[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CIVILIZATION 6
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: Civz.jpg (2 MB, 2332x3612) Image search: [Google]
Civz.jpg
2 MB, 2332x3612
>you are the first and last generation to ever know what good games were like

How does it feel, /v/?
>>
>>337754792
(You)
>>
I haven't been keeping up, what's up with Civ 6?
>>
>>337755143
Clearly it's a mobile game
>>
Who gives a shit about graphics. I want to know if they ironed out the issues I have with 5
>>
>>337754792
>That image
>Someone actually spent the time to make that scene over and over again.
>>
It looks pretty cool to me.
>>
>>337755396
Civ Map editors have never been complicated.

Especially III's, which is basically Paint.
>>
File: BbxFrSv.jpg (83 KB, 1280x485) Image search: [Google]
BbxFrSv.jpg
83 KB, 1280x485
>PC games don't get downgraded guiz
>>
>>337755143
They released three screenshots, and because it has a clean. cartoonish artstyle we obviously already know it's 0/10 blunder of the century reddit cuck sjw cancer killing video games.
>>
File: dry your tears.jpg (42 KB, 428x55) Image search: [Google]
dry your tears.jpg
42 KB, 428x55
>tfw Civ 4 was the perfect strategy game of all times and no other game will be close as good
>>
>>337754792
but were all still gunna buy it
>>
>>337756085
...says the dweeb who never played Alpha Centauri.
>>
>>337755568
>A stylistic change is the same thing as downgrading due to performance issues
consolecucks pls
>>
>>337756385
>>337756385
>due to performance issues

but it was, the game had trouble running on mobile so they went with this style to make it run better on mobile
>>
>>337756536
So this has what to do with PC? Downgrades on PC in general have always been due to consoles dragging the games down with them; for all intents and purposes mobile games count as a console.
>>
>>337756867
the game was designed for low tier PCs

you realize not every PCfat has a high end PC and steam survey revealed 80% of users have weaker hardware than X1/PS4

so now tell me why make a PC exclusive game that most people wont be able to run? and thats why they went for these visuals
>>
>>337757071
>a PC exclusive game that most people wont be able to run?

Which was sorta the case for Civ V when it launched, so I can see why they're going with a cleaner art style.
>>
>>337755568
Is the joke that the left image looks like ass?
>>
Can you memesters talk about the actual game? AI changes sound really comfy.
>>
>>337758725
What are the AI changes?
>>
>>337755319
Of course they haven't
>>
>>337758895
Basically it'll be clearer what the AI's goals are. So it won't be so obtuse as to why they all hate you and it'll be easier to make friends.
>>
>>337755601
civ 5 was pretty cartoony to me
>>
>>337755568
what happened to 4th horse?
>>337760153
actually, ai will become more obscure with every leader having a randomized secret agenda. so you'll have to spy them to learn their true motives - so they say.
>>
The Style they're going with Civ 6 doesn't look bad, and I don't play 4xs for their graphics. It's obvious they're trying to make the game look nice and still run on medium and low tier computers, and that's not a bad thing.
>>
wait

you don't all exclusively use strategic view?
>>
I actually like the new art style. God forbid we get a major non-Nintendo/indie game that doesn't go for realistic textures and models for once.
>>
I want to feel like I'm a fucking based as hell emperor of a big as fuck empire battling for glory with the rest of the world but this cartoony gay ass shit doesn't let me
>>
>>337756085
Stack of death made it slower than it should have been, I do miss those cultural boarder wars though
>>
>>337761461
d i s desu

The new art style takes away all the "epicness" of making your civilization survive and carrying it through the ages
>>
>>337755043
I've been seeing this everywhere, what does it mean? I know what it References, but what does the meme mean?
>>
>>337763697
"(You)" = "Free reply"
>>
>>337763950
So it's a bump?
>>
>>337764078
Not exactly, it's more like "here's the attention you wanted"
>>
>>337764185
Got it, thanks.
>>
File: civ 4+5.jpg (2 MB, 2332x3612) Image search: [Google]
civ 4+5.jpg
2 MB, 2332x3612
this is what i was hoping for

i hope 6 sells what with all those hexes and all
>>
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 205x246
>>337756332
Fuk u, capitarist pig! Get nerve stapurr! Five mirrion year in punishment sphere!
>>
>>337763697
1) someone is bumping their own post to make others see it and possibly respond to it, despite it's content

2) someone else is responding to the post by posting absolutely nothing of value in an attempt to be ironic and funny
>>
just so everyone knows the reason why they went with this is because it's a timed PC exclusive which is why everything was made so big and cartoony as it's easier to see on a tv
>>
>>337755250
console game***
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.