[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Make a Linear FPS game. >CHASING THE CALL OF DUTY AUDIENCE.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: surprised-baby.jpg.jpg (80 KB, 460x260) Image search: [Google]
surprised-baby.jpg.jpg
80 KB, 460x260
>Make a Linear FPS game.
>CHASING THE CALL OF DUTY AUDIENCE.
>Make an open world FPS game.
>DO WE REALLY NEED ANOTHER FAR CRY (2/3/4) clone?
>Make a game where you play a duck who kills Nazis by raping them with his duck penis.
>It's so generic. There are a million other games just like this one. I can't name any of them, but that doesn't change how overwhelmingly generic this game is.
>>
>It's so generic. There are a million other games just like this one. I can't name any of them, but that doesn't change how overwhelmingly generic this game is.

This is a common criticism towards the Soulsborne games.
>>
Its not that hard.
Make a game where you shoot eldright abomination, ninja cows, aliens, niggers and fat people that work for government.
make final boss a king from katamari damacy
make it linear with lot of open environments and secrets .
steal weapons from rachet and clank series
make likable protagonist .. like the Dude from big Lebowski
make cool story where you can learn something about something.
etc
>>
>>337741640
also space ships , dinosaurs and time travel
>>
>>337740885
Well considering that japan forgot how to make games that aren't dating sim jrpgs and hack n slash, it's not entirely inaccurate.
>>
>surprised baby
>talking about fps
what did he mean by this
>>
>>337741640
All of that will be in Metal Gear Solid 6.
>>
>>337741640
>Make a game where you shoot eldright abomination, ninja cows, aliens, niggers and fat people that work for government.
So generic. Literally just a Kung Pow ripoff mixed with Doom and maybe Blood.
>make it linear with lot of open environments and secrets.
Been done a million times before.
>steal weapons from rachet and clank series
So unoriginal.
>>
File: Fennel3_Dream.png (132 KB, 318x514) Image search: [Google]
Fennel3_Dream.png
132 KB, 318x514
I mean, sentaitachi you can't please everyone.

But you can please the majority.
Though personally I really wish the "linearity = bad, open world = good" fad would end.
>>
>>337742471
not generic doesnt equal fun. As long as its entertaining who cares if its unoriginal. Its a game where tou shoot shit. It cant be reinvented,Its already being done to death.
>>
>>337739768
>Make a game where you play a duck who kills Nazis by raping them with his duck penis.
sounds pretty co-
>"Duck Simulator"
>>
>Make something totally different
>wow, it's fucking amazing
>>
>>337743524
>>Make something totally different
>>wow, it's fucking amazing
This almost never happens. There are huge diminishing returns for originality. Audiences want more of the same. Why do you think Battlefield 1 has people so excited? Because it's a completely non-innovative game that does literally nothing new, but it is painted nice colors, and that's what audiences want.
>>
>>337741884
I personally can't think about anything similar.
Even Fromsoft's own King's Field series is more about exploring, like a discount Ultima Underground. Same with the Zelda games.
>>
>>337743903
Within the last three or four years, most of the shit has been hack n slash or jrpgs.
>>
>>337743903
Dragon's Dogma.

I mean, if you think about it, Dark Souls is basically just STALKER without guns and without Russia.
>>
>>337743524
Almost everything has been done to some degree though. Unless you want to just shove things together in a LOLRANDUMB way it probably exists.

I feel like the more viable method is to do something old in a new way. Like, say, Splatoon. Third person shooters aren't new but Splatoon did it in a way that was fresh and exciting. Mario Kart is popular and it's "car racing, but with items".
>>
>>337744174
Nope.
Dragon's Dogma is more like a not-boring Witcher.
>>
>>337744475
What about Bitterblack Isle in DD: Dark Arisen?
>>
>>337744607
Never bothered with it. Only finished the regular game.
>>
>>337743795
Its a setting that is almost never visited retard
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.