[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder that you're genuinely retarded if you think po
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 6
File: basedfrom.jpg (231 KB, 1278x649) Image search: [Google]
basedfrom.jpg
231 KB, 1278x649
Reminder that you're genuinely retarded if you think poise should be brought to from's attention before phantom hits, which hasn't been dealt with throughout the entire souls series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNCDcrHMVtk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMpJzG_dbUI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhDiALsnpTg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWoGV6VINeo
>>
>>337775546
lmfao @ that 1st vid. bahahaha
>>
>>337775546
Phantom hits can't be fixed. They happen in every game. Even super smash bros melee, one of the most intricate, precise, and demanding fighting games in the world.
I don't mind how phantoms work in this game. I feel like they should do a slight portion of damage though. Phantom hits should do like absolutely no stun but still deal like 1/3 or 1/4th of the damage.
>>
>>337775810

>lmfao @

Fuck off
>>
@337776160
lmaoing at ur life
>>
Poise doesn't need fix, people are already trading hits for free with hyperarmor, adding poise the rest of the time would just be overkill.
>>
>>337776321
I think they should decrease hyperarmor and add poise.
It's just weird that ANYTHING can stunlock you. It's really annoying and makes no sense honestly. A havel knight shouldn't be staggered by a measly little dagger R1.
The game was literally built around it. It's a stat in the game. It should be utilized. Perhaps not nearly as severely as in DS1 but at least to some degree.

There's a ring that adds poise and it's literally worse than fucking useless right now. That's not fair.
>>
>>337776595
Delicious tears.
Your so bad you need easymode stats to help you win.
>>
>>337776096
They can be made to be better. this is just fucking outright criminal how bad it is. The best example illustrated by the vids is how straight swords have twice their own range as phantom range.
>>
>>337776740
Are you seriously this much of a faggot? I don't even use a high poise set in game. Jesus Christ you're insufferable.
This mechanic has been implemented in literally every souls game you fucking idiot. I understand *why* they decided to disable it for the final release. I don't disagree with them, they probably made the right decision AT THE TIME.
Now is the time to fix and re tweak the system to work well in a PvP environment without throwing a wrench in the whole thing.
>>
>>337776740
Kill yourself, the poise stat has no reason to exist if it does nothing.
>>
>>337777112
Then it should do something to justify its existence.

Is it summer?
>>
File: smug pupper.gif (2 MB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
smug pupper.gif
2 MB, 300x300
>>337777112
It pisses off shittiers like you, pretty useful if you ask me.
>>
>>337777364
Yes it should retard, and yes it's summer. Didn't you ever learn about the four seasons in elementary? You really are a retard.
>>
>those fucking dark sword spammers, if I had poise I wouldn't be stunlocked and could kill them!

Dark Souls 3: Poise Edition
>dark sword spammer wears full havel's and is now an unstoppable R1 machine

No poise is good poise
>>
>>337777364
Physics? any speckle of realism whatsoever?
A giant dude in hulking armor is going to be hard to knock down.

Like we've all said before, it doesn't have to make a BIG difference, it should just exist in some form which doesn't completely break immersion.

Right now, having no poise does break the immersion a bit. I literally get stunlocked by random dudes dropping TWO INCHES. Meanwhile, black knight humanoid enemies have insane poise. Literally every single creature in the game has poise except YOU. Wanna wear a fucking fatso suit and sacrifice your rolls, mobility to be a tank? Too bad fuck you, that hollow wielding a dagger will smack you in the face 10 times before you can do anything.
>>
>>337775546
is this hate for poise really just ptsd from DS1?
>>
Does anyone actually prefer the way the combat is in 3 with poise the way it is? If so why? And how?
>>
>>337777501
Poise isn't just about completely negating an attack's stun, it's about reducing it.
>>337777638
It's fun but slightly agitating. Mostly from a PvE point of view. You can get absolutely FUCKED from the most meaningless attacks because they will all knock you down like crazy. Meanwhile literally every single enemy with any type of armor can withstand a lot of your blows and still whack you.
>>
>>337776160
>Fuck off
lmfao @ u
>>
>>337776740
>your so bad
>your

No hablo ingles please go
>>
>>337777632
Don't know, but that's not the point. Phantom hits are a bigger issue than poise and anyone who says otherwise is a moron.
>>
>>337778184
Poise is a bigger issue than phantom hits and anyone that says otherwise is a genuine moron.
>>
>>337778332
here's your reply
>>
>>337778530
Thanks, it's good to know that you're aware poise is the bigger issue than phantom hits. Appreciate the support.
>>
Every idiot assumes poise automatically means that Light weapon + heavy armor = free R1 wins

They never account for Light weapons dealing fuck all for poise dmg while something like an UGS doing massive poise dmg.

Balance it so 2 R1 from a SS doesn't poise break lower poise, while the 3rd hit could.
While Heavier/Slower weapons getting to deal giant poise dmg.

People can shout USE HYPERARMOR all day, but a competent SS or Estoc user will not try to fucking trade with a Large weapon
>>
>>337779334
DINGDINGDING

Someone fucking finally gets it.
>>
File: 1432187343922.gif (4 MB, 331x591) Image search: [Google]
1432187343922.gif
4 MB, 331x591
>>337779334
yep,
people are so stupid they don't get that poise is situational, it isn't a passive that applys when you are not attacking,

if u aint swingin, there aint poise
>>
>>337780021

You get hyper armor with 0 poise.
>>
>>337779334
A shame the Wolf Ring exists. Due to the way diminishing returns are calculated, wearing a ring with more poise than Havel's chestpiece greatly reduces the advantage gained from investing in VIT for heavier armor.
>>
>>337780548
You get better hyper armor with better poise. Better roll iframes too. Theres no way I could prove it but my win ratio against meme weapon users has skyrocketed since I started using drakeblood set
>>
>>337780818
>You get better hyper armor with better poise. Better roll iframes too.

You literally don't
>>
Poise is working as intended according to From.

And I'm ok with that.

But yeah phantom hits will always be an issue in Souls games pvp
>>
>>337781219
How do armor sets affect it then? No seriously.
>>
>>337780818
I don't know about increased iframes, but poise doesn't stop you from being staggered mid-roll. Equipment weight does that. The heavier your weapons and armor, the harder it is for an attack to stop you from finishing your roll. You'll still take damage though.
>>
>>337781427
Nobody knows. It is a mystery.
>>
>>337781427
It's additional support for hyper armor, apparently.
But From is probably bullshitting.
>>
>>337781775
Probably.
Seriously though. fuck hyper armor. And fuck enemies that can poise through shit. It pisses me off and makes me jealous.
That's how knights SHOULD be but they aren't.
>>
>>337775546
PLEASE REFRAIN FROM WATCHING THE FIRST VIDEO, WATCH THE SECOND ITS MUCH BETTER

All hitboxes need adjustment. GS only gets the same hitbox as Dorksword when Two Handed. And that Scythe
>>
>>337777112
Oh wow, it's not like no one agrees with that, calm your jimmies, nigger

From is retarded and rushed DaS3, we already know.
>>
>Build a Tank character
>He can tank all the bosses and enemies

I don't see what the problem is here.
>>
>>337782412
>Build a hollow wearing rags
>He can tank all the bosses and enemies

C'mon anon.
>>
>>337777474
Tell ya what. Post here when you turn 16 and I'll buy you a calendar and teach you how to read it. Then you'll be a big boy.

I don't know if you'll understand logical fallacy in arguments. It's probably over your head. Like your dad's nuts usually are. Reread your stupidity and then go to bed. It's past your curfew.
>>
>>337777818
>Meanwhile literally every single enemy with any type of armor can withstand a lot of your blows and still whack you
Not really, most of the mobs that aren't the big cathedral knights or xboxhuge monsters can be staggered to death as long as you have the endurance to keep going.
>>
Fucking dark souls babies crying for poise, anything that lets you trade hits is shit.
>>
>>337775810
>lmfao @
>bahaha

fuck off and die
>>
>>337775546
Reminder that poise has already been brought to from's attention and has been publicly responded to, meaning you're the genuinely retarded one
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWOuLjU_M2Y
>>
File: 1336924188006.gif (3 MB, 445x247) Image search: [Google]
1336924188006.gif
3 MB, 445x247
I'm really glad we got an official "fuck off" about poise so retards will stop complaining and will start getting good with current hyperarmor system that has more depth than poise ever had. The thing From needs to do is seriously nerf longswords, even rapiers aren't as fucking bad and you can easily outplay them with passive ultra weapon playstyle. Also make heavy armor less cumbersome. Otherwise DS3 has the best balance between slow and fast weapon in series since DeS.
>>
>>337783818

>nerf long swords
Just use your special hyper armor babe
>>
>>337783818
long swords wouldn't be half the issue they are now if that fucking phantom range was fixed. there is no need to nerf it, but rather fix this fundamental issue called phantom range.
>>
>>337784585

>rewrite the entirety of the netcode

Absolutely 0 chance of happening in 1000000 lifetimes.
>>
>>337776096
>Even super smash bros melee, one of the most intricate, precise, and demanding fighting games in the world.

THIS GUY
>>
>>337775546
>which hasn't been dealt with throughout the entire souls series.

After many years you think it will change now?
>>
>>337784585
It seems like all weapons have phantom range, but it's more obvious on shorter weapons because their range gets buffed disproportionately.

>>337784717
Phantom range happens even if players are standing completely still. I don't think phantom range isn't a problem with the netcode but rather a poor man's fix to it. When weapons secretly have a longer forward range than they look, players are less likely to run into a situation where an invader with moderate latency avoids attacks by walking backwards despite obviously being hit by the weapon model.
>>
>>337784717
But it's the third dark souls game. Why haven't they fixed it yet? Don't they know about this issue?
>>
Is there some gimmick to beating Yhorm or are you really expected to chip away at his health for 30mins?
>>
>>337785547
>being so desperate for (You)s you use the same bait in two threads
>>337784979
>>
>>337785604

I just want someone to answer, lad.
>>
>defending them removing a feature but leaving its ghost in
WE COULDNT FIX IT SO WE REMOVED IT
game is great don't get me wrong but we're slowly going towards arcade soul where you stats don't matter
is that whay you people want ? go play a fighting game or something, i like me my rpg elements
>>
things that should be fixed before poise
>framerate shitting itself constantly
>auto summon covenants not working at all unless you do the most stupid fix for it
>>
>>337784585
Longswords need a huge AR reduction even for pve as right now they are destroying it. Like 100 AR reduction across all weapons in category. This will balance them nicely.
>>
>>337778906
top kek
>>
>>337786284
Even with the 100 Ar drop they'd still be great.

They're so good for both pvp and pve based on swing speed and moveset.

Can you imagine if you took DaS3 Straight Sword damage and swing speed with RoBFlynn from DaS2?

DaS3 basically is that desu
>>
>>337786484
Of course they will be good, i'm using lothric's holy sword that has like 330 AR and it's still great. They will still have their speed and excellent WAs, they just don't need to hit as hard as greatswords.

DS2 longswords were way worse though because of a better moveset.
>>
>>337786686

and DaS2 had the longest SS.

I miss my Fume Sword
I can only imagine the asspain it would cause.
>>
>>337776096
>Even super smash bros melee, one of the most intricate, precise, and demanding fighting games in the world.
This is why everyone else makes fun of you.
>>
>>337785547
You're expected to use the Storm Ruler in the same way you're expected to use the drop attack on the dragon
>>
File: 1412023858859.png (63 KB, 421x248) Image search: [Google]
1412023858859.png
63 KB, 421x248
>>337775546
I agree. Also poise is actually working as intended only that it's an extremely convoluted mechanic now.
somebody on reddit finally figured out how it functions: https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4jdwy6/dark_souls_3_poise_mechanics_im_pretty_damn_sure/
Basically getting hit reduces the iframes of your rolls temporarily. Poise determines how much frames you lose and how fast your iframes regenerate. Basically poise makes your rolls less vulnerable even after being hit.
That's a really weird approach but hey at least it does something.
>>
File: 374320_20160513181856_1.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
374320_20160513181856_1.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
Personally I would like both of these things being changed. It doesn't feel enjoyable to play tanky characters if you getting staggered by single rat bite. I'd rather just removed Havel ring altogether, the least balanced item if you ask me. But lags are killed PvP for me altogether, it's impossible to have any kind of range precision and avoiding attacks not by using rolling, back step is completely useless, you either supposed to roll around all the time or spam R1. I would like to bait enemy into attacking by manoeuvring, using back step and using that attack + back step thing but it's the matter of luck now.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.