[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>/v/ hates movie games >yet loves asura's wrath Explain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: asuras_wrath_ps3t.jpg (548 KB, 1376x1600) Image search: [Google]
asuras_wrath_ps3t.jpg
548 KB, 1376x1600
>/v/ hates movie games
>yet loves asura's wrath

Explain this
>>
Because its awesome
>>
>>337787017
/thread
>>
File: 1449084184054.jpg (240 KB, 763x800) Image search: [Google]
1449084184054.jpg
240 KB, 763x800
Because I did not treat it as a game, but an interactive anime
>>
>>337786953
Interactive anime with some crazy over-the top awesome and emotional moments (as in other than sheer rage) that you wouldn't expect from a character that runs on anger.
>>
File: 1378679419270.gif (863 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1378679419270.gif
863 KB, 500x281
>>337787108
>>337788618
It also used its QTE segments in a way that helped the story.
Dat last prompt the the final Yasha fight.
>>
>>337786953
Because it's a good movie. You can be on /v/ and like movies, you know.
>>
mgs4 was a good movie.
>>
>>337789921
NANOMACHINES!!
>>
>>337786953
because no one says it's the best game ever or that shows how videogames can be art, the gameplay was mediocre as hell, and the story wasn't good, but the action so over the top it was awesome.

there isn't any problem liking shit games, everyone has a guilty pleasure, the problem is when you are a idiot who can't accept that some thing you like has problems and it's far from perfect.
>>
>>337786953
Because it's autistic weebshit made in p*doland
>>
Honestly I thought it was trash and didn't get the hype.

/v/ is super into this kind of game though, people here generally love over the top action stuff regardless of what the actual game genre.
>>
>>337790250
It's definitely in my 2012 top 3
>>
>>337790358
Pretty much everyone agrees it's a shit game. It's just a cool over-the-top animu movie.

Also
>Ending sold separately

Bravo, Capcom.
>>
>>337790353
It was made in Britain?
>>
>>337790538
And there's still no special edition release with all the dlc.
>>
>>337786953
it seemed very self aware in what it was.
and the word of mouth was "dude it's like crazy anime you have to see this"
so the expectations were set properly.
it also dropped in price pretty quick and was dirt cheap.
>>
>>337786953
>QTEs don't kill you when you fail
>Even if they do, I never noticed because they're so God-damned easy it doesn't fucking matter
>The "lel so cinematic" shit is pretty great
>Creator probably wanted to make an anime but wasn't allowed so he made a game that was as much like an anime as he could
It's got a soul, OP. That's really the defining factor between AW and most other "cinematic" games.
>>
>>337790250
>the gameplay was mediocre as hell, and the story wasn't good, but the action so over the top it was awesome.
Rule of cool, anon. It's real and I love it. It's also one if the reasons I'm pretty sure most people don't complain about DMC3's story.
>>
>>337791060
DMC's story isn't bad and the gameplay is sublime, so that's kind of a poor example.
>>
>>337790996
This
It's not a soulless safe cinematic experience
>>
Because it has no illusions about not being a movie game.
Look at the movie games that people here dislike, many are claimed to be revolutionary and changing the industry. On the other hand Asura is just crazy over-the-top action.
>>
>>337786953
I don't know, I always thought it was a sorry excuse for a game.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.