourself? How do you live knowing that you behave worse than a spoiled child?
I'm genuinely curious. I wonder if you ever even stopped and thought about what such behavior makes you...
>>
>>337831410
You're extrapolating a lot based on two short posts. I attribute little value to 4chan discourse, so I don't mind acting fatuous. You're making me post very sincerely and I do not appreciate it, friendo
Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.