[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bought this game a while back when it was on sale. Decided fuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: header.jpg (32 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
32 KB, 460x215
Bought this game a while back when it was on sale. Decided fuck it let's play it. What am I in for /v/ since I value all of your opinions.
>>
A buggy mess.
>>
It's fun but you'll most certainly have to farm for minion lives... energy... whatever the fuck it was called at some point, because you are going to lose a lot of those little buggers.

The elf portion is probably the most boring section of the game though.
>>
pikmin mixed with edge and shit
>>
>>337767328
I likehow that sounds. I had to restart my comp because i tried alt tabbing and it fucked screen one up.
>>
File: Aliens come to Earth.jpg (40 KB, 720x694) Image search: [Google]
Aliens come to Earth.jpg
40 KB, 720x694
>mfw no Overlord 3 where the original overlord invades with a warhammer 40k chaos-tier army of hell and battles the second overlord who fields a slave army of soldiers he's dominated while the player leads the traditional minions who were cast aside by the second overlord all with a pseudo-renaissance age of gunpowder setting
>>
>>337766941
It's a solid "eh, I guess it was alright" game. It's pretty forgettable, really.

I just wish it let you do actually evil things instead of "be a goody two shoes for totally evil reasons I swear" or "do something stupid and petty for a minor gain"
>>
File: Freedom in Chaos.jpg (7 KB, 116x171) Image search: [Google]
Freedom in Chaos.jpg
7 KB, 116x171
>>337767827
>grandpa, dad, and you
Well, that would certainly be interesting.
>>
It's good but nothing spectacular.

decent 7.5/10
>>
>>337767827
Instead we got a half-assed, broken, Diablo clone that no one played.
>>
>>337766941
2 is better, though I do love both overlord games. Overlord was a risk to make, and I think it worked but sadly there is no room for "b-rated" games anymore.

Shame, I think they made something really special with Overlord.
>>
>>337766941
I've enjoyed It much more than second game. Tower felt more comfy and plot wasn't that lazy. Srly second game felt like: "Holy shit, I'm T. Pratchett's daughter! I can make any lazy shit up and critics will call it high taste fantasy satire."
>>
>>337768508
Don't forget that no one asked for either. Meanwhile the pc port of Overlord 2 never got the arena and one of the endings is still broken.
>>
File: velvet.jpg (34 KB, 338x600) Image search: [Google]
velvet.jpg
34 KB, 338x600
A fun game that achieves what it set out to do. You may think you don't get to be "evil enough," but given the tone of the game I think you are allowed as much evil as is reasonable in that setting.

Just make sure you choose the right wife.

Or pick both, if you can. I forget if that's just in the sequel where you can coral yourself an orgy with all your mistresses, or if you can do the same in the first one, too.
>>
>>337769206
first one have to choose.
>>
File: 1452712036091.jpg (38 KB, 215x441) Image search: [Google]
1452712036091.jpg
38 KB, 215x441
>>337769206
>choosing velvet
>>
>>337766941
It's fucking fantastic, one of my all time favorite series ever.
I've atleast played and finished that game a dozen times ATLEAST!
>>
>>337767328
>edge and shit
NO IT IS NOT, it's making fun of classic fantasy, it's not trying to be edgy, you haven't played the fucking game.
>>
File: -1358660390.jpg (64 KB, 500x285) Image search: [Google]
-1358660390.jpg
64 KB, 500x285
>>337769028
Hell, I wanted a third installment, but not at all like what we got. I just wanted more bargain Pikim in a satirical fantasy setting and binary moral choices.

The series aint great, but it was enjoyable. It was video game fast food.

>>337769275
In that case the choice is quite clear.

>>337769517
Of course. Overlord 2 did at least have more variety, though.
>>
>>337768508
remember that this franchise has more spinoffs than main installments

>>337769028
i tried to rip it off from the 360 to pc, didn't work. wish someone would buy the license from codemasters.
>>
>>337768517
pretty sure it's the same person that writes the plot to both games
the plot was good in both games
think it was better in the second one
>>
>>337769889
I don't think that's true, if you count Fellowship of Evil as the third game (probably shouldn't count it as a game at all), but it definitely has more terrible entries that even decent ones.

Fact checking your statement, I had no idea Overlord: Dark Legend and Overlord: Minions existed.

This series has not been treated well.
>>
>>337769206
Too bad she isn't the canon waifu.
>>
>>337770109
heard those wii games are alright, i never had a wii tho.

we'll get Overlord 3 some day
>>
>>337770109
I think the wii one is decent, but could never get it to work right in dolphin. As soon as the map screen pops it, it locks up.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.