[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best vidya series with initials DS coming thru. >Dead Space
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 9
File: deadspace.jpg (349 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
deadspace.jpg
349 KB, 1920x1200
Best vidya series with initials DS coming thru.

>Dead Space 4 when?
>Favorite game?
>Favorite weapon?
>Best moments of the entire series?
>Most terrifying/freaky necromorph?
>Seriously, Dead Space 4 fucking when?
>>
Fuck Dead Space 3
>>
>>337741735
agreed. weapon customization was pretty underrated in retrospect though
>>
File: Stalker4_DS2.jpg (61 KB, 370x600) Image search: [Google]
Stalker4_DS2.jpg
61 KB, 370x600
>>
>>337741527
>>Dead Space 4 when?
never
>>Favorite game?
>>Favorite weapon?
force gun
>>Best moments of the entire series?
picture related
>>Most terrifying/freaky necromorph?
twitcher
>>
>>337745820
god damn that entire section was metal. i still vividly remember the gym portion
>>
>>337741527
>I dunno
>2
>Javelin Gun
>Ending of 2 was pretty crazy. Same thing with the whole Nicole is dead part of 1. Eyeball machine too
>The Hunter
>>
File: 1456961046618.jpg (1 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
1456961046618.jpg
1 MB, 3840x2160
>>
>>337745820
Security suit best suit
>>
>>337747758
i could have sworn there was text in that post

>Best vidya series with initials DS coming thru.
>>
>>337747646
FUCK YOU AND FUCK YOUR MARKER
>>
File: lmfao.gif (973 KB, 500x394) Image search: [Google]
lmfao.gif
973 KB, 500x394
>Dead Space 4 when?
Wish fucking never ever, it will be more shit than DS3, see how BF Hardline went with Visceral. Disgusting.
>Favorite game?
First DS erryday, even though I loved Isaac's hallucinations in 2
>Favorite weapon?
Javelin Gun a cute, cute!
>Best moments of the entire series?
Kindergarten, that fucking sun piece of shit
>Most terrifying/freaky necromorph?
Divider, no fucking contest, ask anyone and they'll remember that fucking moan.
>Seriously, Dead Space 4 fucking when?
If it is inevitable that it will be shit, I ask one thing, one fucking thing.
THE RETURN OF THE MOTHERFUCKING RIG LEVEL 3 WITH ITS ORIGINAL TEXTURE
>>
if you're a line gun user do yourself a favor: learn how to aim and use any other weapon instead
>>
>>337741527
Mah nigga.
>dead space 2
>line gun
>don't know about best part, but 1's morgue bit was amazingly atmospheric. Was shitting my pants the whole time.
>Most terrifying baddy: crawlers
Fuck dead space 3 though
>>
>Dead Space 2
>Almost each room is unique
>Dead Space 3
>Entire goddamn bases get completely recycled
The fuck happened?
>>
>>337749878
Ops, I meant Leapers.
But then there are the dividers.
I'm not sure which I would pick.
>>
played one and two repeatedly

havent played three yet

what am i in for?
>>
all weapons in the Dead Space games are immensely satisfying in their own right; this is one of the few series where I can unabashedly say that

>>337749089
Line gun is way OP but it's only so because it fundamentally gets the job done quicker. If you're skilled with any other weapon, even the ordinary plasma cutter, then you can easily match up with the sheer power of the line gun provides.
>>
>>337750067
DS 3 isn't copypasted at all though. Assets are reused, but that's true for literally every game ever.
>>
>>337750468
dividers are /x/ tier motherfuckers. I always did hate the leapers though. Especially in zero g. truly horrifying shit
>>
File: 1462812389680.jpg (116 KB, 668x712) Image search: [Google]
1462812389680.jpg
116 KB, 668x712
>>337750067
Motherfucking EA, man. I remember some anon said that EA let Visceral back when the original xbox was a thing (maybe 2004) freedom to develop a new interesting IP for the console, now, do you what the means letting a bunch of artist freedom to create whatever shit they want? you can read how the development went (the absolute madmen even based the necromorphs of from bodies from car crashes).
Here's the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuOBsih6Os0
Anyway, my point is how an anon discribed in a post that commonly the first game of a new IP tends to be simple but great nonetheless, the second installment tends to improve many aspects, and then you have the third one that tends to change somenthing and it ends being a piece of shit.
>>
>>337750716
a solid survival action game with intermittent horror thrown in.

it's a pretty good game if you want to curbstomp some monsters, unlike the first two which are good games if you want to get curbstomped by monsters
>>
>>337751357
im losing the feeling of being a little girl? but i loved feeling so weak and defenseless then going on tantrum spree's after finally getting what i want
>>
>>337751238
god damn. this just further reaffirms my belief that Dead Space is one of the most underrated series the seventh gen had to offer. There was true genuine and unique inspiration behind its development, up until DS3 at least
>>
File: photo.jpg (3 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
3 KB, 100x100
>>337750716
More action, universal ammo, OK craft system, a stupid story that tells fucking nothing, interesting coop (though I don't know if there are still people playing), boring new characters that die fucking quickly like your favourite B-Movie. "Something interesting here and there" describes perfectly this game.
It's obligatory to install a 100% save game because the NG+ options are fucking more interesting for your first playtrough (you'll die of boredom on later in the game).
>>
>>337750716
I expected absolute bullshit, 3 ended up pretty decent actually. I should note a few things however

>I still haven't forgiven Capcom for RE 4 (fuck anything after chapter 2)
>I pretty much hate series that become casualized with co-op being thrown in
>As a result, I played the game myself but that's more due to not having any friends who play anything besides sports vidya

Most people here didn't like DS3 though, so I'm probably the exception. Some changes like taking out power nodes and universal ammo seemed moronic I managed to find enjoyment in the weapon crafting however. You WILL get bored of killing mobs of enemies eventually, I played on the hardest difficulty available and it took me about 25-27 hours
>>
File: 1436760632719.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1436760632719.png
1 MB, 1366x768
>>337751632
Sorry for my braindead orthography, I had an aneurysm, ayy lmao.
Also, I wanted to tell that I have the feeling that Dishonored will suffer the same fate of DS when the third one come out in the future.
>>
>>337741527
>>Favorite game?
Dead Space 2. It just improved basically everything from the first game. Graphics are still great and since its an older game, if you have a good gpu you can easily play it at 4K 60fps.

>>Favorite weapon?
Javlin Gun. Not the most efficient but holy shit its fun. Especially when you get the electro upgrade. My fondest memory was nailing a stalker with it, the stalker fucks off into the maze. I hit spacebar and I hear a ton of screaming and electrocution effects and flashes of light off in the maze. Finding the charred corpse soon after was perfect.
>>
>>337752023
>universal ammo
what the fuck?

>>337752042
sounds fun, gotta go try it out soon
>>
File: 1457680149462.jpg (94 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1457680149462.jpg
94 KB, 1280x720
!
>>
>>337752726
Yep, no longer you'll feel that shit when you don't have ammo for you shinning upgraded Javelin Gun and you find only ammo for the plasma cutter. That's why it's obligatory to play it on the highest difficulty.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.