[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>怪盗稼業に勤しむ主人公たちも、昼間はごくふつうの高校生。学校の授業を
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 3
File: per.png (1 MB, 1102x470) Image search: [Google]
per.png
1 MB, 1102x470
>怪盗稼業に勤しむ主人公たちも、昼間はごくふつうの高校生。学校の授業を受けたり、放課後は友だちといっしょに都内のスポットへ遊びに出かけたり、気になる女の子を誘ってデートしたり。さらに、海水浴や文化祭、社会科見学や海外への修学旅行など、心躍るイベントが年中盛りだくさん。

People always say Japanese otaku want to do this and that's why Japanese anime/LNs/games etc. are the way they are, but now Persona 5 actually flaunts it as an important selling point.

I'm not sure if I should be impressed or laughing.
>>
>>337749915
That list is all normie stuff.
>>
wat
>>
>>337749915
Want what, school slice of life parts?
I guess the whole double life thing is fun in its own way, like you live a normal life during the day and your secret life during the night.
>>
>>337749915
I don't read moon so I have no idea what you're saying
>>
what exactly do those saturn paterns say
>>
>>337749915
It's literally just explaining that the main characters are normal high school students during the day.

Just like P3 and P4.
>>
im gay
>>
>>337749915
Did you make this thread to brag about knowing Japanese?
>>
>>337750441
Yes, high-school setting with pander to otaku neets and shit.

Often people complain about it in various Japanese media, but now yuh Persona does it and everyone is all giddy.

I guess Sen no Kiseki did it too, a marked downgrade from previous Kiseki games, but people lapped it up too.
>>
>>337750441
>Want what, school slice of life parts?
The having friends part.
>>
Does it look like speak ching chong nip nong, motherfucker?
>>
>>337749915
>海外への修学旅行
>overseas school trip

Sweet. I hope they go to Germany and meet some rapefugees. Ann, Futaba, Haru and Makoto would surely love that BBC.
>>
>>337750779
Sen no Kiseki was a good game you faggot
>>
>>337750779
Sen did it because Persona made bug bucks off of it

By the way, they better cut that shit out b the time the Calvard arc starts
>>
>>337750916
Cuck.
And obviously they'll go to Australia.

>>337750978
Shut up Dave.
>>
>>337750779
You mean like the last two persona games...?
>>
>>337750779
Persona has always been about having a double life, that's the game's theme and charm. At least since 3.
I don't have any problems with it, there are plenty of games that don't play in a school.
>>
>>337750779
Welcome to ten years ago
>>
>>337749915
What's wrong with SoL?
>>337750312
>normie
Piss off
>>
>>337751025
Persona 2 was like that too, not that you'd know, since you started with P4 for yuh epic waifus.

The point is that they never made such big deal out of it. And I assure if this was a new franchise, you'd lament how it panders to otaku again.
>>
File: persona ps1.jpg (19 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
persona ps1.jpg
19 KB, 320x240
>>337751025
>last two

>>337751128
>ten years ago
>>
>>337750916
Fuck off with that shit. Only Ann deserves cultural enrichment by a pack of dindus.
>>
>>337750312
But persona and smt are the /r9k/ of videogames
>>
>>337751379
>they never made such big deal out of it.
HA!
>>
Wait, I'm getting desja vu here. Haven't I seen this thread, word for word, yesterday?
>>
>>337751379
>The point is that they never made such big deal out of it.
Is this your first time reading Japanese advertisements? Cute girls sell. If the game is 50% SoL 50% dungeon crawling, you can be damn sure 95% of the advertisements in Japan will be about dating with cute girls.
Even games like Baldr Sky which have fucking grimdark moments and mecha combat was mainly advertised with the school life flashback parts.
>>
>Sen no Kiseki has a high school setting
>Light novel tier waifu pandering shit

>Persona has a high school setting
>10/10 this is what more jrpg should strive to be

I'll never get weebs.
>>
>>337751902
Different kind of people making those statements
>>
>>337751902
>>337751982
Having a high school setting alone doesn't make a game anyway
Like P3 was still slightly less otaku pandering than P4 despite being both high school settings
>>
>>337751982
I don't think you remember the massive amount of hate sen no kiseki was getting before it released. It was a massive shit fest and you could not go 3-4 post in a sen thread without the term "light novel" or "academy/school setting" being used as an insult. None of that has hit persona.
>>
So, it's saying that during the day you can do stuff like go on dates with girls, going swimming, going to culture festivals, attend social studies classes, go on field trips, and field trips to foreign countries.

Persona 5 confirmed for GOTY, you can do normalfag stuff.
>>
>>337751902
>>337752182

Persona has always been about high school, so of course people who play persona don't mind that.

Kiseki, however had a more traditional setting with heavy political intrigue and world building elements. Kiseki fans were used to getting something else entirely for a decade before Sen came along.

No hypocrisy is happening here because these are two completely different groups of people.
>>
>>337752169
It's as if as time progressed, it became clear that hardcore otaku pandering is the way for easy money. Especially nowadays with idol culture and shit.

Consider cases of Gen'ei Ibun Roku #FE, Tokyo Xanadu, Omega Quintet etc.

Now what this might mean for Persona 5? Of course Persona was always about high school, but it evolves. Seem like butthurt Persona players ITT can't grasp that.
>>
>AAAHHHH I CAN'T READ IT!!

Do none of you have rikaichan installed? Or hell, just use your phone and take a picture of it and translate that way. It's never been easier to translate text. You don't even need to know moon anymore.
>>
>>337752324
You could go swimming and field trips in P3. I doubt this will be something you can do whenever you want, more like a story event like in the other games..
>>
>>337752567
>Do none of you have rikaichan installed?

Why on Earth would people who aren't learning even be aware of Rikaichan/sama?

I've been learning moon for almost 4 years and I hate how other learners start acting like every random person should know the same shit as them. Posting moon with no translation and then acting shocked when nobody knows what the fuck you're talking about makes you look like a prick. And JP learners already have enough embarassing stereotypes to deal with.
>>
>>337752519
But none of those sold very well
>>
>>337752519
>Consider cases of Gen'ei Ibun Roku #FE, Tokyo Xanadu, Omega Quintet etc.
A bunch of niche, low-budget games that barely made a profit, one of which completely flopped?
>>
>>337752567
There are still people who don't speak Japanese?
I mean, it's like 2016.
>>
WHEN ARE THEY ANNOUNCING THE MASTER RACE VERSION I'M GETTING SCARED
>>
>>337753097
Fuck off
>>
>>337750752

This.

Could you be anymore obvious, OP? You know barely anyone on this board speaks Jap, you fucking moron.
>>
File: translations.png (103 KB, 585x575) Image search: [Google]
translations.png
103 KB, 585x575
>>337752985
If you are at all considering having video games as your hobby in the future, you should be desperately learning Japanese. The censorship will only get worse.
>>
>>337753097
Never ever, buy a PS4 if you want real games and stop bothering the true master race.
>>
>>337752567

>expecting everyone to translate your thread instead of making the OBVIOUS decision to translate it yourself.

Wow, aren't you the dumbass.
>>
>>337753421

You desperately need to rethink your life priorities mate.
>>
this game can only be enjoyed by people young enough to not hate teenagers.
>>
>le dead language faec

Fuck off weeb.
>>
>>337753618
Maybe I should do something more constructive instead like watch TV 6 hours a day like normal people.
>>
>>337753421
Whether someone is willing to learn a foreign language or not is their choice. If you have a problem with non-japanese people not knowing how to read Japanese, then go post on a Japanese site instead of dickwaving your sub-N1 skills in front of people who don't give a fuck
>>
High school is literally the worst setting

I am so fucking sick of it, it's worse than tolkien ripoffs, it's worse than space marines, it's worse than fucking everything come the fuck on at least give us college so characters aren't fucking children
>>
>>337753421
>Implying anyone gives a fuck about Mind Zero
That mention always makes me wonder if someone was just accessing around when they made the image and didn't expect it to catch on.
>>
>>337753841
It's a list from a portfolio, anon.
>>
>>337753792
There are barely any rpgs that use a school setting
>>
>>337753421
I don't know about the other games but there is nothing censored in Guilty Gear, Arcana Heart or BlazBlue
>>
>>337753421

None of those games had anything bad changed, just some epic memes.

That's not to say there isn't SJWs that do localization, whoever did Gunvolt and changed a character into a tranny and referred to them as "Xe" needs to be shot.
>>
>>337753918
It's one of three settings that RPGs and anime in general recycles endlessly. If it's a modern day setting you bet your ass it's either set in a high school or the main cast are teenagers attending high school
>>
>>337754096
>I don't know about it so it doesn't exist
>>
>>337753772
And the thing with N1 is that it doesn't test your language production skills at all. You could theoretically get a perfect score on the N1 level and have no idea how to form a natural sentence in writing or in speech. Or worse, know how to do it, but you sound like a stilted anime character.

>>337753792
High school is the equivalent of college in Japan. You're not even forced to go to it. You can graduate middle school and try to go straight into the workforce. Their college isn't nearly as fun as it is elsewhere.
>>
>>337753792
>it's worse than space marines

But SMT's take on space marines was the best SMT.
>>
>>337754273
>It's one of three settings that RPGs and anime in general recycles endlessly
Anime does this really often but rpgs very rarely do this, most characters are just higschool aged and school is usually never brought up
>>
>>337754315
You need a fair amount of text comprehension and reading speed to get anywhere close to passing N1 that only comes with years of practice. You only have like 30 seconds for each answer, and the sentences are fairly hard. I can assure you if someone has that much experience with the language, he will be able to speak at least half decently, if haltingly at times.
>>
>>337753902
I know, but the writing is bad in Japanese, and the story's so boiler-plate that it's impossible to have anything offensive beyond maybe the artwork to soccer moms. It could have some curation.
>>
>>337754294
Well tell me what was censored in them then
>>
>>337754497
You're right; I shouldn't have exaggerated so much, but still, it's hardly the barometer for fluency so many people make it out to be, and I always wonder about the people who say they reach the N1 level in a year on here.
>>
>>337753792

I wouldn't mind the high school setting if the characters weren't the most Disney channel take on students.

I miss the days of Persona 2 when we had a literal slut and a rocker gang boss.
>>
>>337754739
>Implying Rocker gang boss isn't a softie than Kanji is
Still a great character, but he really has no edge to him to balance out how goofy he is.
>>
>>337754273
High school is the last bit of freedom a nip has before he has to go work 17 hours a day
>>
>>337754737

I've known a few who have passed the N1, and their skills left a lot to be desired. It's one thing to complete the test, but actually living there and conversing with people on a daily basis is a whole different ball-game. All the studying in the world isn't going to prevent you from not knowing what someone is talking about. From my experience, I was always learning something new while living in the Japanese country side.

I remember some old lady coming up to me one time, speaking in a dialect I could not comprehend. It's possible she was just speaking gibberish, but she just decided to come up and babble some shit to me. I've studied for about 4 years like the other guy, but even that didn't prepare me for what that bitch was spouting.
>>
>>337754959
*bigger softie
>>
>>337754959

I still can't see the P4 cast hanging out with someone like him.
>>
>you will never see a real world setting with teenagers that isn't slice of life

Starting anime with Higurashi spoiled me.
>>
>>337755698
The World Ends With You?

What was going in that game was far from slice of life
>>
>>337753739

>watch TV 6 hours a day like normal people

Nice blanket statement bro.
>>
>>337755698
Shadow Hearts
>>
>>337755874
That's true, didn't think of that game because I didn't play it.
>>
>>337753421
didnt zero escape series translation is perfect?
>>
>>337756308
Uchikoshi thinks it is, and honestly, the localization changes are good. It actually uses pronouns instead of just saying someone's name over and over, it doesn't mention the name at all if it doesn't add anything in English and if it's obvious who's being talked to, and it substitutes cases of just yelling someone's name over and over back to back with equivalent phrases that carry the same emotion but that vary things up. It avoids a ton of pitfalls in usual script translation.
>>
>>337757437
>I'm on the verge of mental collapse/death/despair, but I'll make sure to nicely vary up the words I'm yelling with all my heart so I avoid the pitfall of needlessly repeating my comrade's name
And this is why western localization is trash.
>>
>>337753618
fuck you man
being bilingual or multilingual looks good on a resume
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.