[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Handheld consoles with potential
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
I loved the OpenPandora and I wanted it to succeed so badly but it just couldn't make it. What's your favorite handheld that either didn't make it or isn't very popular
>>
PS VITA
>>
File: 250px-Gizmondo.jpg (11 KB, 250x163) Image search: [Google]
250px-Gizmondo.jpg
11 KB, 250x163
It had a very small but a very enthusiastic community.

They managed to strip it's OS and install Windows CE onto it, effectively making it into a PDA.
Not a bad little system. Too bad about the organised crime thing and money embezzlement thing.
>>
>>337773852
the issue with the Pandora was that it was delayed too long. In the time it was delayed, things like RaspberryPi came out which you could use to make similar machines with just about as much power for WAY cheaper if you had the know-how.
>>
>>337774228
Very true, and also it didn't help that they couldn't manufacture them fast enough and their shipping was atrocious. People were getting orders 2 years after they placed them. And I think in end the company filed bankruptcy. But there working on a new model called pyra or something like thag. It's essentially the Pandora just red
>>
>>337774075
What exactly is a PDA?
>>
>>337774356
Are you fucking serious? How old are you?
>>
>>337774356
Personal digital assistant
>>
>>337774385
We could play the age game or I can just say I have never personally heard of one or have had anyone around me use/ever mention of owning such a thing, besides those little notebooks but they aren't really PDAs
>>
>>337774553
Yeah, I mainly found out about pdas from 90s movies and old broken ones I would play with as a kid
>>
>>337774553
it's like a smartphone that doesn't make calls
>>
>>337774704
And maybe had Internet if you were rich and bought the deluxe ones hahaha
>>
>>337774745
the only wireless that PDA's had when I remembered them was infrared
the less said about that, the better
>>
>>337774356
Imagine a Samsung galaxy note but really shitty and it couldn't make phone calls or text messages
>>
>>337774809
Yeah we don't talk about those times
>>
File: suffer.jpg (128 KB, 460x345) Image search: [Google]
suffer.jpg
128 KB, 460x345
>>337774809
"If any particle of dust around the room came anywhere near the sensor it will slow it down"
>>
>>337774818
Im literally on my galaxy note 5 and it's honestly just a pimped out pda but I fucking love this phone
>>
>>337774339
standard Pyra is still $400. That's absurd for a linux box. You could build something yourself with a Pi for half the cost or less.
>>
>>337774963
I was thinking about the note 5 but was a bit turned off about no external storage and the speaker being a bit tinny, also heard the multitasking took a shot compared to the note 4
>>
File: Projekt X Version 11.png (519 KB, 1356x1343) Image search: [Google]
Projekt X Version 11.png
519 KB, 1356x1343
>>337773852
I just need to hit the lottery
>>
>>337775121
Can't really give any input about multi tasking compared to the note 4 but it works just fine for me and the speaker is surprisingly loud and very good quality and even has some bass to it. The external storage was almost a deal breaker for me also
>>
>>337773852
I like my PS Vita.
It can play Vita games, PSP, PS1, and emulators like GBC, GBA, SNES.
I can play a large amount of my childhood games even some PS2 game ports.
All the while can have Skype running in the background incase someone calls you (even better with 3g model.)
>>
>>337775459
Damn now I'm tempted haha. I was just gonna get the GCW Zero cause all I really need are NES SNES and Gba/c/a
>>
>>337775201
>6"
>720p
>>
>>337777646
Already way more than enough ppi, you could also attach different sized screens to it
>>
>>337778363
I can already feel screen window with 768p on 4.7".
Use the Nexus 6 screen or something.

Also,
>USB
May introduce latency/other bandwidth issues
>Keyboard
Add a touchpad on it.

>x86
>HMB
It's HBM. Doesn't seem like it'll be used as main memory anytime soon, if ever.
>Battery
Add a small internal battery like thinkpads.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.