[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
creating film/video content is part of Nintendo's plans
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 10
creating film/video content is part of Nintendo's plans to strengthen the brand
- they're doing this to make sure their IP can reach even more people than before
- Nintendo is in talks with various companies and something should be finalized in the near futures
- Hollywood collaborations are possible, but are just one avenue Nintendo could take to approach a global scale
- Nintendo wants to use IPs that are quite popular and they're working on something everyone can enjoy
- Nintendo is aware that there is a strong demand for a Legend of Zelda movie
- Nintendo cites the failure of the Super Mario Bros. movie as a reason why they'd like to handle most things themselves
- doesn't seem like movie projects will be fully live-action
- Nintendo has a strong stable of IP and would like to do something with Mario and Zelda
- the move into creating movies is just another way Nintendo is looking to expand their brand recognition
- selling off much of their stake in the Seattle Mariners is part of that strategy
- Kimishima believes the company needs to invest heavily in new areas such as film production moving forward
- proceeds from the sale of their stake in the Seattle Mariners will actually be used to fund those investments
- no official date for the release of film projects at this time, but looking to create something before 5 years in time
- making money from films is certainly hoped for, but their main goal is to increase the number of people who follow Nintendo
- Nintendo's core business is still making games and platforms for game playing
- Nintendo has learned a lot from making Pokemon films and knows it's important for the films to guide players to the games
- Miyamoto will be involved in the film creation as well
http://gonintendo.com/stories/257701-nintendo-president-details-movie-plans-goals-for-mobile-miitomo

WILL YOU UNDERSTAND?
What movies/TV series do you want to see from Nintendo?
>>
File: 1456717996490.png (346 KB, 628x628) Image search: [Google]
1456717996490.png
346 KB, 628x628
>Selling IP rights to Hollywood just to make collab films
Hahaha, oh my fuck. I hope he loves shooting himself in the balls too.
>>
File: large.jpg (38 KB, 545x576) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
38 KB, 545x576
>>337787290
- Nintendo cites the failure of the Super Mario Bros. movie as a reason why they'd like to handle most things themselves
- doesn't seem like movie projects will be fully live-action
YOU WILL UNDERSTAND
>>
I'm not against Nintendo film if done right. Curious to see how this will go.
>>
>inb4 delusional metroidfags who wants a movie
>>
A metroid movie would be nice
>>
>>337789310
>>337789321
kek
>>
File: nah.png (37 KB, 183x265) Image search: [Google]
nah.png
37 KB, 183x265
>>337787129
>Miyamoto involved in film creation
>>
I'd prefer they stick to anime, anime shorts and stuff like that
>>
I hope it will be as good as the pokemon movies
>>
>>337787129
>Literally making movies.

It's okay when Nintendo does it.
>>
File: smug megaman.png (71 KB, 199x199) Image search: [Google]
smug megaman.png
71 KB, 199x199
>>337790369
still better than making movies and calling them games
>>
File: bitfiwata.png (202 KB, 900x692) Image search: [Google]
bitfiwata.png
202 KB, 900x692
>Iwata hasn't even been dead a full year yet and this bald motherfucker's got Nintendo doing mobile games and movies
>>
>Anime
Kid Icarus
FE
Advance Wars
Mother
Wii Fit shorts like Training with Hinako

>CGI
Mario
Zelda WW
Pikmin

>either
Metroid
Starfox
F-Zero
Animal Crossing

>>337790369
Making movies to attract people to your games is okay.
Making movies and calling them games is not.
>>
A series of Pokemon movies (I'm thinking five, each movie covering two badges with the last one being the Pokemon League) based on Red and Blue in the style of an 80s or 90s sports movies. Al Pacino as Giovanni.
>>
>>337787129
>Miyamoto will be involved in the film creation as well
>>
>>337789310
Its called Other M.

Also reminder that Miyamoto already worked on the pikmin short films.
>>
From the comments
>Mario Kart movie
>2 Kart 2 Furious
mite b cool
>>
File: 1462569844136.png (77 KB, 412x482) Image search: [Google]
1462569844136.png
77 KB, 412x482
>>337787129
>Pikman movie
>>
BUT WHERE'S THE NEXT ANIMAL CROSSING GAME
>>
>all you have to do is make some first party titles that don't suck or aren't grossly against people's wishes
>get some solid third party support
>lose the fucking gimmick for every console
>basically just be the gamecube 2.0
>cant even do this
>>
File: 1440786914197.gif (3 MB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
1440786914197.gif
3 MB, 240x180
>>337787129
>- Miyamoto will be involved in the film creation as well
>>
>>337791329
Right because the GCN sold so well.
Oh wait no it didn't.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.