[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here is afraid of playing multiplayer games? I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: 1405122382667.jpg (164 KB, 1000x664) Image search: [Google]
1405122382667.jpg
164 KB, 1000x664
Anyone here is afraid of playing multiplayer games?
I've been playing Age of Empires 2 for some time now against the AI, can win against moderate consistently but the idea of playing multiplayer just terrifies me.
Winning agains moderate AI is not an achievement but I guess there must be people on my level there right?
>>
Stop being a pussy and play online. You've failed enough in life, whats one more loss on that tally.

Problem solved.
>>
File: IMG-20160410-WA0009.jpg (102 KB, 1440x1404) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160410-WA0009.jpg
102 KB, 1440x1404
mfw over 1k wins on LoL co-op vs ai
>>
>>337786324
What's the worst that could happen? You lose. OMG THE STRUGGLE IS REAL TBQHFAM!!
>>
>>337786571
being so bad my team loses because of me
>>
I know that feeling well OP, took me a couple of months to actually muster the courage to play skullgirls online

I say just take the dive, one thing that people constantly do is imagine future events way worse than what they actually are

as long as you're aware of that you should be able to go in and be positively surprised by the experience
also, who cares whether you win or lose just do your best and have fun
>>
>>337786324
I'm not afraid to play them I just hate them. You have two modes nowadays. Super fucking intense hardcore ranked where people quit if they miss click or their first go to plan starts to fail in any way and super casual people quit if you have any sort of skill or try to win in any way.

I just want to play without it being ranked and while still being allowed to put some effort into it. I can never get that though so I just dont even try anymore.
>>
>>337786324
MEDIOCRE
Just play with casual people like me. You'll win eventually.
>>
people who dont feel like you will never understand how you can be afraid of it
>>
File: ah.jpg (7 KB, 157x143) Image search: [Google]
ah.jpg
7 KB, 157x143
Not really.
If I haven't played something competitive in a while, I'll be a little shakey when I get into my first match, but that subsides fairly quickly.

There are genres I won't play competitively though, like RTS games. Because I can't not take my time base-building and am generally bad at micromanaging.
I also don't like playing traditional fighting games that much.

>>337786605
The only games where one guy can unintentionally sabotage his team are things like MOBAs where your death benefits the enemy in more ways than one.
>>
I usually avoid online multiplayer too
Though Nintendo does a good job at minimizing player interaction outside of the gameplay so I have no problems playing things like Splatoon.
>>
>playing RTS games online
Don't bother. It's always the same shit: people rushing to get to a certain advancement level and then spamming their most efficient units(not the strongest, just those with the highest usefulness/cost ratio) non-stop till you run out of resources or units that gather resources and eventually lose.
You can obviously do the same thing better than them and win, but it's generally not fun to be forced to do the same strat all the time. If you want to try other strats, then you'd better have a friend help you out.

Also I used to be afraid of playing online but got over it within the first few hours of playing my first multilayer game.

Oh, and to answer your question, those who are at the skill level you described do exist but are probably the minority(I haven't played AoE 2 but it's an old game and most people playing it have obviously had years to practice and perfect their strategies).
>>
File: 1462645615407.png (339 KB, 744x713) Image search: [Google]
1462645615407.png
339 KB, 744x713
>>337786324
>play multiplayer games
>team mates laugh at you and make jokes about you
>lobby figuratively fucks you
Just do it OP, You will get used to being made fun of and learn to deal with it.
>>
>>337786526
Fucking WHY???
Stop playing that shit immediately
Ranked only or gtfo
>>
I feel this way about dark souls. Every time I try multiplayer I get my shit kicked in because I'm a scrub.
>>
don't have to play multiplayer. if you're afraid or take issue with people being afraid (lol?) you're trying too hard to validate your self worth over something as trivial as a fucking video game
>>
>>337786473
lol'd
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.