[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We can all agree this is better than the original Doom, right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: doom-frontcover.jpg (81 KB, 351x500) Image search: [Google]
doom-frontcover.jpg
81 KB, 351x500
We can all agree this is better than the original Doom, right?
>>
>>337744084
I can agree it's better than Doom 3.
>>
File: 2725817.jpg (14 KB, 300x261) Image search: [Google]
2725817.jpg
14 KB, 300x261
Original? You mean this isn't the original?
>>
File: p.jpg (105 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
p.jpg
105 KB, 900x900
WHEN
>>
Its a good Doom game for 2016 yes.

I'd say Doom 1 and 2 in their prime was the best games available.
>>
Nostalgiafags will say no.
>>
Multiplayer needs to be reworked. Why the fuck is there no DM (only TDM) and no Capture the flag game modes? Also, the map editor is shit and way over hyped.

Single player is excellent however, and a very worthy remake of the original. Same feeling. Make sure you play on Nightmare difficulty.
>>
>>337744140
It's pretty much the Doom 2 sequel we never got, so I'd say this is the "real" Doom 3
>>
>>337744084
1 > 64 > Final > 2 > 4 >>>>>>> 3

4 is a shit ton of fun so far though. Biggest surprise to me in years.
>>
>>337744084

It's not anything like the original Doom.
>>
>>337744084
How Doom 3 should have been. I like that it feels like a natural evolution of the fucking thing. Love ya Doom 3, but never should have strayed away from fast action.
>>
>>337745028
>no DM
this is such a fucking weird move. all i can guess is cos they wanna force demon runes/loadouts and maybe it wouldn't work with loadouts in a free for all? i don't play many multiplayer games on console so i dunno if many games using loadout systems have ffa.

the ones that piss me off are that rockets don't juggle and the weapons feel very minorly too weak.
>>
>>337745609
>all i can guess is cos they wanna force demon runes
Demon runes can still work in a DM though. Only one monster at a time, and a cool down on the drop.

>/loadouts and maybe it wouldn't work with loadouts in a free for all
Really don't get the point of loadouts. Everyone should have spawned with the pistol (or maybe the shotgun) from single player. All other weapons should be drops found on the map.

>weapons feel very minorly too weak
So true. Ridiculous that you need 4-5 hits with a rocket launcher to finish a guy.
>>
>>337745165
>It's pretty much the Doom 2 sequel we never got
>Doom 64
>>
>>337744084
At first I was like, you kidding right?
But it does have new weapons, new enemys and new and interesting mechanics +a 3rd dimension.
So I'm split
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.