[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6
File: capcom_logo1.png (61 KB, 2000x500) Image search: [Google]
capcom_logo1.png
61 KB, 2000x500
What went wrong?
>>
Jews
>>
>>337786285
Inafune
>>
>>337786285
They keep just putting Monster Hunter on just 3ds.
>3ds. The weakest console in this gen with a not-so amazingly large fanbase and lots of piracy.
>>
Hunger for the sheckles blinded them so hard they outright trashed anything that didn't break their high expectations or wasn't Monhun or SF.
>>
It's getting better.

They supposedly have two unannounced big bangers, which are predicated to sell 4 million and 2 million respectively.

Gotta be Resident Evil 7 and Devil May Cry 5. Unless that fucking pachinko DMC seriously was the new shit Reuben was teasing.

In which case, fuck 'em.
>>
>>337789013
That's Capcom problem, they always expect a game to sell millions upon millions and if it doen't hit a certain target they will deem it as failure like what they did with Megaman ZX series
>>
>>337789415
I don't know, if the sale predictions are those two games, I'd say 4 million for RE7 and 2 million for DMC5 are pretty modest and realistic.

What other Capcom franchises could fit try those numbers?
>>
>>337786285
They've been going through hard financial times for at least a decade now.
Because of this, they only want to make safe decisions (in terms of making games),instead of being based gods like they used to be.

What Capcom considers a safe descision is extremely limited, since not even Megaman is a reliable seller, MM powered up and Maverick Hunter X both sold absolutely jack shit and they've only felt the need to make 2 shoestring-budget NES megaman games since then.

Capcom being in financial trouble also means they will try and jew you out every nickel and dime you have.
>>
>>337789925
I might be wrong but isn't Capcom hemorrhaging money on basically every division but their gaming division?
>>
>>337786285
>ran SF into the ground
>ran RE into the ground
>ruined SF v crossovers
>killed off Megaman
Everything
>>
>>337788382
>3ds
>console
pick one
>>
>>337788382
>not-so amazingly large fanbase
>best selling video game console of the 8th gen
>>
>>337789714
I don't know, these jokers have a ton IP's that haven't been touch for ages.
>>
>>337790067
You could be right, as I don't know the specifics of Capcom's finances,only that they aren't confortable in the position they are in right now. But, considering how SFV is selling I'm not sure the gaming division is doing very well right now.
>>
>>337789925
This explains Monster Hunter Frontier G.
>Buy the game
>Pay to play (subscription)
>Pay to win (you gotta pay for the best equips or some crap)
>>
They upset their developers and believed it was better to use westerners to develop games because it was "cheaper".
>>
>>337790067
>>337790442
You guys are talking out of your asses, or repeating someone else talking out of their asses.

Capcom has been out-performing most publicly traded companies and are worth 4 times what they were a decade ago. They've missed sales projections for their AAA games time and again, and bloggers love to rip on that; but they haven't posted losses in over a decade, and you can check that on their IR page. Even when 2008's recession hit they came out in the green because Resident Evil 5 was a blockbuster-buster.

The reason they want multi-million tentpole games is because they've lost the ability to turn out a high number of titles internally and to keep up their release cycle have turned to outsourcing games at a much higher rate than they did in generations past. They've been trying to recruit another 1,000 developers since 2012 to alleviate that, but I haven't heard of that getting off the ground.
>>
>>337790067
No, they're making money from every division. The worst thing that could be said about Capcom's financial situation is that they made less money than they wish they could have made. They're not going hemorrhaging money or going bankrupt like everyone has been saying for years.
>>
>>337789714
Well I imagine a new iteration of Street Fighter V, or a Dead Rising sequel could sensibly fit those numbers. But that's the problem; their projections have been ABSOLUTELY insane in the past 5 years. Expecting 5 million sales for DmC, or 10 million for Dragon's Dogma? Even RE6 selling 7 million was punching up. They could be making another G&G game and say they expect it to sell 4 million.
>>
>>337791184
Capcom's sales expectations are basically a fucking meme at this point. You know most of this stuff is public information? When you read some random shitpost on /v/ about Capcom predicting that DD would sell 10 million units you can just use the Internet to find out if it's really true.
>>
>>337786285
Capcom is still way better than EA or Ubiecrap.
>>
>>337792623
Sure but all of that is documented coming from one or another source in Capcom. Best you can argue is that the game developers dont' know what their real quotas are, or just want more success for their own games to help their careers.
>>
>>337786285
corporate greed
>>
>>337786285
Greed, lies, and trying too hard to cater to Western audiences. There as an interview a while back with some Capcom guy that said they were going to start focusing more on Western Audiences. The result was DmC, Dead Rising 3, that Umbrella TPS for Resident Evil, and probably some other shitty games that no one remembers.
>>
>>337788382
Speaking of MonHun

They expect the next one to still 2M, that's awfully low for this series
Maybe capcom realized their cashcow is ruining dry
>>
>alpha shills will defend chicken-blocking
>>
File: pdf_16.png (87 KB, 982x695) Image search: [Google]
pdf_16.png
87 KB, 982x695
>>337792793
>Capcom publishes sales projections for upcoming titles
>gamers are too stupid to read them
>dev makes off-the-cuff comment about wanting his new game to be popular even though he knows it almost certainly won't be
>the "CRAPCOM DEMANDS 10 MILLION SALES FROM DRAGON'S DOGMA" meme is born

No shit Itsuno wanted success for his game, he was thinking aloud that it would be nice for Dragon's Dogma to be a surprise hit. He also immediately went on to say that he believed it would sell 1 million in Japan, but he wasn't sure how where it would end up overall.
>>
abused their fans
>>
i was lazy to start a thread
>start playing Revelations 2
>cutscene is fucking horrible
>5 minutes of playing
>its re5 all over again
think i wont even finish the first "zone"
>>
>>337796087
Get some taste
>>
>>337795892
They were pretty close with those, surprisingly enough.
>>
>>337786285
Inafune crippled them for what has to be almost 8 years or so now.

Recently though they seem to be active in listening to their audience ala DD on PC, DMC4SE(also apparently DMC5), REmake2,apparently an Onimusha copyright was made and the focus on HD re-releases to fund these projects.

I'm surprisingly okay with them lately after near a decade of hating everything they've done.

Hopefully this E3 has some significant shit.
>>
>>337796087
REV2 was pretty great, stop being so jaded and let the game breathe.
>>
>>337796640
i already have taste thats why i dont enjoy shit
>>
File: Umbrella_Corps_cover_art.jpg (75 KB, 350x493) Image search: [Google]
Umbrella_Corps_cover_art.jpg
75 KB, 350x493
>dat feel when I genuinely enjoyed RE6

After RE5 it was quite obvious series was never really going back to horror roots. Shit, it was kinda obvious after RE4 and its initial shock. RE6 took out shitty Sheva AI and was packed with content, especially multiple campaigns. I'll be happy if RE7 is more along those lines and everyone else can fuck off. But on the other hand, pic related is also happening and it appears Capcom learned from Operation Racoon City.
>>
>>337786285
FUCKING RELEASE MONSTER HUNTER ON CONSOLES WITH BETTER GRAPHICS YOU FUCKS FUCKING RELEASE IT MONSTER HUNTER ON CONSOLES DO IT DO IT DOTI DO TID OTI DOTI DOITO DITO DITOTID OTIDO TITODIT FUCK YOU RELEASE MONSTER HUNTER ON CONSOLES FUCKING DO IT ALREADY YOU FUCKING PUSSIES JUST FUCKING DO IT DO IT NOW UCKING RELEASE MONSTER HUNTER ON CONSOLES YOU JAP FUCKS OR WELL FUCKING NUKE YOU AGAIN FUCKING SLANTY EYED CHINK WANNABE BASTARDS RELEASE THE FUCKING MONSTER HUNTER GAMES ON CONSOLES FUCKING DO IT UCKING DO IT YOU FUCKS DO IT OR NUKE DO IT O NUKE DO IT DOT DOTI DOTI DO ITOTITO DIT MONSTER HUNTER ON CONSOLES
>>
>>337797168
I wonder ORC would've done better if people were acclimated to the fact series was no longer horror and it was all about co-op. Then again it was also pretty shit.
>>
>>337797681
ORC is the sixth best selling game in the entire series. People are probably acclimated to co-op action by now
>>
File: 1463323452064.jpg (2 MB, 1250x4999) Image search: [Google]
1463323452064.jpg
2 MB, 1250x4999
>>337786285
No Dragon's Dogma sequel
>>
>>337791061
This, capcom are far from the red but they want a cash cow so over estimate their products.

Still without that they have mh selling millions, re6 did about 5 mil and even Sf undet preforming it did 1.4 mil which is higher than any other fighter. It's been a while since capcom had a real bomb
>>
>>337798348
>What is Dragon's dogma Online

Monkey Paw anon
>>
File: 1462568909785.gif (1 MB, 500x381) Image search: [Google]
1462568909785.gif
1 MB, 500x381
Modern gaming environment is what went wrong.
Everything took a dive because of inflated development costs and a wrong focus.

But even now Capcom are the best around while being much worse than they used to be.
>>
>>337793795
Thats most likely because their next MH is a JRPG spinoff so they dont expect mainline numbers.

Who knows though, that shit actually has the potential to blow up.
>>
>>337798701
(You)
>>
>>337799000
DDO is fucking shit anon
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (472 KB, 1602x932) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
472 KB, 1602x932
They thought this was a good idea
>>
>>337799772
SFV would have been a great idea. The game plays well, too. It's just severely unfinished on the content side. Too few characters and no polish make this absolutely unworthy of the $60 price tag. It should have cost 40 dollars at the most, or have included more stuff.
>>
>>337799575
Wow fagtron you sure convinced me with those nice hot opinions
>>
Handing their IPs for west dev (DmC, LP3, Dark Void, ORC)
Burying their decent IPs (Dino Crisis, Onimusha)
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.