[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 172
Thread images: 31
File: Pontiff.jpg (776 KB, 1200x666) Image search: [Google]
Pontiff.jpg
776 KB, 1200x666
Because the other threads are shit.
Who is the Nameless King? What happens when we ring the bell?
>>
>>337803285
>Who is the Nameless King?
You from the future
>What happens when we ring the bell?
Zetsubou da yo.
>>
>who is Nameless King

The game flat out tells you who he is, it's not even subtle about it.
>>
The bell is just a way to signal his son that the tendies have arrived
>>
>>337803516
Yeah he is solaire.
>>
File: 1387276422235.jpg (19 KB, 267x274) Image search: [Google]
1387276422235.jpg
19 KB, 267x274
>>337803592
>>
>>337803592
Don't be silly, Solaire is the worm in Smouldering Lake
>>
Assuming you're not memeing he's Gwyns first born.
>>
>>337805378
>>337803592
Why not both?
>>
>>337803391
NK is gwyns kid ye fokin nugget
>>
The ringing of the bell is for Gwyn's firstborn to link the flame and become a lord of cinder

Its symbolic
>>
>>337803592
But, Nameless King isn't even real. You go to Archdragon Peak by transcending. Are you saying that Solaire was an illusion or something?
>>
> Nameless is god of war
> Faraam is name of god of war
Though description said dragon-slaying god of war, different I guess ?
>>
I thought he was Ornstein's final form.
The lightning spear. The stances. You also find his old armor and weapon nearby.
>>
>>337806108
Nah. Ornstein followed him there and either died like a bitch or turned into the dragon.
>>
>>337806108
It's established by the lore that Ornstein is a meme. He's just whoever wears the dragonslayer armor.
>>
File: ornstein pepe.jpg (12 KB, 248x249) Image search: [Google]
ornstein pepe.jpg
12 KB, 248x249
>>337806265
While he is indeed a meme, everything in dark souls is. Does nobody remember finding Andre of Astora's body like 3 times in the first DS? Time is fucked.
>>
>>337806470
>time is fucked
Literally this series' NANOMACHINES macguffin
>>
File: nameless shockwave.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
nameless shockwave.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
FUCK
>>
>>337806108
He's Ornstein's master. They fight similarly because Nameless taught him that shit.
>>
>>337806172
>>337806265

Still mad. Oreos was my favorite DS1 character and this *it's a hologram*, he's a meme, he fucked off to suck NK's dick shit triggers me hard.
>>
File: Dancer_of_the_Boreal_Valley.jpg (347 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Dancer_of_the_Boreal_Valley.jpg
347 KB, 1920x1080
Literally how do I beat this fucker.
>>
>>337807383
by hitting them until they die
>>
File: bouncy dancer short.webm (3 MB, 1305x720) Image search: [Google]
bouncy dancer short.webm
3 MB, 1305x720
>>337807383
like this
>>
>>337807383
Jump up her ass
>>
>>337807383
you just gotta roll and r1
>>
File: nameless finisher.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
nameless finisher.webm
3 MB, 853x480
http://s1.webmshare.com/a74V6.webm
This guy was such a great bossfight when he got off his shitty dragon. Fuck his first phase and fuck that camera
>>
>>337807383
Reduce her health to zero without allowing your health to be reduced to zero.
>>
>>337805897
This is some serious bullshit since you can clearly see Archdragon Peak in the distance from almost anywhere in the game.
>>
>>337807383
Beat her at SL20. She's a lot more predictable in her second form. Just dodge to her right and don't get greedy with counter-attacks.
>>
File: 1458389056209.jpg (99 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1458389056209.jpg
99 KB, 600x600
>It's a "Nameless King is Solaire" episode
>>
>>337807597
I used to absolutely hate phase 1, but after doing the fight a few more times I've come to appreciate it more.

The skill required in phase 1 is camera control; if you stay unlocked, and be as careful with the camera control as you would be at dodging in any other boss, you get a great sense of accomplishment from defeating P1 flawlessly.

Every single one of his attacks in P1 are both dodgeable and punishable if you handle your camera properly. I like the whole fight now.
>>
>>337808254
Yeah but should camera control really a skill that should be challenged in this kind of game?

It feels rather immersion breaking
>>
>>337807432
>>337807483
>>337807520
>>337807565
>>337808179

I'll be more specific: how the fuck do I counter that bullshit grab move she does?
>>
>>337808254
Eh, I just think it's a tedious slog to get through if you end up losing against NK and have to waste time on the dragon just to try again. They should have just removed the Ancient Wyvern, had you fight King of Storms in his stead, and compensated for Nameless King being solo by making him more aggressive and giving him a wider variety of moves.
>>
>>337808328

I see what you're saying, but I don't really feel that the boss fights are immersive in that way - in any challenging fight, you are always focused on the game first and foremost. I mean, you're rolling through swords and watching your stamina bar. It's a cinematic experience, but primarily a gameplay one, and I feel that in Nameless King they decided to use the camera as a gameplay element.
>>
>>337808474
It's telegraphed as fuck

Just keep dying until you figure it out like a big boy
>>
>>337808474
I mean, it's easy to see it coming. Just back away
>>
>>337808474
She arches her back like a cat before doing it. The grab itself is very quick, but if you know how she telegraphs it, you'll never get hit by it again.
>>
>>337808528
Dude, I felt completely the same way as you, right up until my last kill. I was trying my best to do phase 1 flawlessly, which is what led me to enjoy it a lot more after bettering my camera control.

Before that I felt the exact same way you do.
>>
File: BRUTALITY.webm (3 MB, 876x480) Image search: [Google]
BRUTALITY.webm
3 MB, 876x480
>>337808474
>>
Nameless King is Gwyn's First-born who ran away. Either he turned to the dragons after he lost the Annuals, like a post-college kid bouncing around Asia until he settles down in a temple like a yuppie, or he gave up the annuals after meeting the dragons.

When you ring the bell you summon him. Why that leads to a fight is the more interesting question. Perhaps ringing the bell is a call to challenge, since Archdragon Peak's culture seems based around the art of battle and warfare. It would make sense since the dragon cults from the previous games were all based on PvP. The snake summoners call endless hoards of warriors from across Lothric, but only for one-on-one battle, and you can find the Calamity Ring in the temple.
>>
>>337807597
The first phase is over in like 30-45 seconds if you use a fully upgraded bow. Feels like they gave that phase of the boss a defense penalty against arrows/bolts, since I him as hard with one that my normal weapons. And I can hit him constantly instead of having to wait for his head to hover the ground.
>>
>>337803592
HE WASNT SOLAIRE RETARDSSSSS

IT WAS OBVIOUSLY ORNSTEIN WHO LEARNED SUNSPEAR FROM SOLAIRE
>>
>>337809634
I should try a bow only run. How does the shitty amount of ammo you can carry work out?
>>
>>337810217
I don't know I never did a bow only run. All I'm saying is that even on a normal, not bow-focused build, an upgraded bow deals really good damage to NK's first phase.
>>
People keep saying he was Gwynn's first heir who trained Ornstein. Personally I think it's just Ornstein. People would immediately think it was him if it wasn't for the armor you find later on, but I always just took that as him putting it there, or the game just being ham fisted about who it is. The armor set practically says it's Ornstein. He even takes the Dragon's power in the exact same gentle hand on the neck way he took Smough's.
>>
>>337803391

You're getting NK (space gwyn)and the lord of cinder mixed up you jizz sock.
>>
File: 1460335987032.jpg (33 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1460335987032.jpg
33 KB, 480x480
>>337810548
>gentle on the neck
>rams spear sword into the dragon's skull

okay
>>
>>337807287
I don't think he was ever an illusion. I always thought:
DaS1
>You canonically beat Ornstein first, Smough smashes hammer down and takes his powers. Kill Smough and get his soul. Ornstein survived though as you don't get his soul
DaS2
>Robbed of his powers he retreats and becomes the Old Dragon Slayer. Doesn't use lightning in the fight because Smough took that shit
>Something something something
DaS3
>..Something something King of the Storm
>Probably some soul searching nonsense or whatever lead him on the path of the dragon
>Became really fucking good at it, befriended a dragon like his armor says
>Based his armor off Gwynn because of old loyalties
>Lighting used during phase 1 is either him channeling the dragon, or he has recovered his powers over time, possibly via the path of the dragon
>Takes dead dragon's powers in phase 2 the exact same way he would have taken it from Smough in DaS1
>Has lightning powers again, uses similar moveset
>Find discarded Dragon Slayer armor after fight, either he stowed it away because sentimental but he has better shit now, or whatever thousand reasons he could have for that

I hate the illusion theory, it's just fucking stupid. I like the idea of following him through his career over the whole series.
>>
File: tumblr_mcks61Ljeo1qlmo0vo1_1280.jpg (131 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mcks61Ljeo1qlmo0vo1_1280.jpg
131 KB, 600x700
I want to know what the Profaned flame is.

Was it an experiment to wrest control of the fire away from the Gods? Is this how Yuria perfected the Dark Sigil method? Was Kaathe helping her and the Sable Church?

Or was the Profaned flame created by those with an interest in cementing a permanent age of fire? The item descriptions on the gargoyle weapons say it never goes out, so this is also a possibility. It also only burns human flesh.

I think it's fairly obvious that the Profaned Capital was once Anor Londo. It fell to ruin and Irithyll was built on top of it, presumably at the behest of Gwyndolin. How was it destroyed, though? Does it have to do with the Profaned flame, or was it destroyed when the Giants conquered it? OR, was it destroyed when Vendrick pillaged it? After all, Yhorm is the descendant of giant conquerors, and Vendrick did pillage the ability to make golems. The boss guarding the path into Anor Londo in DS1 was the Iron Golem, so it all fits.

I'm also confused about the 3 Firelinks, and also the fact that you leave the kiln to link the flame.

It's also interesting that you find a vendor selling Artorias's gear in an area seemingly swallowed by the Abyss...
>>
>>337811209
>I want to know what the Profaned flame is.
I think it's the chaos flame, if we're going by the idea that the Profaned Capital is Eleum Loyce. And it's called "profaned" because the Chaos Flame was originally an attempt at recreating the flame and extend the Age of Fire, an act some might consider a sin. But at the same time there was no indication of Eleum Loyce being near Anor Londo so heh.

>I'm also confused about the 3 Firelinks, and also the fact that you leave the kiln to link the flame.
One is the "normal" Firelink Shrine set in your world
Untended Graves is the past when the Fire was gone. probably right before Ludleth gave himself up and burned himself in the Kiln. Dialogs from the Handshrine maiden and item descriptions from THE CHAMP support this.
Third one is probably just another dimension just like the Kiln in DaS1 was.
>>
>>337811209

Also, studying the geography of the area, it seems like the Swamp is what's left of the Forest, the Undead Settlement is probably what's left of the Undead Burg, and the Catacombs are what's left after Sen's Fortress collapsed into the Tomb of the Giants. I also have a hunch that the Cathedral of the Deep may have been built on top of the Great Hollow. If that's the case, then maybe the coming "Deep" is originating from Ash Lake and the Cathedral was built on the hollow to put a cap on it?

There's actually an incredible amount of thought and detail put into linking it to the first game.
>>
>>337806470
They only had one model for blacksmiths.
It's not Andre 3 times but From being cheap. DeS had the same blacksmith models for the two blacksmiths in the game, the characters just played it off that they were twins.
>>
>>337810217
just carry multiple ammo types senpai
>>
>>337810548
nah, ornstein is in front of the anor londo bonfire, disguised as a silver knight
>>
>>337812123
>That cheeky Silver Knight with the lighting spear

Fuck
>>
>>337812123
I hate you Vaat. I'm like 5'5" and I'm taller than you.
>>
>>337811818

It's just confusing because there's no transition to the Untended Graves, you just kind of walk there. Also, how exactly did the fire rebound from being out? I don't know of any precedent for that, but if there was, then why even link the fire to begin with instead of just waiting it out?

I also had a theory that the final area was all in your mind as you sat at the actual first flame inside the kiln. It explains the crazy geometry and the collapsed Lothric, and also that you don't link it while physically inside the kiln.

I theorize that the entirety of Archdragon Peak may also be a metaphysical journey rather than an actual one, or at least that's what the cutscene seems to imply.
>>
>>337811937
Why the Great Hollow? Wouldn't New Londo make more sense?
>>
File: 1462523899525.jpg (60 KB, 400x404) Image search: [Google]
1462523899525.jpg
60 KB, 400x404
>>337810548
What if Ornstein is Gwyn's firstborn?
>>
>>337812465

New Londo was flooded on purpose by actual people though. If the "Deep" is just another name for the Abyss, then yeah that makes more sense, but it seems to be distinct, and I can't think of anywhere with more water than Ash Lake.
>>
File: 1462417632559.png (228 KB, 358x408) Image search: [Google]
1462417632559.png
228 KB, 358x408
>>337812516
I mean I guess. Doesn't really make too much sense though.
>>
>>337805982
it says faraam is the name of A god of war, implying more than one exist.
>>
File: 1349217226441.jpg (42 KB, 720x439) Image search: [Google]
1349217226441.jpg
42 KB, 720x439
>>337812516
What if Ornstein is Gwyn's firstborn's firstborn?
>>
File: My very best friend.jpg (147 KB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
My very best friend.jpg
147 KB, 400x500
>>337811209
No one quite knows what the Profane Flame is. What is known is that it was out of control and the Yhorm, in an attempt to calm it, linked the flame. However, linking the flame caused the Profane Capital to fall to ruin and to burn only humans (similar to how when Gwyn linked the flame, his knights were burned). From some items descriptions, dropped by those hand monsters in the poison area, apparently mages had something to do with the Profane Flame going crazy before they became hand beasts themselves. We do also find a student of Big Hat there. Why is interesting question.

I doubt the Captial has anything to do with the Sable Church, but the Church is working with a Primordial Serpant, probably Kaathe. The Church is likely an extension of the Seekers of the Dark from DaS 2, imo. They say the dark and found it wanting. But they looked where no one else looked before: the very Hollows that are eternal and scourge the land.

The Profane Capital is either Eleum Loyce or New Londo. I'm leaning more to New Londo. What kind of "giant" Yhrom is also debatable. Is Yhorm a true giant descended from the blacksmith of the gods, a giant like those Vendrick stole from (not likely), or was simply a powerful soul like how Smough could be called a giant?

The Kiln in the Untended Graves is the Kiln before you arrive. Like >>337811818
said, it's possibly before Ludleth, but it's hard to say. What seems to happen is that you cause the Iudex to sink into the Abyss. Why the first Fire Keeper is there is interesting too, and whether or not she has a relation with the one who escaped the Abyss atop the normal Shrine too. At best, we can say the queen of Lothric knew of the Untended Shrine.
>>
File: 4.gif (387 KB, 400x290) Image search: [Google]
4.gif
387 KB, 400x290
>>337812516
>>337812758
What if Ornstein is Solaire and Gwyn is his own firstborn?
>>
>>337807483
>>337807597
>playing easy mode with meme hammers
>>
>>337812780
>Witch of Izalith links the flame
>Demons are born and the flame behaves as a mutator, altering the nature of things it encounters
>Gwyn, a god, links the first flame
>Kiln of the First Flame is ground zero of a holocaust. Only a few black knights survived, wandering the wastes aimlessly
>Yhorm, a giant, links the flame
>The profaned flame is born, the seal between the Deep (Abyss?) weakens there. Most everyone in the city is burnt to a crisp. The Profaned Flame is born

The lesson is only Man should be linking fires if at all.
>>
>>337811209
The weapon Eleonora states
"A strange weapon found among malformed inhabitants of the Profaned Capital.

The Profaned Flame was triggered by the curse of these women, relatives of a certain oracle, but despite their culpability, they went on living, without any cares."

Now, if we take into consideration the oracle from 2 then these women could very well be daughters of Manus. It should be mentioned that the court sorcerer we fight on the roof of the blue house in the profaned capital was also an oracle based on his armor description. There's also a portrait of Nashandra in Ithryill. The short-story Eleonora by Edgar Allan Poe should also be considered in this analysis.
>>
>>337811818
>Untended Graves is the past when the Fire was gone. probably right before Ludleth gave himself up and burned himself in the Kiln.

Untended Graves is in the past, but it's also the end of the world. The Earth itself is twisting, presumably to bring the Lords of Cinder together. Remember when the Flame was going out - the Lords of Cinder were brough back. When the Lords refused their thrones, the unkindled Ash was brought back to fetch them. The opening monologue specifically uses the word unearthed or returned, there was a will or desire for this to happen. Either there's a higher, Overgod acting as an invisible hand or the World, itself, is trying to save its own ass.

Because unkindled ash have succeeded, existence is able to perpetuate beyond the end of the world. But its also why regardless of what ending you choose, it means nothing. It's comic book style time travel. There's a critical point in time that every resource is being sent to, paradoxically, even resources from a potential future.
>>
>>337813487

I've got to be honest with you, I didn't enjoy Dark Souls 2 much at all, so I'm not really up on my DS2 lore. But geographically speaking, didn't DS2 take place on an entirely different continent? And the Profaned capital is exactly where the city proper of Anor Londo used to be (Irithyll is higher up, comparatively, to the Cathedral than Anor Londo was, making me think it was built on top). So is it safe to assume that the Oracles actually migrated over from the other continent?
>>
>>337813287
The witch didn't try to link the First Flame though I thought, doesn't DaS1 say she tried to straight recreate it but failed, with the result being the Chaos Flame?

The Lords/main players of DaS1 are interesting to me because each of them has a completely different attitude to the Flame going out. The Witch tries to make a new one, Gwyn and his gang just try to keep it burning by using themselves and others as fuel, Seath is going full retard into crystal research so it won't matter to him, and the pygmy just splits his soul into infinite (?) pieces so everyone gets a chance.

Nito just wants to play with his skeletons and be chill as fuck, that's why he's the best lord.
>>
>>337814751

Well Seathe is a dragon and probably doesn't give a fuck either way, he just wants to be immortal. And the pygmy probably wants the fire to go out so humans can be top dawg.
>>
File: image.jpg (185 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
185 KB, 400x400
>>337814751
>>
>>337808254
I played it on PC. Camera control is much better. However, time to time, camera starts spinning or lock-up after a kill. Dunno what that is about.
>>
I hope one of the DLCs is about Seath's glorious return.

In Dark Souls 1 he was cool and a fucking science dragon, and in Dark Souls 2 it's revealed that he somehow made his soul able to retain his consciousness so he could continue science fun time.

Dark Souls 3 is the real outlier here. He has tons of references, and the consumed king is explicitly stated to be fucked up because he tried to follow Seath's teachings but

Where is he? Why has he not reincarnated in any way towards the end of the world here? If he was able to science shit up overseas and take mental control of a giant spider, why the hell does he not make a DaS3 appearance at all? Feels like a lot of buildup for literally nothing.
>>
Will I fail Sirris of the Sunless Realms questline if I respec at Rosaria?
>>
>>337815535
Yes, do it after you finish her questline. You'll know it's finished because you can find her talisman near a grave. She'll be dead.
>>
>>337803592
Solaire is possibly the final boss

That said going by how fucky time is he could conceivably be both gwyn's son and the soul of cinder
>>
>>337815795
WHY DID MY WAIFU DIE?!
>>
>>337807383
I've been crushed by Nameless over and over
Two Princes took turns fucking my ass

But in three playthroughs with three different playstyles, I have not died to this boss once.

I don't get it. Am I just getting lucky
>>
>>337811054
put it out of it's misery after being beaten to shit by whatever the player is using
>>
>>337817482
I find Dancer relatively easy. And I feared her most, since she was officially hyped by From.

Nameless and Pontiff were raping my shit. But they're still cool fight. It's a great duel when you learn their movesets. Only it's a bit tedious to go over that wyvern bit before Nameless.
>>
>>337815795
why does every NPC in these games fucking kill themselves after they complete whatever mission they're on? You're young and in your prime dammit. Don't just off yourself because you avenged your grandpa or killed some vampire queen or whatever
>>
File: 73JTru4.jpg (245 KB, 1240x1754) Image search: [Google]
73JTru4.jpg
245 KB, 1240x1754
>People actually thinking Nameless King is Ornstein

Through descriptions of the Leo Ring and Ornstein's Armour we know that isn't true. Ornstein was the first knight of Nameless King, and when Lordran was going to shit and Gwyn was off smouldering in the Kiln he left Anor Londo in search of his old master. Given his armour is found right after beating Nameless King, we can assume no matter how long it took him, he eventually got there. Tfw all three Ornstein's you face in each game aren't actually him.
>>
>>337817871
Hopefully we get another revisit of his character in the DLC. Maybe it'll even be about him

And when you actually meet him we see that that black goo shit took him over already
>>
>>337817871
Which armor says that? DaS 1, 2, or 3?
>>
>>337818254
>>
>>337812780
The profane flame is related to the abyss, we know this because of the profane coal. Maybe, it's abyss corrupted flame, profane itself implies a lack of respect, especially for values that can be compared to "holiness/religious" shit.

Pontiff Sulayvahn discovered yhorm and the profane capitals ruins after the profane flame grew out of control to contain it, destroying their civilisation, hence all the burnt bodies in yhorm's room.

Yhorm himself has risen just like the ashen one, aldrich and the abyss watchers, and this is why siegward is coming at this point, he knows that the ringing of the bell indicates that the lords of cinder are needed to rekindle the flame, and siegward himself might be an ashen one like hawkwood, which would explain timeline inconsistency with catarina.

So Yhorm, ruler over a bunch of people once subjugated, descended from a lineage of conquerors, which is probably the dark souls 2 set of giants, as they are implicit in their turning to trees, and the message in yhorms room directly compares taking him down with the storm ruler to "storms destroying greatwoods" etc, in addition his general look and armour is far too familiar for it to simply be nothing.

Yhorm himself is abyss corrupted, we know that because of his red eyes, similar abyss corruptions can be seen in carthus, and the tainted abyss watchers who fought carthus, whereas wolnir himself was far too scared of the abyss to ever fall to it.

Pontiff Sulayvahn discovered the profane flame and remnants of yhorm's civilisation, and it gave him a burning ambition, during the fight with sulayvahn, he notably grows branch like wings, which extend violently outwards.

Other examples of this happening include the londor pilgrims, who eventually turn into the piglrim butterflies.

What we know of londor is that it is a land of darkness, and that kaathe is involved, therefore it can be tied to the abyss.

Therefore, tree's, londor, profane flame and yhorm are all connected.
>>
>>337818338
Well I'll be damned. Man I really wanted him to be Ornstein. Oh well.
>>
are the witches locks any good for pyromancers?

...Are they worth using in PVP?
>>
>>337817871

Why the FUCK does the player version of Ornstein's armor NEVER HAVE THE FUCKING RED TASSLE?

It's literally the difference between that helmet looking awesome and looking stupid as fuck. Artorias' helmet has it, why the fuck not Ornstein. Fuck.
>>
>>337818578
>claims to love Ornstein
>didn't even read his armor

anon
>>
So the abyss is the most powerful force in the game lore right?
>>
>>337818693
I don't especially love Ornstein, I just really like the idea of him going on this journey and eventually becoming Nameless King.
>>
>>337818646
if you're a pyro, you most likely want the Gargoyle Spear

But I'm assuming Chaos Estocs are probably pretty good too
>>
>>337818687
The red tassel isn't part of the armour, it's his actual hair. Hence why some thought he's one of Gwyn's kids.
>>
>>337818837
Well, some dude just went down there and murdered it's creator in Souls 1 so take from that what you will
>>
>>337819005

Wait what? Source?
>>
File: wolnir(1).jpg (98 KB, 1344x756) Image search: [Google]
wolnir(1).jpg
98 KB, 1344x756
High Lord Wolnir is the MC from Dark Souls 2.

Discuss.
>>
File: 1429045221531.jpg (56 KB, 593x640) Image search: [Google]
1429045221531.jpg
56 KB, 593x640
>>337818874
I especially love Ornstein but only when he dies in Anor Londo in 1 like a good boy so I guess I can understand the disappointment.

>your headcanon will never ever be true
>>
>>337812715
>>337805982

theres also a wargod shield that has nothing to do with either
>>
>>337807483
If OP or anyone is actually having trouble with the fight, this webm shows where to stand. Always want to roll toward the leg on the side where she's holding the sword NOT on fire when she attacks. Then just watch out for other telegraphs like the grab or black splash damage. Also when she screams you can count the 8 rotations she will do if it helps to know exactly when to run in. You always get a little window when she finishes spinning and it's always 8 spins.
>>
File: 1439414834909.gif (2 MB, 448x252) Image search: [Google]
1439414834909.gif
2 MB, 448x252
>>337819171
>Conquered various kingdoms claiming their crowns
>Is an undead that isn't actually dead and has remained as a skeleton
>Is fucking huge, presumably meaning he's gained a lot of souls to grow to that size

I wouldn't be surprised iah.
>>
>>337819063
But the abyss is something corrupting everything that is nigh unstoppable
>>
File: Kiriya Aoi - 00048.jpg (157 KB, 837x810) Image search: [Google]
Kiriya Aoi - 00048.jpg
157 KB, 837x810
>Kingdom of Lothric
>Lothric Castle
>King Oceiros Lothric
>Lorian Lothric
>Lothric Lothric
>>
>>337819171
How so?
>>
>>337819590
>Lorian and Lothric run far away from their father
>to a room higher in the castle
>>
What the fucking fuck is THE DEEP?!
Is it just the Abyss in overdrive? Or is it something much worse that we've yet to see?
>>
>>337819391
The war god shield is very obviously related to the mound makers, the mad covenant offering shackles to who knows what.

The shield directly states that it refers to a mad god who is sometimes revered as a war god.

What would be really interesting would be them making faraam, known as the war god in dark souls 2, a character or boss in the dlc, directly referring to him as "mad god faraam" or some shit.

The cursed greatwood itself has a ton of dark souls 2 like implications, not the least it being a giant tree, almost like the "giant trees", and the various dark souls 2 items you can make out of it.
>>
>>337819590

In case you haven't realized, characters don't have last names, they have appellations in keeping with the faux-medieval setting. It would be "Oceiros of Lothric" or "Lorian of Lothric". Whereas Lothric himself probably wasn't given an actual name, because from birth he was destined to be kindling (same reason why his only clothes were ceremonial scrolls they burned).
>>
>>337819294
I still stand by the DaS1 and 2 bits of >>337811126
>>
>>337819676
Pretty much what >>337819538 said. Though I hadn't put the "he's fuckhuge because of all the lords he killed" thing together.
>>
>>337818513
How do we know the pilgrims turn into the Pilgrim Butterflies? All we know is that they are abyss related.

I'll agree the Profane Flame is Abyss-related, considering it specifically targeted humans/humanity. Karla and Dusk's ring are also near the Profane Capital, both having had contact with the Abyss. Only problem with Yhorm being a DaS2 giant is that DaS2 giants did not have eyes, only face holes, but I agree the armor and fighting style is reminiscent of the Giant Lord.
>>
>>337819861
>My dear brother, unyielding sword of Lothric's prince
Makes sense
>>
>>337819538
It wouldn't make sense though. Having the collected crown would mean he's permanently human, not corrupted. Furthermore, why would he need the rings then, considering the Chosen could walk the Abyss easily with the Seekers of the Dark?
>>
>>337820010
Cleric Blue Robe:
>Garb worn by a cleric turned undead. Unmistakable vibrant blue robes.

It is said that the blue-robed travelers were entrusted with a duty.

They bore large covers on their backs to ensure that they would not become seedbeds for spreading darkness.
>>
>>337803285
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwjUe4B_g7M

Obligatory video. And yes I´m shilling it for free because it explains lot of lore and disproves lot of retarded theories.
>>
>>337819895
>>337819538
Where did you guys get the info about conquering kingdoms for their crowns? Playing the game right now and just checked his soul description. It only says he sentenced a lot of souls to death.
>>
File: Lothric high wall trees.png (3 MB, 1912x1048) Image search: [Google]
Lothric high wall trees.png
3 MB, 1912x1048
>>337820010
My current theory is that as giants become more and more abyss corrupted, they eventually turn into faceless holes.

This would help to link the giant trees in dark souls 2 being faceless, and why yhorm himself hasn't started to spring roots yet.

In essence, as the abyss corrupts them, they begin to "hollow".

The pilgrim butterflies aren't exactly a definite 100% thing yet, but it's somewhat likely.

The nature of the pilgrims having the stones on their back implies that they are trying to stop growth, the various hollow/tree things in lothric high wall is both reminiscent of the butterflies and also possibly correlates to the pilgrims arrival.
>>
>>337807483

>using twin hammers
>wearing a metal helmet with leather armor
>wearing a shield on your back
>it isnt the grass shield
>you wear a cloranthy ring anyway

end your life

>>337807597
>>337808254
>>337808328
>>337808528

you just lock on and target the king and not the dragon. if you cant dodge all his hugely telegraphed attacks and perfect phase 1 then you need to quit
>>
Nice lore thread.

Can someone explain why fire was so important? Since humans can clearly exist without it. For example, a maid is alive when you visit Unattended Graves, which presumably takes place after the fire fades.
>>
>>337820910
In addition, we see from the statues in grand archives that one of the figures, who looks very much like a londor pilgrim with weird growths coming out from his back

one looks like a suffering man with the faint vestiges of wings coming from his back

The other looks like a man with a serpent growing from his back

And the last is a primordial serpent with wings.

This could explain metaphorically the process:

>Londor pilgrims worship under kaathe
>the hollowing process from abyss corruption eventually causes them to turn into tree butterflies
>this in effect caused by the control of the snakes
>>
>>337820769
You can buy is crown after killing him. Also, boss soul weapon descriptions.
>>
>>337817850
In Alfred's case, he did kill the last Cainhurst so he is now out of heretics to purge. He was literally out of the only job he ever trained for.
>>
>>337821607
Fire was more a thing for god and lords than it was for human,s but after so many cycles of the flame getting linked, humans just grew accustomed to it to the point that it is all they know.
>>
>>337813018
Literally every other weapon is the easy mode weapon.
>>
File: 1337359948070.png (53 KB, 342x453) Image search: [Google]
1337359948070.png
53 KB, 342x453
>>337803592
>Yeah he is solaire.
>>
>>337821962
He started out as a hunter like you, he says so. He could have done some good by just going back to that. He could have done SOMETHING with his skills. But nope, out of vampires, time to die
>>
>>337822323
Maybe vampire hunting was too much fun and going back to beasts just didn't do it for him anymore. Granted if he just waited a bit longer, you could have revived the queen for him to fight again.
>>
>>337819171
Descriptions from his shit makes me think so.

>A holy sword eroded by the Abyss. When Wolnir fell to the Abyss, he was gripped by a fear of true darkness, and pleaded to the gods for the first time.

>Lord Wornir of Carthus sentenced countless souls to gruesome deaths, keen to outlive them all.

>Once upon a time, crowns were bequeathed judiciously to each of the rightful lords, until Wolnir brought them to their knees, and ground their crowns to dust. Then the crowns became one, and Wolnir, the one High Lord.

Assuming the "beyond light and dark" ending is canon, he's probably the Bearer of the Curse.
>>
>>337822601
Honestly I feel like there should have been more of them in the game in general
>>
>>337822643

Oh shit that's actually really interesting.
>>
Is it possible to dodge King of the Sky's Flame attack (the one he does from above)?

Literally no matter what I do, I still get hit by that move. Any tips on Nameless KIng's first form?
>>
>>337823498
you shouldn't even trigger it because it only happens if you get under the belly of the dragon, something that you should never do, get good, idiot
>>
>>337815535
No. You just can't give her any Tongues or wear the covenant item.
>>
>>337823498
yeah, if you see him flying upwards just roll four or five times away from it.It's less bullshit than the one from Ancient Dragon
>>
>>337821125
>>337813018
What's so bad about using the twin hammers? Are you upset that someone made a meme about them?
>>
>>337807383
I just beat her at SL27 (not gud enough to beat her before Bort). She's way easier with a greatshield, but there aren't any that early and all good ones have high stat requirements. So instead I used the stone parma and cast magic shield on it for slightly more stability/defenses, fallen knight set for more fire resist and raw astora SS+4.

In her first phase it's better to stay on her right most of the time as she has a fast swipe she can do if you're directly in front or on her sword side. Be aware that she can follow up attacks into three hit combos, but you should be able to dodge everything in this phase and be aggressive without getting hit with some practice. The overheads with the delay actually get me the most, her grab is so easy to roll through and is telegraphed so obvious it's free damage.

2nd phase is where you put the shield up, as she's faster and more aggressive. It's harder to dodge everything perfectly so having a shield that can block most of the damage makes it much easier to block attacks you roll too late on. Don't panic roll when she's mid-combo, you might survive better if you just block it. When she does a combo, try to roll behind her in case it's her 5 hit combo. Hide behind pillars for cover esp. during beyblade spin. Safest moves to punish are upward cross chop, plunging sword explosion and jumping explosion (after follow up spin).

If you're not fighting her early, just grab a cathedral knight greatshield or better and just tank her.
>>
>>337824547
dude you used a straight sword
>>
>>337818041
>recycle boss in game
>people whine
>release game where he's not there
>put him in DLC please
Fucking what?
>>
>>337825602
no one is whining about Ornstein being in shit you mongoloid
>>
>>337822643
I guess the only issue is that the carthus enemies and area are implied to be related to a desert like area.

Even Wolnir's boss room, which is pretty obviously a teleport to the abyss by way of his chalice, similar to other referential time based teleports in the series like manus and the crowns, seems likely that it takes place in a "sand pit" like area.

I would like to see a dlc for carthus to be honest, to expand on both what would be a cool setting, a desert, interesting enemies like sandworms, and could potentially expand on the one area I feel is kind of underdeveloped in dark souls 3, the catacombs.

Maybe profane capital as well, by way of the giant tree.
>>
Does the chloranthy ring stack with the grass crest shield?
>>
>>337826493
being a whore stacks with multiple dicks in your mom
>>
>>337826493
yes, though i think someone did the math and the regen you get is not really worth it. seems using the green blossom item gives way more regen then those two combined
>>
>>337825893
People whined about him being in DkS II, nancy.
>>
File: MEMEZAKI.jpg (31 KB, 480x319) Image search: [Google]
MEMEZAKI.jpg
31 KB, 480x319
Alva the Wayfarer
Alva the seeker of the spurned

Alva who was in a relationship with zullie by way of her tricking him, but blossoming anyway

Zullie the black witch

Alva the seeker of the spurned of the irithyll dungeon entrance

Karla the locked away npc of irithyll dungeon, a black witch

The jailer aristocrats of the profane capital

The profane capital, which has been burned by the profane flames disaster, a flame corrupted by dark, or the abyss

Karla the only locked away member of the jail controlled by the former people of the profaned capital

Karla who is implicitly involved with dark/abyssal magic

Yhorm who is compared to a giant tree being taken down by a storm, and is taken down by the stormruler

The giants in dark souls 2 who have tree's growing out of them

YHORM IN DARK SOULS 3 WHO LIKES LIKE THE GIANT LORD

ALVA AND KARLA WHO IS JAILED BY THE RUINED PROFANE CAPITAL'S ONLY CURRENT RESIDENTS

WHY IS SHE JAILED?

WHY IS SHE WITH YHORM?

KARLA ZULLIE YHORM GIANT LORD PROFANE CAPITAL ABYSS DISASTER ALVA TREES LONDOR PROFANE FLAME PONTIFF SULAYVAHN TREE WINGS BUTTERFLY PILGRIMS DARKLURKER

WHAT DID MIYAZAKI MEAN BY THIS
>>
>>337814665
>transistory lands
First flame is pulling different lands together
>>
>>337827710
yes
>>
who is rosaria
>>
>>337809270
>Either he turned to the dragons after he lost the Annuals
his name was removed from the annals becaise he sided with the dragons
>>
File: nashandra.jpg (516 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
nashandra.jpg
516 KB, 1920x1080
Why is this in irithyll of the boreal valley
>>
>>337827710
To add to this, Karla sells black pyromancies

KARLA FLAME PYROMANCY PROFANE FLAME JAILER
>>
>>337807483
>the king of the ramba beat
>>
>>337829908
Because pontiff sulayvahn is an abyss worshipper, at the hands of the profane flame

The profane flame is an attempt to control dark magic or the abyss into the same shit that spurns life, only it had horrendous consequences, like in profane capital

Knowing of yhorm's involvement, sullyvahn probably had some level of contact with the kingdom that had wars with giants in drangleic, which would indicate why their are drang warriors in the anor londo courtyard
>>
>>337815509
Seath and Ocellote DLC when?
>>
File: worm.jpg (39 KB, 313x515) Image search: [Google]
worm.jpg
39 KB, 313x515
>>337805378
Some people actually believe that.
>>
File: No_one_believed_him.png (1 MB, 1280x1045) Image search: [Google]
No_one_believed_him.png
1 MB, 1280x1045
Why did nameless switch side
>>
If Chosen Undead killed Manus in DaS1 why is the Abyss still around? If the Chaos Flame faded, and the Abyss is to Humanity as the Chaos Flame is to the First Flame, why is the Abyss still going strong?
>>
the dlc is going to explain everything like in 2

mark my words
>>
>>337830572
I like the theory that since he was the God of War, his lust for battle was so gteat he turned against his father to prolong the war.
>>
>>337830572
NK realized killing dragons are pointless maybe?
>>
>>337831059
But why everyone thought they should kill the dragons? I mean, just chill with your new found Lords' Soul man.
>>
>>337820910
What if the Pus of Man and turning into trees are two sides of the same of the same system. I can see people growing into trees as the 'natural' way for this to develop, and the Pus of Man and the Pilgrim Butterflies as the the 'unnatural' way. Like the Pilgrims are preventing the trees from forming naturally, and instead forcing the darkness to fester underneath the shells.
>>
>>337823498
He roars before doing either of the fire attacks, so if you hear him roar, and see him fly up, then run. If you go exactly in the direction the dragon was facing before he flies up, then you can avoid the attack.
>>
>>337823498
Don't get below him, stay in front and attack his head.
>>
God the Souls fanbase is fucking insufferable. Why does everyone have to be someone? Just let characters exist.
>>
>>337819861
> same reason why his only clothes were ceremonial scrolls they burned

except they tell you the reason why he wears only soft cloth in the fucking game. it's because he's superweak and any other fabric hurts him.
>>
It's a sad day when reddit does a better job at analysing than 4chan
>>
>>337830290
Not soon enough
Thread replies: 172
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.