[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just got Xenoblade Chronicles. Any tips?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8
File: xenobladechroniclesheroreiner.jpg (64 KB, 610x354) Image search: [Google]
xenobladechroniclesheroreiner.jpg
64 KB, 610x354
I just got Xenoblade Chronicles.
Any tips?
>>
Sell your Nintendo products while the kids are still willing to pay money for it.
>>
Play it and enjoy it anon. Stop wasting time on Taiwanese fingerpainting imageboards.
>>
>>337767847
IT'S RHEIN TIME
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 209x285) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 209x285
Shave your entire body then dig out a hole on the top of a giant gummie bear take out your penor then shoce gummie bear in your ass
>>
>>337767947
I like my wii u sometimes. I'm trying to find a reason to play it and saw this was on there.

>>337767998
Good advice, anon. i think i will but it's downloading right now so I gotta wait!

>>337768049
So random! OMG!
>>
>>337768049
Shoe*
>>
>>337768049
>t. Penguin oF D00M!!!!11
>>
>>337768136
Omg jesus christ is lord
>>
It's not necessary to do every single side quest. That said, if you're a thorough explorer, you'll get a ton of them done automatically anyway.

Always pick up the generic "kill X" or "find Y" quests because as soon as they're done you get the rewards.
>>
File: 1460096536627.png (474 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1460096536627.png
474 KB, 1920x1080
>>337768207
Can you please just try to stay on topic here. I made a good quality thread and you're shitting all over it, Mr. randumb!

>>337768248
Okay, so accept all the side quests I come across because I'll just do them while playing? Got it.
>>
>>337768194
No you see it isnt random because instead of you fucking the gummie bear the gummi bear fucks you then its like xenoblade is best rpg
>>
>>337768372
There is a point of no return eventually. But it's very late in the game and you get many hints it's coming. So don't be afraid to progress before you do all side quests and shit.
>>
File: image.gif (967 KB, 230x307) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
967 KB, 230x307
>>337768372
Im sorry my autism is at fault for my actions
>>
>>337767847
Three of them.

First is to endure the Ether Mines, it gets much better after that.

Second is to not worry about sidequests UNLESS they have a timer on them, in which case you should drop everything and do them ASAP, as they'll expire eventually the more you progress in the story, and there is permanently missable content locked behind them.

Lastly, the AI is spotty in this game, with Shulk and Melia's being the first to come to mind. Control them whenever possible.

Have fun anon, it took me about 150 hours to get as close to 100% completion as possible my first run.
>>
>>337768372
Make sure you're at least halfway competent with ether attacks, because otherwise you'll get assblasted late game (one boss in-particular). There's a specific character that you can use to git gud doing this though.
>>
Ice Cabbage
>>
Make sure you're controlling Reyn/Dunban
The AI doesn't know how to tank properly, however it does understand how to do positional attacks, so it can handle Shulk and the other DPS classes fine for the most part
>>
File: image.jpg (112 KB, 475x1203) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112 KB, 475x1203
>>337768842
>>
>>337768861
The AI plays Shulk horribly, what are you talking about anon?
>>
>>337768524
Also, places that you may think are the point of no return probably aren't. There''s one about two thirds through that without getting to spoilery isn't actually the end.
>>
>>337768681
Very good advice, I assume. So what you're saying is I can control other people besides Shulk, the main character? Not sure if I like that. Sorta complicates things. how many people can be in your party at once?

Also 150 is a lot! Worth the $20 for me if I can get half that.
>>
>>337767847
Yes. Be prepared for a long ass journey with a long story that drags on.
>>
>>337769237
>drags on.
Uhh I don't like the sound of that, but I guess we'll see.
Do most people like the combat? I noticed it's not turn based which is great for me.
>>
File: IMG_0012.jpg (292 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0012.jpg
292 KB, 1600x1200
>>337769169
Four people in your party at once, you can choose whoever you want at any time through a menu
The only two you should never have controlled by the AI are Melia and Shulk because they suck at using them, most people will just control one of those two for most of the game
>Sorta complicates things
Nigga you don't understand
>>
>>337769169
Yes, you can control other characters, and they're pretty fun to play most of the time, and a few fights where it's optimal to not play as him.
>>
>>337769359
It really only drags on if you decide to do as much content as possible
And yeah the combat is fun, though Xenoblade X improves on the combat a lot
>>
Really glad I waited for the U.S. release of Xenoblade Chronicles on Wii U. I could've gotten it on my N3DS but it looks like a damn PS1 game.

>>337769380
Okay, I'll probably stick with Shulk mainly but it wouldn't hurt to try other characters...I guess.
I feel like I should only be Shulk, you know?

Also what am I looking at here, questlines? Character questlines?

>>337769508
Well good thing I havent played X or I might not even enjoy this game's combat.
>>
>>337769380
This shit was responsible for like half of my total gametime. I loved seeing their lives and influencing them.

>>337769359
I don't think that anon meant it in a bad way, I think they were referring to the length of it being pretty long, which it is, but there's not much padding in it, so don't worry about the pacing.
>>
>>337769682
That's the affinity chart, it keeps track of every named NPC and all their interactions with others throughout their daily lives, which can effect questlines
>>
>>337769380
>Four people in your party at once
3 actually.
>>
>>337769940
Do you suggest I use such a chart, or a guide at all?

>>337769695
You're probably right, either way I'm excited and wish it'd download faster.
>>
>>337770071
The chart's an in-game thing
>>
Thanks everyone for being so helpful. I'm hoping I can sink a lot of time into this and escape life for awhile. Wish I could play on PC but I'm too poor to complain

>>337770093
well that is handy.
>>
>>337769359
The fighting has "Auto attacks" which attack for you if you choose to do nothing.
You have skills to pick from for each character, and they all have a cooldown.

I'm not personally a fan of the fighting, its a lot of running in circles and removing/gaining aggro.

Still better than turn based though I guess even though it has stuff in common with turn based.
Like afaik you can't just dodge, if they attack you're getting hit nigger.
>>
Don't bother trying to figure out how gemcrafting works outside of the obvious shit, I beat the entire game and still have no fucking idea how to properly use it
>>
>>337770693
are you simple?
>>
>>337770776
I don't recall the game ever telling me how the flame strength shit works or how character affinities affects the crafting
>>
>>337769359
>Do most people like the combat? I noticed it's not turn based which is great for me.
Being over-leveled makes everything too easy. Pic related, I played it the first time on a macbook pro.
>>
>>337767847
Dumb Ais don't let them control Melia, Fiora or Dunban.
>>
>>337771227
If you find yourself having to rely on AI, you need to remove arts that make them act retarded.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.