[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why... why this game was so letdown when we talk about its story?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: bigboss.png (1 MB, 1221x663) Image search: [Google]
bigboss.png
1 MB, 1221x663
Why... why this game was so letdown when we talk about its story?
>>
I honestly didn't mind the story that much, because I was never fond of the plot of MGS games.
But the open world model for a stealth game was really out of place. It should've had more huge buildings, underground complexes and other oil rigs. Kinda like in MGS2. Instead it follows MGS3 in being a crawling simulator.
>>
File: fal_grey_s_scouts_3.jpg (70 KB, 450x614) Image search: [Google]
fal_grey_s_scouts_3.jpg
70 KB, 450x614
>>337778827
Because it was not set in Rhodesia.
>>
The whole idea of these prequals was to show why Big Boss turned bad.
They failed. Solid Snake had a much harder life than Whiny Boss.
>>
>>337780331
>why Big Boss turned bad
He's always been bad.
>>
>>337780441
Sure he was.
>>
>>337779056
They should have implemented MGS4's warzone thing into MGSV's open world.
>>
Because the relationship between Kojima and Konami broke down and they rushed the game out as fast as possible so they didn't have to deal with each other any more.
>>
the story wasn't properly delivered through the game and was poorly paced, partly through the nature of mission based gameplay, and partly because the game was not finished. act 2 or whatever its called really being nothing more than a glorified act 1 remix instantly soured a lot of players who were thought they were getting a surprise actual continuation of the story, instead of the same missions over again for what amounts to like 5 minutes of cutscenes and some cassette tapes.

also the story was kind of just nonsense in it's own right, but that's basically par for the course at this point in the series.

>>>337780331
the game doesnt explicitly show it, but it does very obviously imply the starting point of big boss using child soldiers, we also probably would have gotten much more of that if eli's chapter was completed.
>>
Because Kojima is fired and obviously they spent the remaining time just polishing the gameplay rather than the story
>>
Kojima probably didn't know it'd be his last Metal Gear when he wrote the script and once he found out it was too far along to change it to make it more conclusive.

He probably expected to be able to make some sequels to elaborate on the questions Phantom Pain raised.
>>
>>337781337
Oh shut the fuck up.

Only chapter 1 was finished. End of story.
>>
>>337780929
>They should have implemented MGS4's warzone thing into MGSV's open world.

Then you'd have Big Boss fighting alongside what would eventually become the Taliban. It isn't good for your image. Best to just have you fulton a few tanks for them while they fight in an undisclosed location off screen.
>>
The scale of the game outstripped the developers ability to complete it and Kojima had more ideas than what could have been achieved. He needs people to tell him no.

Dorito pope is already saying his new game is going to be massive too, so I wouldn't get too hyped.
>>
>>337781832
>Then you'd have Big Boss fighting alongside what would eventually become the Taliban.

Because god forbid a story about a mercenary leader who would eventually become a military dicator would have some moral ambiguity.
>>
>>337782531
The moral ambiguity is still there - it's just that the AI is shit and they didn't want to add events like that. Imagine instead of just weather and time affecting your infiltration you also had random Jihads on outposts.
>>
Skullface should have been the real big boss.
>>
>>337778827
>MGS2
>serious story that ends up talking about manipulating the masses for world control

>everything after MGS2
>MEMES!!!!

Joining the KWO as of now
>>
All it needed to be was a simple story of Big Boss finally going off the deep end. PW's weak ass "he's got a nuke he got pressured into having so he's a villain now" bullshit doesn't cover it. Ocelot outlining what Big Boss and himself would have to do in the future was the story I wanted to see, not parasite shit with a mute Big Boss clone and Joosten.
>>
>>337780929
>>337781832
>>337782531
Original plan was actually to have more active elements of the Mujahideen in the combat aspect of the game (i.e. it wasn't just going to be "Snake vs the Reds" like it ended up being), but Kojima decided against it after taking into account all the shit going down in the Middle East.
>>
Even if Kojina got another year to add story and shit, it would NOT be better.

Venom was a cool gimmick. We still don't know shit about BB.
>>
>>337778827

>DUDE PHANTOM PAIN LMAO
>>
The terrible dark secret of metal gear is that everyone has a garbage story with the sole exception of 3.
>>
>>337780929

I would have loved this, but maybe only with PFs in Africa. Those were fictional.

Soviets vs Mujaheddin would not have been cool territory for a video game. In MGS4 they didn't even elaborate on countries in which people were rebelling against PFs. They just said "the middle east" and "South America"
>>
>>337787847
> implying 3 has a good story.
>>
>>337787389
See, now that's just spineless. If you want to have a large part of your game about a conflict in the Middle East, have it be about a conflict in the Middle East.
>>
File: 1444728393017.jpg (31 KB, 240x388) Image search: [Google]
1444728393017.jpg
31 KB, 240x388
>>337787389
>mgs2 cut arsenal gear crash cutscene
>this

poetry
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.