[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Generic-as-fuck story but above-average writing to carry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: stella-glow.jpg (688 KB, 1548x1376) Image search: [Google]
stella-glow.jpg
688 KB, 1548x1376
>Generic-as-fuck story but above-average writing to carry it
>That OST
>Characters are all tropes but aren't shoved into your face and are all enjoyable for the most part (fuck you Popo)
>THAT OST

Why isn't this game more popular, /v/? With the rising popularity of SRPGs like Fire Emblem in the West, why don't games like Stella Glow get more attention? Yes, Fire Emblem has elements that are better than Stella Glow, sure, but what is it exactly that allows games like Fire Emblem, a relatively niche game, to explode in popularity, while games like Stella Glow are left behind in the dirt?
>>
>>337774135
It actually sold really well in the us compared to japan, it's a great game for sure, but Fire Emblem looks more "appealing" to normies than this game would.
>>
>implying it wasnt shilled like crazy here
Just say you want a stella glow thread
>>
Bought it out of boredom, played up to the point where you save some bitch in the desert. Combat felt too slow even with the animations off, seemed to depend too much on spamming OP songs to wipe out a bunch of grunts, the socializing element felt tacked on.

It wasn't bad by any stretch but it didn't grab me at all.
>>
File: timg_base.png (112 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
timg_base.png
112 KB, 512x512
>>337774538
This. I checked vgchartz a while back (they're the only numbers for the American release) it sold better in the United States than in Japan by a mile.

Only real issue I had was that combat was so fucking slow sometimes. Also the end game is hilariously broken in half by Nonoka, Rusty, and Hilda. Final bosses don't even get a turn if you do it correctly.

Hilda is best girl.
>>
>>337774135
You forgot
>it's animeNEET waifubait kusoge
>>
>>337774803
Its pretty much like that throughout the rest of the game with some more overpowered orbs/songs to make the easy game even easier.
>>
>>337774951
My negro brethren hilda was the best
>>
Is the dub bad?
I got the undub but I feel a tad guilty for pirating it and I wanna score that sweet Limited Edition
>>
>>337774135
Too bad the gameplay is just a generic and dreadfully slow FFT clone, but with shit 3D visuals.

I liked Luminous Arc 2 more.
>>
Stella Glow pastebin for anyone interested:
http://pastebin.com/QnPXvhKm

>>337775271
You can always use HANS with the undub romf.
>>
>>337775271
Its a solid 6-7/10 i enjoyed it, peoples main complaint is hilda sounds like a 1000 year old lady which i didnt mind.
>>
>>337775397
>HANS
Does that let me do the undub on a physical cart?
>>
>>337774135
0 advertising and looks too weeb for some people. I think the main reason most fire emblem fans seem to look over this game is because they don't know about it.
>>
>>337775637
Yes. Although I don't see what's the point in using it when you have a fully hacked 3ds and the undub game on it. You can buy the game just for collection and play the undub you already have and it wouldn't really make a difference if you decided to use HANS with the cart. HANS is more useful for those that only have access to homebrew.
>>
>>337775976
I'm personally a massive physicalfag. Plus, I can save a decent bit of space
>>
File: 1460093745702.gif (285 KB, 378x456) Image search: [Google]
1460093745702.gif
285 KB, 378x456
Post your favorite songs.

https://youtu.be/KkOzoczlwQA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZjGpDfXBOo
>>
>>337774135
Because fire emblem has good game play and that shit doesn't.
>>
>>337776231
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiCf3zfe45w&

And all the Witches' songs except for Fiery Night, which I didn't really like.
>>
Atlas tax is the reason I've yet to buy it
>>
>>337774135
Fire blem appeals and sells to tumblr.

What does Stella have to appeal to tumblr?
>>
If you liked Stella Glow you should really try out Ar tonelico, just saying.
>>
I think I'm approaching the last chunk of game, and I'm having a blast so far. One of the few games I liked the look of enough to buy on release, along with Legend of Legacy. That fact that it's so fun helps mitigate the sting of FE:Fates (I'm one of those localizationfags who boycotted it).

I probably am nowhere close to using optimal setups but I love using Archibald to tank & spank while Rusty stabs everyone in the dick. I've heard that using the witches is really strong but generally I use the knights more.
>>
>>337776231
Man this OST just never disappoints. I would always just sit in the world map jamming out to the music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tAHFcg2ckQ
>>
>>337777243
I wouldn't say Mordi is worth using honestly with her atrocious agility. Rusty is a broken beast though.
>>
>>337777662

>Rusty

I think you meant Nonoka
>>
>>337774135
The more outlandish and foreign a concept is, the harder it'll be for someone to roll with it. Anyone unfamiliar with the Jap style will look at Fire Emblem and see a kinda cartoonish medieval SRPG, while Stella Glow will just look like some weird anime game to the same people.
>>
>>337777713
They're both broken, Nonoka is just more broken.
>>
>>337777713
They're both the most broken characters in the game. Though I do agree Nonoka is better.
>>
File: timg_base.png (65 KB, 256x512) Image search: [Google]
timg_base.png
65 KB, 256x512
Who is she?
>>
>>337776231
I like all songs. Specially Hilda's song with was sang by Yukari Tamura.
I'm a jpopfag so no wonder.
>>
>>337774135

>why isn't this game more popular

probably because it's a $60 3ds game
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.