[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Neverwinter Nights
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 12
Does anyone know any good Shifter builds for this game? I'm not sure how many levels I should put in druid and how many I should put in shifter. Should I put any levels in monk form and should I get any feats for heavy armor proficiency or martial weapons or should I stick with scimitars? I want to use humanoid forms too.
>>
>>337798725
http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/188666-neverwinter-nights/faqs/27914
http://nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Druid_8/_monk_4/_shifter_28
>>
>>337798725
>>337798725
does anyone play this game online nowadays, any active communities??
>>
>>337799201
That shifter druid monk build seems so be focused on unarmed forms. Will regular forms still be effective? Also classes get an increase in BAB every 4 levels right?
>>
>>337799383
http://www.nwnlist.com
>>
>>337799201
Just noticed that guide has a good pure build for HotU thanks.
>>
>>337799521
>http://www.nwnlist.com
that's only for unmodded, yes? thanks for info
>>
>>337799794
Nope there are modded servers too. Kinda funny how NWN1 has double the players.
>>
File: HiPS intensifies.gif (845 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
HiPS intensifies.gif
845 KB, 245x245
Where my ADWS bros at?

>>337798725
>heavy armour proficiency or martial weapons
iirc shapes get their own weapon proficiencies automatically, but heavy armour might be worth it for access to more armours to merge.

>>337799201
Is there a reason this build takes Monk 4 besides avoiding multiclass XP penalty?

>>337799420
http://nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Base_attack_bonus
>>
>>337799984
never played NWN online, I always heard about about how NWN1 was one of the best online RPG experiences ever...
>>
>>337800017
I'm planning on using this build for HotU. Should I go 8 levels in druid, 8 levels in shidter, then one level in monk and dump points into discipline and tumble? Should I get great cleave too? The AC bonus sounds too good to pass up but I don't really want to go lawful neutral.
>>
>>337799984
NWN2 never really took off because it's much harder to make mods for it.
>>
NWN2>NWN1
a small reminder
>>
File: beni.png (351 KB, 706x303) Image search: [Google]
beni.png
351 KB, 706x303
>>337800017
Right here.
>Is there a reason this build takes Monk 4 besides avoiding multiclass XP penalty?
No, "those levels provide access both to the monk's unarmed attack progression for shapes that attack with creature weapons".
>>
File: spiderdog.jpg (84 KB, 897x792) Image search: [Google]
spiderdog.jpg
84 KB, 897x792
>neverwinter nights still has mods being made
>divinity original sin doesnt have any good mods

fo shame, fo shame
>>
>>337800717
Apparently Divinity OS has a shitty editor that pretty much only lets you edit maps.

>>337800621
You're entitled to your own opinion no matter how wrong it is.
>>
>>337800717
>tfw no modern NWN equivalent with its own system that isn't dragged down by D&D's many issues
>>
>>337800831
Maps, dialogues, skills, items.
What else do you need to edit to make fun campaigns?
It already has way better mechanics and engine than NWN1.
>>
>>337800946
You could use Skyrim as an engine for such custom campaigns.
The story driven module crowd just never left NWN, never tried a new engine.
So Skyrim only ever had the old Oblivion waifus and graphix people working on it, with a few balance nuts here and there.
>>
>>337800235
You'll finish hotu around lvl 27. I wouldn't put more than required 5 druid levels.
>>
>>337801069
Skyrim is terrible for any custom content that isn't just models or environments.
>>
>>337801164
How so? I've made very basic attempts at scripting and as long as I had good code, it ran good.
Actors mover properly, animations triggered and played as expected.

I used to think the engine is garbage and thats why mods break, nowadays I think mods break because they arent written well.
>>
>>337801164
It also isn't very good for party-based gameplay.
>>
>>337800960
>It already has way better mechanics and engine than NWN1.
That a pretty low bar to pass

At first when I started OS I kind of enjoyed the idea of all the environmental effects and utility skills, but as the game continued on spending fifteen minutes every encounter figuring out how to make it as one sided as possible just wasn't fun anymore. On top of that, there's zero middle ground as to which way a fight will go, either you completely stomp the enemy or they completely stomp you, due once again to the fact that utility environmental effects are the only way to win. Hopefully the new one isn't as much of a chore to play.
>>
>>337801385
What about dialogue and quests? NWN1 had a great system that made it really easy to create dialogue trees.
>>
File: RED.jpg (85 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
RED.jpg
85 KB, 1366x768
>>337800235
Great cleave is nice, but not essential - I'd get it unless you're hurting for feats, but its utility for everything but cleaning up hordes falls off more and more later unless you've got something like Devastating Critical (or are a dragon)
>I don't want to go LN
Don't worry about Monk, then. You don't really need an optimised build for HotU, so just use a character you'll like. If you find yourself getting your teeth kicked in and need the extra AC, you can always add that one level later.

>>337800621
>>337800831
Prefer nwn2 = patrician taste
Prefer nwn = rivvil taste

>>337800712
Hey friendo!
Yeah, I was just wondering why it was four levels rather than one.
Did you end up messaging the mod creator? The latest dev version came out and the 'can't start the cuckolding storyline if you choose to participate at the first KxSxI scene' is listed as a bug where it wasn't before.
Also I finally managed to replicate it on the current release version, but I still couldn't get it to trigger consistently - kept being overridden by regular flat scenes
>>
>>337800960
They fucked up the mechanics with the Enhanced Edition. Now the game feeps more restricted than any class based system with the shitty revamped skill syatem.
>>
>>337801605
In the Creation Kit, all dialogue is organized into quests. Some quests are hidden from the player and exist solely for the purpose of containing dialogue (such as DialogueWhiterun), while others include both quest and dialogue content.

So yeah, it can be a bother. But its all GUI stuff again, you aren't writing down code most of the time.
Just click to create a quest, click to create a new dialogue for it, attack to NPC, etc.
>>
>>337801605
Don't forget stat and attribute checks which skyrim lacks.
>>
>>337801803
Campaings : 2>1
Multiplayer/Mods 1>>>2
>>
>>337801803
Next you're going to tell me the NWN2 OC is secretly brilliant and the story and dialogue being shit was just Obsidian deconstructing standard fantasy tropes.
>>
>>337801893
And greater freedom in writing dialogue since no one expects NWN modules to have voice acting.
>>
>>337801951
2 has one good campaign and it's only good for the story. Obsidian seems to have a serious problem with encounter design in all of their games.
>>
>>337802120
how did you know?
>>
>>337801951
You've got me there.
>demonheart will never be finished
>The Bastard of Kosigan will never be finished or fully translated
Life is truly suffering.

>>337802120
I-if you understand, anon, w-why don't you like the clearly superior nwn2 campaign?
>>
>>337801069
>The story driven module crowd just never left NWN, never tried a new engine.
It isn't just stubbornness or a refusal to look at new stuff. It's also the fact that TES and NWN have very different gameplay styles. Another problem is that with a self-contained module, you know everything that's there and can design accordingly, but with a TES game, everyone is using their own unique combination of mods that may or may not interact well with yours. You have no way of knowing if someone is using a mod that will completely ruin your design or throw the balance completely off.
>>
>>337802750
And the fact that TES is shit
>>
>>337801803
Didn't know that about new version, where did you get info about that bug?
>Also I finally managed to replicate it on the current release version, but I still couldn't get it to trigger consistently - kept being overridden by regular flat scenes
So how did you avoid this bug exactly?
>>
>>337801803
Oh man, I missed this image.
>>
>>337802549
>The Bastard of Kosigan will never be finished or fully translated
Or fix that bug in part 2 that crashes the game when you try to load a save.
>>
Anyone here play Swordflight? I see people suck its dick a lot.
>>
>>337802969
New dev version is up at the vault at
>http://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/module/dance-spies-developer-zone
From the changelog: "TODO Cuckolding is only available when the PC chose "to stand back and watch" during Homecoming 1, but not when he engages. Cuckolding/Swinger should also be available for an engaging PC."
>So how did you avoid this bug exactly
I couldn't, but once I got the talk with Kate in bed after just watching, I could get the cuckolding path to trigger consistently after coming back from Bentacuria. Just had to keep reloading to get the initial scene in the flat to trigger right.

>>337803256
>Or fix that bug in part 2 that crashes the game when you try to load a save.
Fuck, I know. Or that bug where unless you take a really specific, unintuitive way of importing into 3/4 it doesn't remember your choices right.
Part 2 has some of the best scenes, as well.
>Erine
>Bantering with Alex
>The whole party scene
>>
>>337802750
Self-contained modules also make compatibility and installation a bit simpler for the player; since a module only loads what the creator tells it to load, users can put a bunch of different hak paks and stuff into their NWN folder and not have to worry about them interfering where they don't belong. Meanwhile, with Skyrim, you always have to make sure a new mod doesn't screw up something in your existing mods.
>>
>>337804226
Lets not act like the nerds who play NWN in the current year are the type to have problems installing more mods.
>>
>>337804062
>is only available when the PC chose "to stand back and watch" during Homecoming 1, but not when he engages
But that's exactly what i chose back then.
>after coming back from Bentacuria
For the first time or the second?
>>
>>337804062
>Part 2 has some of the best scenes, as well.
Plus some important story decisions. The kind where you'd usually want to make a save right before them so you can easily go back and try the other option later. But you can't do that. And even if you could, it might not work right in the later modules, because of the other problems you mentioned.
>>
>>337804690
Even if you know what you're doing, it's always nice when things are easier to manage.
>>
File: Chapter 1_0001.jpg (67 KB, 353x259) Image search: [Google]
Chapter 1_0001.jpg
67 KB, 353x259
>Bioware used to be self aware
What happened bros??
>>
>>337805475
EA happened
>>
File: Sera_at_the_Tavern.png (940 KB, 1167x900) Image search: [Google]
Sera_at_the_Tavern.png
940 KB, 1167x900
>>337805475
They also used to give you romance options who were actually attractive.
>>
>>337804895
Also while digging in toolset I realised there's a cock size parameter based on your character constitution.
>>
>>337800017
I never played ADWS because you have to play as a man
send help
>>
>>337805475
That's Obsidian, you stupid stupid fucking cunt kill yourself you useless piece of shit, moron moron moron eat a dick
>>
>>337806352
Read some lewd dialogues with MC wife in toolset and you'll love it.
>>
>>337806383
That's HotU dipshit
>>
>>337805876
>You couldn't romance Neeshka in NWN2
Everyone seems to be mad at Bioware because of Mass Effect 3's ending.
But not me.
I will remain mad forever because I couldn't romance best girl.
>>
>>337803450
It's supposed to be pretty hardcore in terms of difficulty, so keep that in mind. I've heard it severely restricts resting, which is a big problem for spellcasters.
>>
>>337806535
Is the story actually interesting though?
>>
>>337806730
I don't know. I haven't heard much about it beyond those few things. I tend to lose interest quickly when I hear about heavy resting restrictions.
>>
>>337804895
The second time.
What I mean is, once I figured out how to get the talk with Kate in bed, when you return from Bentacuria the second time I could get the scene to consistently trigger. Maybe it's just bugged in general?
I know it took me a few tries to get it to trigger after Bentacuria, but once I had triggered it every reload of that character it worked.
>>337806290
Shit, it's con? I just found it too (sourcediving dialogue files from the dev build) but I didn't know if it was constitution or charisma. Makes sense though, because if you want a top-tier pettanko Princess you need to gimp your con.
Would you mind posting the values (or at least where the parameter is so I can find it?)

>>337804906
Yeah, I know. Life is truly suffering ;_;
Was there anything in particular you were curious about? I can help you out, if you'd like.
If I ever remember how I overcame the variable-transfer bug and can replicate it most or all of the time, I'll post the answer on the Vault (or any current nwn threads)
>>
>>337806431
Does this mod allow me to be a cuckold?
>>
>>337807079
That's exactly what we discuss with >>337807028
gentleman.
>>337807028
At least 14 con for big, it's a script called "checks" in toolset.
>>
>>337806352
I was sceptical at first too, but once I actually tried it I loved it. It has some cute relationships, nice characters, and some really great lewd scenes (both romance and one-shots)
Do what >>337806431 recommended if you're still unsure.

Also protip: give your character your own first name.
Sadly, only one or two true femdom scenes

>>337807079
Yeah, and it has some of the best scenes. It's really more of a synergistic/swinging deal than true cuckolding though (unless you want it to be)
>>
>>337807079
>>337807564
cucks
>>
>>337807028
>Was there anything in particular you were curious about? I can help you out, if you'd like.
Not at the moment. I gave up on that series in frustration over a year ago. Maybe I'll go back to it someday if I have nothing else to play.
>>
>>337807564
I'm still not sure what exact phrase is "to stand back and watch". That one where you're masturbating, right?
>>
>>337807291
>>337807825
Thanks. I always just assumed it was taken for granted, thank god I always make a character with at least 14 con

>>337807665
Where do you think you are?
Also, I hope you realise that 'allow' doesn't mean 'makes'

>>337807825
That's the one. Give me a sec and I'll find the dialogue path I used.
>>
>>337808017
I played with pre-created character, he wasn't min maxed in that sense.
>>
File: Lawful waifu.jpg (96 KB, 700x1000) Image search: [Google]
Lawful waifu.jpg
96 KB, 700x1000
>>337806501
Patrician taste, my friend.
>qt
>fiery
>good sense of humour
>always useful and wanting your affection
I can't even believe some people don't pass her final Influence check.
All I wanted to do was make cute Paladin babies with her. Safiya is a pretty good waifu, though.
>tfw there's a mod that restores/expands her romance but I haven't had the guts to try it.

>>337807803
Sorry to hear that, man. By the Word and Blade is really good, in fact everything's good once you hit epic levels. It also has a bitch-hard final boss.
Were you the anon I was having this same conversation with about a month ago in one of these threads?
>>
>>337809603
>Were you the anon I was having this same conversation with about a month ago in one of these threads?
Yes, I think so.
>>
File: the_dove_by_smailika07[.jpg (579 KB, 680x1020) Image search: [Google]
the_dove_by_smailika07[.jpg
579 KB, 680x1020
>>337806501
That's actually Obsidian's fault, not Bioware's. Obsidian made NWN2.

Personally, I was disappointed that Kaelyn wasn't a romance option.
>>
>>337806501
>>337809603
Neeshka a shit
>>
>>337809603
>tfw there's a mod that restores/expands her romance but I haven't had the guts to try it.
Is that the same one that gives you an option to "gently pull Neeshka's tail"?
>>
>>337810065
Likewise, but I guess Kaelyn is just too pure
Is there a better feel than fighting alongside her after she's made you one of the Menagerie?

>>337810090
Fucking take back what you said about my waifu, rivvil

>>337810293
No idea since I've never tried it but that sounds cute.
>>
>>337810428
>Likewise, but I guess Kaelyn is just too pure
You know, you'd think angels/celestials would actually be very sexual, since they're all about love and warmth and all that.

>Is there a better feel than fighting alongside her after she's made you one of the Menagerie?
Or a greater disappointment than the game not letting you continue fighting alongside her in any of the endings?
>>
>>337808694
...I didn't even know there was a pregenerated character. I'm glad I didn't minmax too much either, it ended up being a ;ot easier than ADWR to get through.
Anyway, dialogue from when the scene starts (when you walk into the flat):
>1 [go look
>6 well well
>4 [take
>1
>3 nod
Should get a rel improvement
[go to bed]
>[rest]
>1 I felt the same
>2 about what
>2 only natural
>1 [kiss her]
>2 Turns me on as well
>1 That you
>1 Yes

>>337809784
Well, fuck. Sorry, dude - I know I promised you I'd check already, and I simply haven't got around to it. I will try soon though, and if I get it to work I'll post it on the mod page.
>>
>>337810428
>Is there a better feel than fighting alongside her after she's made you one of the Menagerie?
Yes. Listening to her talk. Give me Kaelyn in one ear and Laura Bailey in the other and I'd probably collapse from an overload of arousal and ASMR.
>>
>>337810820
That's exactly what i chosed. But there were no scenes after the second arrival from Betancuria.
I noticed error messages at the start of new chapters(before travel in betancuria for example), something about Imoen state "numbers" should be "different numbers", so maybe it was the cause.
>>
>>337800583
I think it also had really high requirements for its time, so that excluded a lot of people.
>>
>>337808017
So you need to have at least 14 con to be able to trigger the cuck scene?
>>
>>337812996
No, it's different things.
>>
>>337812104
I'd say you must've hit an error with Imoen then, I never had that and she's involved with some of the scenes later on.

Honestly I have no idea how you could resolve it beyond starting a new character if you had the patience, sorry man.

>>337812996
No, that's something unrelated.
But you should have at least 14 con anyway, what kind of build are you even running?
>triggering the cuckolding scene
Hahahaha... good luck, anon.
>>
>>337813432
>good luck, anon.

Why? Is it really that difficult?
>>
>>337813432
>starting a new character
That's exactly what i'm considering. If i add some gold/items/stats with debug mode - will that cause problems?
>>
>>337813542
It's pretty unintuitive (due to a bug)
Protip: at one stage, you return home from a journey to another city and there's a certain scene with your wife where you have the options of a) flipping out b) participating and c) just watching and you have to just watch, because if you participate it doesn't trigger the right conversation.
Of course, make sure you save so you can enjoy the full scene where you participate, too. In fact, save a fuckton, because a bunch of scenes (not all lewd) get triggered when you return to your flat in the evening
You can always ask at the mod page (or even in one of these threads) if you need help.

>>337813871
Naw, it won't - that's exactly what I did my last run, it was easy enough the first time. At the very least I'd increase your stats and give yourself some gold, giving yourself a really high INT for mad skills is fun too.
Good luck, m8! I hope it works this time.
>>
>>337800174
I had a lot of memorable moments, both playing a mini "mmo" server that had persistent worlds and also on arena servers which were surprisingly fun, everybody got divided into two teams by the alignment they chose, had persistent leveling and always the same bunch of people logging in made for a nice sense of community and rivalry.
>>
>>337814504
Thanks, i'll try with the latest stable version then.
>>
>>337800583
And it was very buggy and ran like shit
>>
>>337816019
That too, yeah.
>>
>>337798725
I have a good shifter build guide.
But its written in korean.

:^)
>>
>>337800621
Nope

Nwn1 is better.
>>
>>337816735
If only you could control your companions, it would be perfect.
>>
>>337816019
Well, Obsidian made it, what do you expect?
>>
>>337816986
I both like it and hate it. I like not having to manage of bunch of party members all the time but I hate when a module throws a really tough encounter at me and I can't use my henchmen to their full capabilities. It's a non issue in multiplayer though.
>>
File: 1453805939650.jpg (182 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1453805939650.jpg
182 KB, 900x900
>>337800017
>the kate cuckolding storyline
>when you can eat her pussy after a bunch of guys all came inside her
>>
>>337818726
>t. Anthony Burch
>>
>>337818606
I think it also makes pure spellcasters useless as companions. You really need direct control over them to make them work well.
>>
>>337818726
>imply the best scene isn't where she comes home and makes I fuck you, or when she comes home and wants to be immediately fucked by you because you're better than everyone else
>>
>>337818726
Bigger cu-ck than Anthony Burch
>>
File: meme.png (28 KB, 256x228) Image search: [Google]
meme.png
28 KB, 256x228
>>337801803
>red wizard
DELETE THIS
>>
>>337816735
More modules, too.
>>
>>337819550
Bards seem to make good henchmen. I can never build a good bard though.
>>
File: 1427792901020.png (311 KB, 461x531) Image search: [Google]
1427792901020.png
311 KB, 461x531
>>337818945
>>337821118
>when you get bullied
>>
>>337821926
They're not pure spellcasters, though, like a sorcerer or a wizard. And their spells are mostly buffs you'll want to cast before combat, which works okay in modules where you can ask them to cast spells on you through dialogue.
>>
>>337822539
That's why they're good henchmen.
>>
So for HotU should I go 8 levels in druid and the rest in shifter?
>>
>>337823197
5 druid, 1 monk, rest is shifter.
>>
>>337823715
Should I go 5 druid, 9 shifter, then 1 monk so I can dump points in tumble and discipline?
>>
>>337823857
It's not that important, monk AC bonus as soon as you have first shifter form will be more useful.
>>
>>337824235
I'll be starting HotU at level 15 so that's not an issue.
>>
>>337824335
It's good idea to take a monk level at15th lvl then.
>>
>>337824674
For feats I'm planning on getting power attack, knockdown, heavy armor proficiency, mobility, and dodge. Any of those not worth taking or any important ones I'm missing?
>>
>>337824946
You dont need heavy armor. Get feats for unarmed attack. Also check this faq >>337799201
>>
>>337825381
Are you sure I should get unarmed feats when I can get +10 weapons?
>>
>>337818606
>I hate when a module throws a really tough encounter at me and I can't use my henchmen to their full capabilities.
I feel like this limits what module creators can do. They can't make encounters too detailed or require too much coordination because they know the player can only control their character, who could be any class.
>>
>>337825540
Your weapon doesn't merge with most of the forms.
>>
>>337826031
They can balance that with class specific equipment.
>>
hows nwn 1 original campaign i heard it was really bad its only famous for a dlc and modules
>>
>>337827646
It's not that bad it's just boring. Just play Shadows of Undrentide and Hordes of the Underdark
>>
>>337827913
are these dlc just modules which start separately or are they additional content to original campaign like more content
>>
>>337828434
SoU and HotU are different campaigns, they are proper expansions. There are some reference to the OC, but overall the story is different.

OC isn't that bad either, but it's definitely the low point of the series.
>>
>>337828434
They're separate but SoU and HotU are connected
>>
>>337827646
i recommend skipping the OC for NWN1 and 2.
>>
Is iwd2 basically nwn with 6 characters?
>>
>>337831569
not at all
>>
>>337826105
There are still some pretty good forms that can take advantage of +10 weapons and armor
>>
>>337831569
It's basically IWD1 with slightly different ruleset.
>>
>>337834756
Watered down 3E and the story was written in 2 days because Interplay was sinking and needed money.
Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.