[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can /v/ dispute this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 10
File: friendzoned.jpg (266 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
friendzoned.jpg
266 KB, 1920x1080
Can /v/ dispute this?
>>
No because 99% of the fuckers here probably have at least a hundred hours in this game. Its fun to watch everyone talk shit then in hours played threads everyone is just as pleb as the people they pretend to be separate from.
>>
>>337784787
>friendzone
>imaginary
>relationship
I'm seeing some sort of connection here
>>
File: elfyes.jpg (12 KB, 303x197) Image search: [Google]
elfyes.jpg
12 KB, 303x197
>>337784787

I may not able to dispute that. But at least I'm not Anthony Burch.
>>
>>337784787
Friendzoning is getting shot down at a chance of love. What does that have to do with misogyny?

Fuck, what does misogyny even mean anymore?
>>
I like the borderlands games
even the telltale one
>>
Reminder that you're still not Anthony Burch
>>
File: 1456836852969.jpg (38 KB, 362x346) Image search: [Google]
1456836852969.jpg
38 KB, 362x346
>mfw hearing it ingame
Jesus Christ it came out of fucking nowhere.
>>
File: 1463312400467.png (162 KB, 631x633) Image search: [Google]
1463312400467.png
162 KB, 631x633
>>337784787
That game was written by Anthony Burch, the king of cucks
>>
File: relationshits.jpg (50 KB, 493x457) Image search: [Google]
relationshits.jpg
50 KB, 493x457
it's only the 'friendzone' if you are dumb enough to keep talking to the girl after she turns you down in one way or another. if you like her and she doesn't like you then move on. if you two don't have any sort of attraction or don't let it go past a certain point, friendship is possible.
>>
File: 1404922307567.jpg (84 KB, 592x726) Image search: [Google]
1404922307567.jpg
84 KB, 592x726
>Can't be a cuck because don't have a gf

It's a good and bad feel
>>
>>337785468
The concept of the "friend zone" is misogynistic by way of blaming a woman as some kind of cruel coldhearted bitch just because she doesn't want to fuck you, and acting like women are incapable of just having friends for the sake of having friends like a normal human being.
>>
I hate how in Borderlands and Battleborn they want to be "Badass" (quotes because they wont shut the fuck up about that) but in the most non offensive and friendly way humanly possible. It just doesn't work like that. Typically being cool comes from shit you're not supposed to be doing, you cant have a "badass" who goes on about feminism.
>>
>>337785721
It happens to women to, men just complain about it as they typically romantically pursue more. Only Tumblr users take it and many other non gender specific things as an attack on women.
>>
>>337785721

No. This is a common misconception creating by feminists to victimise themselves when they want to let a man know they don't want a relationship to delude themselves into not feeling sorry for the heart they just broke.

In popular culture, the friend zone is a situation in which one of two friends wishes to enter into a romantic or sexual relationship, while the other does not. It is generally considered to be an undesirable or dreaded situation by the lovelorn person. If a desired party does not return or respond affirmatively to the advances or affection of the desiring party, but continues to participate in the friendship in a platonic way, it is sometimes described as friend-zoning.
>>
>>337785721
It's not misogynistic it's just misunderstood by idiots - being the "best friend" and being "like a brother" are both good signs you'll either be going out or fucking this girl soon if you actually try to. People don't go out with someone they don't feel is their closest friend, they might have casual drunken sex with someone else - but if you want more than that this is a hugely good sign.
>>
>>337784787
its just another meaningless word coopted from rap culture
>>
Why is this line in an fps game?
>>
>>337785482
Nothing controversial from this opinion
>>
>>337785652
Holy shit, how many of there are you on /v/? I just met one a week ago who had a massive thing for transwomen fucking his girlfriend while he watched, and he wants me to fulfill that fantasy for him

Seriously, I'm starting to think this whole EVERYONE IS A KEK thing might have some legitimacy to it.
>>
obligatory informational coming through
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE6jy78tV78
>>
File: tears.jpg (255 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
tears.jpg
255 KB, 1920x1080
Also, why are you a manlet in this game?
>>
>>337786062

No you retard. It's good that I can't be cucked, but it's bad because I don't have a gf.
>>
>Playing that piece of shit

BL2 was bad, but this thing is so fucking annoying. I mean i usually give no fucks about dialogue and stuff, i literally block it out subconciously so I had fun with BL2, but tps is just such an annoying POS
>>
i actually liked the shield slamming, jump pads, and less reliance on vehicles in tps. not jack was also pretty neat to play as.
>>
>>337786070

At this point calling someone a cuck is just a way to piss them off.

The fact someone made this video proves that it's effective.
>>
File: buzz.jpg (48 KB, 309x309) Image search: [Google]
buzz.jpg
48 KB, 309x309
>woman complains about being in "friend zone"
>she's now a misogynist
>even though the target of the complaint is a man and the complainer is a woman

Because women can never do anything selfish or bad, amirite? How about we just start calling things by their real definitions; one sided feelings, unrequited love etc.
>>
File: 02-09[1].png (462 KB, 694x462) Image search: [Google]
02-09[1].png
462 KB, 694x462
>>337785741
>but in the most non offensive and friendly way humanly possible.
I don't think you quite understand the depths of bland inoffensiveness. The characters in Battleborn at least attempt to make, like, jokes. Or say even vague insults. Or to say things that I'll remember for more than a second. Anything, anything slightly interesting.
That is a breath of fresh fucking air after Overwatch, where every single "character" simply speaks in bland market-tested cliches. It's like chinese fucking water torture in the form of vague pleasantries and stock one-liners. They don't even swear because the game has to be rated PG.
>>
>>337786534
If the characters in Overwatch literally called themselves Badasses I would say the same thing but its consistent with itself.
>>
>>337785482
>even
The only good one actually
>>
>playing Memerlands: The SJWequel
>>
>>337786062
I'm fucking some dude's sexually degenerate wife because he doesn't want to sexually dominate her. From what I have heard of him he sounds like we would really get along. A huge nerd who watches gravity falls with his kids and eccentric wife, but is also an alcoholic and super depressed. I can see why, she's an aging goth slut and he got fat, so obviously she's "not being satisfied". I feel bad for him but get gud and she drives me home after work so i am basically prostituting myself to a milf to save $30 on a cab ride at 3am and appeal to my power struggle fetish.
>>
>>337786036
Anthony Burch.
>>
>>337786476
it's not a bad video except it misses the actual point is that while cuckoldry is a fetish, it's not inherently consensual. A cuckold is simply the husband of an adulteress.
>>
>>337787273
Did he also made that "Feminizm is awesome" line in a Battleborn?
>>
>>337787273
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTZ-q6S5hpU
>>
in what fucking possible way you can tie a conversation about the friendzone into the story of a fucking shooter
how can it ever be thematically relevant
>>
>>337784787
Somehow I liked BL1 better. Locations are shit, less variations of enemies, but still, I even tried to start it one more time. BL2 - hell no, didn't even touch the DLCs.

Anyway, about the line - call me idiot, but I thought it was more of "this is funny because it's overly complicated explanation of something while screaming loudly and from mouth of character who's not really supposed to be caring about that shit". Doesn't make it any more funny, of course, but at least less aggravating then "it's veiled advocating for some political movement".

As for friendzones - some anons got it right, it's about when one friend goes romantic on the other, but that other person doesn't really want this. It's kinda sad shit, because situation like this is almost always a timed bomb with no way to defuse it without hurting someone (forcing yourself to stop longing for someone is hurting too, and good fucking luck actually succeeding in this).

Root of problem, though, is in definition of "friend". You are not friends if you can talk to someone casually, sorry. It takes more than that.
>>
File: hol up.png (84 KB, 299x288) Image search: [Google]
hol up.png
84 KB, 299x288
>behavior that could be perpetuated by anyone regardless of their gender
>attribute it exclusively to men

That's sexist, mate.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.