[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on Heavy Rain?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: heavy-rain-box-art.jpg (72 KB, 640x748) Image search: [Google]
heavy-rain-box-art.jpg
72 KB, 640x748
Thoughts on Heavy Rain?
>>
>>337750950
Has it's flaws because it was originally intedned to have supernatural stuff
But it's the best of the Cage games and the only one were every character can die and the story still continues and changes
>>
SHAUN
>>
My favorite character ended up being the killer. It felt jarring cause my actions while playing him did not set it up.
>>
>>337750950
dude this is the video game board, not movie
>>
If you're a fan of those types of games then it's good. It's definitely way better than Beyond Two Souls and I'd say its better than Indigo Prophecy but mostly because that game kinda had to be rushed during development.
>>
>>337751231
xD
>>
SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUN
>>
agentnahmanjaydenfbi
>>
>>337751347
JAAAAAAASOOOOOOON
>>
File: 1461657378092.jpg (142 KB, 650x619) Image search: [Google]
1461657378092.jpg
142 KB, 650x619
>>337750950
It's alright had problems but is still fun.

Plus it takes some of the pain away knowing at least my life wont be filled with horrible events instead it will just be dreary slow ride till death.
>>
>>337750950
>Thoughts on Heavy Rain?
Probably the best work Cage will ever do. And since it's still deeply flawed, this speaks volumes to his abilities.

Honestly, I think you could make a chain of QTEs into an enjoyable game. And I think Cage almost does it with Heavy Rain. But the puzzle is missing pieces and by the end of the game you just want the whole mess to be over.

The murders/killer don't make sense, the level of technology on display in 2012 doesn't make sense, the hint of paranormal activity (barring what was cut) doesn't make sense, and the game play is mashing out QTEs.

But then, when he tried to make things make sense in B:TS, the explanations fell apart immediately, so it's probably just something you accept as a persistent personality flaw at this point.
>>
It has flaws, but screw what people say, it was game that did something different and I respect it for that.
The Walking Dead comes out later, does pretty much the same thing, and that gets GOTY, so people have no idea what they like.
>>
File: 1378629362350.jpg (48 KB, 336x330) Image search: [Google]
1378629362350.jpg
48 KB, 336x330
Might've actually been great if the writing team didn't swap in and out plot points on a whim and ultimately have the game be a disjointed mess with plotholes everywhere
>>
>>337750950
JAAAYSON!
>>
Never played it. Is the remastered version of it that's on ps4 worth it? I think it's bundled with Beyond Two Souls as well.
>>
>>337753112
>HURR WHAT IS INDIGO PROPHECY

kill yourself sonycuck
>>
dsp playthrough of it was good
>>
File: Ethanmars.jpg (123 KB, 1218x1080) Image search: [Google]
Ethanmars.jpg
123 KB, 1218x1080
Ethan Mars should have been in Playstation All Stars
>>
>>337752013
>so it's probably just something you accept as a persistent personality flaw at this point
I am 100% sure Cage does not reread his scripts. He writes them and says "ok I am done" and then walks away.
>>
>>337753349
They're fun to play with a friend or two. Taking turns with the characters and laughing at how terrible it is.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.