[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck do I do in this? It took me 4 days to find everyone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault.jpg (206 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
206 KB, 1280x720
What the fuck do I do in this? It took me 4 days to find everyone to introduce myself and complete the first quest because the town is too fucking huge. And my farm is a mess with no room but I can't possibly clear it because it's too big and I have no energy and can't get anything done. My inventory is fuck tiny and the only forseeable upgrade is like 2k gold. And the days are too fucking short; there's no time to do anything. I just aimlessly wander around trying to find someone to talk to wasting my first week away having only planted one type of crop because I have no energy to sow, no gold to buy seeds, no inventory to collect things to sell for money.

Rune Factory had long and investing dialogue and a reason to go through every day. Every character says 2-3 oneliners a day with some that hint at what their interests are but I don't feel like they are real, living people. Nobody says anything more than three sentences and the dialogue is shallow and weak. No character interaction, no real personalities, no reason to want to love or befreind anyone.

The first event and birthdays are quickly approaching and I haven't done SHIT.

Was I memed?
>>
>>337778325

shut the fuck up and play the game retard and get back to us when you're bored with building your farm
>>
>>337779182
Thanks for the bump, fagtroid.
>>
>>337778325
are you sure videogames are the right thing for you? Sounds like you dont even enjoy playing videogames
>>
Theres a ton of stuff to do nigga, noone is saying you need to do everything in one fucking day. Just take your time and clean up your farm and grow crops, and when you need money spend some time fishing and mining.
The only agreeable thing in your post is the NPCs though. The dialouge is sub-modern Animal Crossing tier
>>
>>337778325

git gud
>>
>>337778325
>uninstall the game
>Go play Rune Factory
>>
>>337779520
Just KYS asshole, I wanted advice not dank memes.

>>337779798
Wow chill the fuck out, but thanks for the input at least.

>>337782861
Maybe I'll do that...
>>
>mustards
>>
If its anything like harvest moon - clear a 3x3 square of land and grow some fucking potatoes.
>>
>>337778325
Fucking PLANT SOME CROPS and WAIT A BIT.

Sell some fish. Sell some minerals. You'll make the 2K for the backpack upgrade in no time, your skills will improve so you'll have access to better crafting recipes.
>>
>>337778325
Everyone is sperging because one guy made a better Harvest Moon game then Japan has in years. The characters are boring and one-dimensional, sure, but I haven't seen anything better from a HM game in over 10 years. Just take it slow, you'll have plenty to do soon enough. Fishing can take up a lot of time, the mines can take up a lot of time, refurbishing the community center is the primary goal of the game and it sounds like you're too early to have unlocked that yet (Spring 7 or 8 I think).

You're doing the game a disservice by comparing it to Rune Factory, though. Those games were excellent.
>>
>>337782954
What do you get out of pretending to be other people, redditor?
>>
>>337783505
What's wrong, kid? Mad because bad?
>>
>inb4 people trying to shill for Weeb Factory
>>
>>337778325
son you're like 30 days late nobody cares about this game anymore
>>
File: jas cage.png (100 KB, 583x377) Image search: [Google]
jas cage.png
100 KB, 583x377
>>
>town is too huge
The map is fucking tiny
>>
>>337783812
TRIGGERED
>>
>>337778325
This game is literally infinite. You don't have to hurry.
>>
>>337784047
I want results though. I don't want to have to spend an actual month on a game just to get some rewards.
>>
>>337778325
>Rune Factory

i just installed that on my DSi after hearign about it while playing Stardew Valley and reading up stuff about it.

Holy fuck i dropped RF shit in a minutes.
Cant believe people actually like that turd.
>>
>>337784120
If you aren't having fun, quit. Very simple.
>>
File: rawr.png (157 KB, 800x830) Image search: [Google]
rawr.png
157 KB, 800x830
>>
>>337784138
SDV is a steaming pile of shit compared to the Rune Factory titles.

>>337784206
You're being baited again, retard.
>>337782954
>>
>>337784257
>SDV is a steaming pile of shit compared to the Rune Factory titles.

I think you are just buttmad that 1 man did a better job than the team of paid chinks.
>>
>>337784120
This game is not for you then. The point of it is building your farm for the sake of building your farm. There is no "result".
>>
>>337778325
rune factory is better, but stardew is still a decent game

the mechanics are a lot more shallow, but i find farming to be more satisfying in stardew because there's nothing to spend your money on in rune factory. once you buy all the cooking stations and your monster barns, money becomes worthless.
>>
File: 1329843496350.jpg (92 KB, 776x602) Image search: [Google]
1329843496350.jpg
92 KB, 776x602
>talking about February FotM
>in May
>>
>>337784257
>You're being baited again, retard.

That was my first post in the thread. No need to get upset over nothing. Especially a video game you can choose to stop playing. Especially over talking about said game you aren't even enjoying.
>>
>>337784624
Lurk more, newfag. This is /v/ - video games, where everyone fucking hates video games and dislikes fun. This thread fits here. Maybe you should try reddit, that might be more up your alley.
>>
>>337784624
You're responding to a faggot who is pretending to be the op. Like this retard
>>337784370
>>
>wah wah this game is not fun mimimimi
>wah wah someone is pretending to be me mimimimi
>wah wah rune factory is so much better mimimimi
>>
>>337784869
>post count didn't go up

Pathetic.
>>
>>337784869
>>wah wah rune factory is so much better mimimimi
Why are you butthurt that OP brought up RF once in his opening post?
>>
game has no time limit on anything
>>
>>337783434

It really was the best modern harvest moon in a while mostly cause of the quality of life mechanics. My only gripe about the game is the severe lack of content past year 1. Harvest moon still had content opening up in the later years with stuff you can sink your money into.
>>
I don't know that the town is too large, but it did feel like it thrown together without much thought into what the path from A to B to C would be like. Combined with the bad diagonal movement (though I think that's been patched) it felt like a chore to get anywhere.
>>
Am I missing something or is the combat in this game just not enjoyable? Why was it even added?
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.