[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did Sonic become about lore? The series should've stuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: Maria.jpg (95 KB, 923x768) Image search: [Google]
Maria.jpg
95 KB, 923x768
When did Sonic become about lore? The series should've stuck to a fast hedgehog stopping a mad scientist and nothing more.
>>
>>337744417
>When did Sonic become about lore?
Sonic 2, or 3 in the JP manuals.
It stopped with the start of Unleashed, at least.
>>
>>337744417
It's not too heavy on the lore, I feel. Most games are more or less self contained and Shadow the Hedgehog basically went "Fuck your lore and your fan theories" by having 10 different endings to cover multiple possibilities, only to go "but the truth is none of it matters" in the true end.
>>
>>337744669
>only to go "but the truth is none of it matters" in the true end.
The "truth" was that Shadow was actually the real one and that Eggman somehow saved him. But you're only told 8 minutes into the fucking final battle.
>>
>>337744987
Wait how the fuck do you spend 8 minutes doing the final battle? You basically have to suck or do literally nothing and wait for more dialogue.
>>
File: 20120211102037.jpg (57 KB, 635x716) Image search: [Google]
20120211102037.jpg
57 KB, 635x716
the absolute lowest depths of Sonic """"lore""""
>>
Sonic Adventure 1 had a light lore
Sonic Adventure 2 tried to be more like MGS and went full out.
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 598x448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 598x448
>>337745248
>that scene where knuckles attempts suicide
>>
>>337745248
How do we make Sonic cool again?
Give him a sword!

I hope somebody got fired for that.
>>
>>337745398
Wait what?
>>
Adventure 2, StH, and to a lesser extent Adventure 1 were the only ones that tried to be story heavy and build on the lore. So did 06 but that seemed to just make shit up that didn't really matter
>>
>>337745453
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnJdCyMtsew
>>
>>337744669
It was pretty heavy
>SA1 just introduced staples to the character's personalities, and Knuckles
>SA2 introduced Shadow and Maria
>Heroes try to implied he was a robot
>Shadow I think, wanted to be open ended but stuck with Shadow being the real one the entire time.
>Sonic 06 was a reboot and did shit with Silver

After that, they gave up and not think too much about it.
>>
>>337745735
That's actually hilarious
>>
>>337745248
I unironically enjoyed this game, as well as Secret Rings.

Say what you want but at least you can go fast, man.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.