[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was Gus the best Crazy Taxi driver?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: crazy-tazy.png (233 KB, 620x524) Image search: [Google]
crazy-tazy.png
233 KB, 620x524
Why was Gus the best Crazy Taxi driver?
>>
>>337771854
YA YA YA YA YA
>>
YAH

YAH

YAH

YAAAH
>>
DAY

AFTER

DAY
>>
I didn't know Zoro was in this game
>>
File: 1428870271195.gif (148 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1428870271195.gif
148 KB, 450x450
>>337771903
>>337771906
>>
File: Zorro_Kleidung_SA.png (527 KB, 539x720) Image search: [Google]
Zorro_Kleidung_SA.png
527 KB, 539x720
>>337771956
damn you beat me
>>
Because he isn't in the F2P mobileshit game, unlike the other three.
>>
>there are chucklefucks that played this on a console other than dreamcast
>there are casual players that didn't enjoy the risk of the game being so cuhrayzee your shitty official controller could break at any minute

GC is best after DC, I went through like 4 DC controllers though and I blame CT for all of them breaking.
>>
>>337772124
>GC is best after DC
>you'll kcuf up just like your parents did
>>
>>337772236
>your parents did
I bought my GC out of my own money. I already owned a PS2, but I liked the GC controller more for certain things, and since it's slightly larger and better molded to your hands I had a much sturdier grip for games like CT. CT didn't require many buttons either so the layout was well-suited. In comparison the PS2 version ran worse and cramped your hand.
>>
>>337771854
I always picked the black dude
>>
>>337771854
heaviest car, best top speed, coolest taxi, laid back as fuck

everything about him was the best, I can't play anyone else anymore because he's so much better
>>
>>337772124
>tfw I have Crazy Taxi for nearly every platform I own that it was released
except the Gamecube version, but I guess that's a moot point since I don't have a Gamecube or Wii anymore
need to get a new disc for the DC version, mine isn't loading right anymore (music skips, geometry occasionally stops loading), might just burn a copy, but that's a bad idea with games that stream data because the drive spins CDs slower than GD-ROMs (6x instead of 12x IIRC)
and god, the PSP version is so bad, but I play it anyway because it's Crazy Taxi on the go

What's your high score? Been able to hit $15k once, usually end up with $9k-12k, all on defaults.

I want to hit $20k, but I really need to rethink my whole route and I really need to not screw up the inputs as much -- I'll be doing just fine, and then I'll out of nowhere waste 10 seconds because I couldn't get a crazy dash started or I'll fuck up a drift or get stuck on something, etc
>>
TEN IN TWENTY TEN
TEN IN TWENTY TEN
>>
This might sound fuxked up but it was mostly because YA YA YA YA
>>
>Sega will never return to its Arcade roots.
>>
>>337774936
mfw
>No Daytona USA 3
>No Sega Rally 4
>No Virtua Cop 4
>No HOTD 5
>No Crazy Taxi 4
>>
HEY YOU'RE OKAY
HOP ON IN
>>
>>337774936
You never know. They allowed Shenmue 3 to be a thing.
>>
HEY HEY HEY ITS TIME TO MAKE SOME CUHRAYZEE MUNNEY ARE YA READY?

HERE
WE

G
O
YA
YA
YA
YA
YA
>>
>>337775481
>Daytona 3
we still need a port of Daytona 2 to come out on anything at all
actually, there's a handful of Model 3 games that never got ported and need it kind of badly

Also, I'm kind of surprised Sega hasn't put out a House of the Dead 5.
like an actual one, because even though I enjoyed Overkill, it's not really a great HOTD game, either in style or in play
>>
I prefer using Gina as my driver.
I feel like I handle the car better as her.

Was anyone here involved in the Crazy Taxi scene in it's heyday? I've just recently started playing it seriously and I'm curious as to why the time difficulty is turned right down in most recorded runs.
I understand why people are free to change the traffic difficulty (less cars on the road is balanced by less opportunities for tips but having too much traffic that can impede your progress allows for lots of tip opportunities) but I don't get why most records weren't set on default time difficulty.
Is it just a case of the base difficulty being too strict for competitive score chasing or is there something I'm not missing?
>>
>tfw the PC port is crippled
Fuck audio licenses, makes no sense.
>>
DAY AFTER DAY
>>
>>337778438
how can you play Crazy Taxi without All I want?
>>
>>337778598
You buy the PC port!
>>
>>337778438
At least it's not the PSP version.
I still play that version when I'm commuting so I can practice my routes and memorise the map and pick-ups/drop-offs better for when I get home and can play the 360 version at home.
It's not as good as the first round of home console versions but I never listen to the in-game music anymore anyway.
I just put my Offspring's Greatest Hits CD on and blast it until I run out of time.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.