[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This game is on sale for less than $20 on the e-shop and I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: PWAA_Trilogy_Logo.png (275 KB, 2473x1193) Image search: [Google]
PWAA_Trilogy_Logo.png
275 KB, 2473x1193
This game is on sale for less than $20 on the e-shop and I'm not really sure whether or not to get it. I have never played an AA game and is this the best starting point?
>>
>>337751083
>is this the best starting point?

Yes. It's a very story based series. Always play in order of release. It has the first 3 games of the series together.
>>
>>337751083
seeing how it's the first 3 games, yes. it's an excellent starting point.

the sprite work is updated from the GBA version, but still retains it's charm. It's much better looking that the Phoenix Wright trilogy on Ipad, which sports shitty pencil-looking drawings in lieu of the sprites.

I recommend the Ace Attorney games to everyone.
>>
>>337751083
It's the best starting point and it has all the best games (1 & 3). Just get it.
>>
>>337751624
>>337751683
>>337751769
Sounds good. Thanks.
>>
>>337751957
if you're interested in continuing the series after that, Apollo Justice is on DS as is Miles Edgeworth investigations (you can order them off of Amazon). Dual Destinies is on the eshop and has a DLC case in which you defend an orca whale.

Dual Destinies gets a lot of shit on /v/, but I actually really liked it.
>>
>>337751083
It has the BEST games in it.
After that, its just getting worse and worse.
I bought Dual destinies on sale, im currently on the last case but...
goddamit.
its like playing an easy mode. You don't have to find the contradictions, because the character tells you COSTANTLY and MULTIPLE FUCKING TIMES where the contradiction lie.
you don't have to explore every detail in the rooms, because it basically automatic. you dont even have to FUCKING MOVE between rooms during explorations, because its autoimatic. you don't have to present evidence during exploration to some chracaters in order to get info, because IF you need to they tell you.
Its retarded, its too easy and it takes away that Glorious feeling of "IM SO SMART"that occured to you playing the first trilogy when you finally understood what was the contradiction.
FML.
at least athena is not so bad as i feared. i kinda like her actually. Blaquill is just a bland idiot.
AND I WANT GUMSHOE BACK
>>
>>337752145
I got an R4 so I'm good with the DS games.
>>
>>337751769
JFA was great for the final case alone.
>>
>>337752245
Yeah, the final case is great but the ones before it are just bad (2-1 and 2-3) or very mediocre (2-2).

Also Franziska is a shit prosecutor who has nothing else going on than that stupid le tsundere girl with a whip -bullshit. She gets better as a support character later in the series, but she just fails as a courtroom opponent.
>>
>>337752936
I agree completely, but the moral dilemma, the fanservice with Edgeworth on the defense side, and the constant, looming threat of Maya potentially dying due to the moral dilemma. Speaking purely thematically, it's one of the most, if not THE most, well written case(s) in the whole series.
>>
>>337752171
>it's like playing on easy mode
Thank fuck they're fixing this with AA6. Dual Destinies would have been alright if it just weren't so goddamn easy.
>>
Getting my wisdom teeth ripped out tomorrow. This will be the ultimate comfy game. Thanks for the info on the sale, OP.
>>
>>337753567
Also, first cases were shit, The school case i knew who did it mid case(also, most shaneigans by the perpetrator were ridicolously stupid).
The last case...its good. its genuinly good, it has a lot of turns and I still have no idea who the real killer is.
I think Im almost at the end tho, i am when apollo incriminates athena during the fake trial. YOU LITTLE DIPSHIT.
also, someone spoilered me HEY, YOU KNOW THAT FULLBRIGHT DIES? god FUCKING dammit

Is the new one supposed to be harder? I saw the trailer and the generic weaboo chinese look really saddened me.
The prosecutor, of all things, makes no sense at all(even tho id bang her). She's a generic as a loli can be.
>>
>>337754195
I believe Capcom said they're returning the series back to its former difficulty with this entry and just wanted to treat DD as a new entry point for new players.
>>
>>337754549
I hope so...i liked the new 3d graphics(well, edgeworth is TERRIBLE)and all but, man, it feels like going on autoplay.
>>
>>337754173
>Getting my wisdom teeth ripped out tomorrow.
Damn, that's gonna be fun. When I got my wisdom teeth pulled, I couldn't eat without feeling immense pain for weeks. I also had to take medication constantly and call out of work for a few days. It sucked, but it got better. Wish you the best of luck.
>>
File: 1462623443644.jpg (185 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1462623443644.jpg
185 KB, 1280x720
Do you guys still watch the anime?
>>
>>337754173
Are you me?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.